Reaction score
Website
www.evergreenclothier.com
Vehicle(s)
'18 Tiguan S w/4motion | '14 Fiesta SE Hatchback
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So I just reinstalled the top, we’ll need it where we’re going for the weekend. I did remove the bolt that the bracket was resting on and use it to secure the bracket down. Now I have a real nice lip where the front panels meet the clamshell 😂

Ford Bronco MIC top installed incorrectly by factory (front bracket mounted on top screw rather than through it) 94926F28-BAD5-443A-A812-6759C376B14D
Passenger Side

Ford Bronco MIC top installed incorrectly by factory (front bracket mounted on top screw rather than through it) 35E52236-9975-4430-AE52-DF0B3F35BCCA

Driver’s Side
Sponsored

Phil

Raptor
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3 LR
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Try a washer under the bracket and report back or maybe installing it incorrectly at the factory bent the bracket?

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So I just reinstalled the top, we’ll need it where we’re going for the weekend. I did remove the bolt that the bracket was resting on and use it to secure the bracket down. Now I have a real nice lip where the front panels meet the clamshell 😂

Ford Bronco MIC top installed incorrectly by factory (front bracket mounted on top screw rather than through it) 35E52236-9975-4430-AE52-DF0B3F35BCCA
Passenger Side

Driver’s Side
I am pretty sure that Ford designed it to look like that. ;)

BronchoPeat

Base
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.evergreenclothier.com
Vehicle(s)
'18 Tiguan S w/4motion | '14 Fiesta SE Hatchback
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Try a washer under the bracket and report back or maybe installing it incorrectly at the factory bent the bracket?
I have a washer stack in there now and it’s sufficient but I think I need to fab a nice spacer plate for each side. It definitely makes 0 noise with the washer stack and it’s closer to flush. Waiting for rain to see if it’s leaking at all.

Big Island Bronco ?♂️

First Edition
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ Cherokee, 1971 Z28 R/S
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

My hardtop was built on 6/29, blend date 7/2 (the Friday before a holiday weekend) and no problems with the roof at all. No bracket on my two-door hardtop where you have one. The place where you have a bracket is where the mesh top bolts in, FWIW.

Jeremy how is the Ford Bimini top on your 2-door? I saw people complain about the four-door version being loose fitting and flapping around At highway speeds.

Sponsored

Blue's B6G

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco OB 2-Door V6 Sasquatch AMB High Pack
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Jeremy how is the Ford Bimini top on your 2-door? I saw people complain about the four-door version being loose fitting and flapping around At highway speeds.
I think it’s the best accessory so far. The first week without it, I got a serious forehead tan. I plan to leave the Bimini top on permanently because it fits under the hard top, looks super cool, and really cuts down on the sun.

The fit seems tight/tout to me. You do have to adjust the straps quite a bit to get everything centered and attached properly, which is a real pain doing with the clamshell still on btw. The directions say you can put the Bimini on without removing the clamshell, but I found that you’re going to want to remove the clamshell to get the Bimini on properly.

Regarding flapping, I drove from my house by LAX to Oxnard (47 miles) at highway speeds of 70-90 mph with high wind and downhill against wind and, while there’s obviously going to be straps flapping, it wasn’t constant flapping or annoying flapping. I left the strap ends just dangling loose, too; I know you can secure the strap ends a million different ways to reduce flapping, but it hasn’t bothered me enough to even really think about that project. Mostly what I do is just around town and there’s no flapping to report there at all.

Big Island Bronco ?♂️

First Edition
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ Cherokee, 1971 Z28 R/S
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I think it’s the best accessory so far. The first week without it, I got a serious forehead tan. I plan to leave the Bimini top on permanently because it fits under the hard top, looks super cool, and really cuts down on the sun.

The fit seems tight/tout to me. You do have to adjust the straps quite a bit to get everything centered and attached properly, which is a real pain doing with the clamshell still on btw. The directions say you can put the Bimini on without removing the clamshell, but I found that you’re going to want to remove the clamshell to get the Bimini on properly.

Regarding flapping, I drove from my house by LAX to Oxnard (47 miles) at highway speeds of 70-90 mph with high wind and downhill against wind and, while there’s obviously going to be straps flapping, it wasn’t constant flapping or annoying flapping. I left the strap ends just dangling loose, too; I know you can secure the strap ends a million different ways to reduce flapping, but it hasn’t bothered me enough to even really think about that project. Mostly what I do is just around town and there’s no flapping to report there at all.
Mahalo for the great review! Ya the Bimini for me will me a must once I move from cloudy Michigan to sunny Hawai'i. I plan on just leaving the top off most of the time. I am hoping other aftermarket manufactures besides Bestop develop soft tops for the 2-door Bronco.
Sponsored