First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL. Land Rover Discovery Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Hmm, a few thoughts. Simplest explination: Is it possible that a clamshell for a 4 door was put on his 2 door? They should be exactly the same except for the extra bracket.
There may also be some confusion as the Wrangler 2 door hardtop secures at the top- same as the 4 door.
From a design perspective, it seems silly not to have the 2 door secure at the top as well. It's not like the Jeep where the 4 door hardtop is different from the 2 door - though both secure in exactly the same fasion. With the mid panel on the bronco 4 door, I always assumed the clamshell would be identical on both for symplicities sake...
Sponsored

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hmm, a few thoughts. Simplest explination: Is it possible that a clamshell for a 4 door was put on his 2 door? They should be exactly the same except for the extra bracket.
There may also be some confusion as the Wrangler 2 door hardtop secures at the top- same as the 4 door.
From a design perspective, it seems silly not to have the 2 door secure at the top as well. It's not like the Jeep where the 4 door hardtop is different from the 2 door - though both secure in exactly the same fasion. With the mid panel on the bronco 4 door, I always assumed the clamshell would be identical on both for symplicities sake...
Don't think they are the same. To start with the 4 door MIC has two Roof Rack mounting points per side and the side glass looks longer on the 2 door. Also the bracket on the OP's doesn't come close to meeting the "roll bar " rail.

termin8

Outer Banks
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ford edge
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My 2 door also does not have that bracket. The popping noise heard by others when driving for me is only on the drivers side roof panel and only happens once in awhile, thats a tough one to solve taking to the dealer or trying to solve yourself

IMG_5861.JPG

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
My 2 door also does not have that bracket. The popping noise heard by others when driving for me is only on the drivers side roof panel and only happens once in awhile, thats a tough one to solve taking to the dealer or trying to solve yourself

Ford Bronco MIC top installed incorrectly by factory (front bracket mounted on top screw rather than through it) IMG_5861.JPG
Interior looks good !

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

They are not the same.

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

BronchoPeat

Base
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.evergreenclothier.com
Vehicle(s)
'18 Tiguan S w/4motion | '14 Fiesta SE Hatchback
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

2 door BaseSquatch and I have the bracket and the notch in the clamshell rubber. I think I replied earlier to confirm. What do you think I should do on the re-install? Remove the bracket? I wasn’t using it anyways because it was not secured to the mounting point on the vehicle.

Ford Bronco MIC top installed incorrectly by factory (front bracket mounted on top screw rather than through it) 37A098F7-6BE1-4F55-A2B5-63ACE78BD1F2

Ford Bronco MIC top installed incorrectly by factory (front bracket mounted on top screw rather than through it) 7A88324F-18B3-4B35-80E1-4CBAA31A2903

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My 2 door also does not have that bracket.
2 door BaseSquatch and I have the bracket
If there is inconsistency (proven) in the bracket assembly, perhaps there is further inconsistency in the seals and other waterproofing components. Using 2-door components (or vise versa) on the wrong top might be a factor in the leaking being reported?

OP
OP

95Bravo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
This is crazy. So some 2-door, hard-top owners have no bracket and some have it. Doesn't make sense. Maybe its a result of the Webasto shit-storm! :LOL:

2 door BaseSquatch and I have the bracket and the notch in the clamshell rubber. I think I replied earlier to confirm. What do you think I should do on the re-install? Remove the bracket? I wasn’t using it anyways because it was not secured to the mounting point on the vehicle
@BronchoPeat - you said it was not secured to the mounting point - was it resting on top of the screwhead like mine? Was there no screw?

I re-installed mine and the bracket aligns perfectly AND the bottom edge of the MIC top that runs along the fender moved down 1/2" or so (due to the bracket being under the screw head).

Also, @BronchoPeat - looks like you built a nice homemade storage rack for your top. Can you share pics?

BronchoPeat

Base
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.evergreenclothier.com
Vehicle(s)
'18 Tiguan S w/4motion | '14 Fiesta SE Hatchback
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This is crazy. So some 2-door, hard-top owners have no bracket and some have it. Doesn't make sense. Maybe its a result of the Webasto shit-storm! :LOL:

@BronchoPeat - you said it was not secured to the mounting point - was it resting on top of the screwhead like mine? Was there no screw?

I re-installed mine and the bracket aligns perfectly AND the bottom edge of the MIC top that runs along the fender moved down 1/2" or so (due to the bracket being under the screw head).

Also, @BronchoPeat - looks like you built a nice homemade storage rack for your top. Can you share pics?
That's correct, it was just resting on top of that 3rd screw on the bracket, just like yours.

That's good to know that the clamshell can fit with the bracket in question secured with that screw. Have you road-tested it for squeaks, rattles, and creaks? I wonder if there is any difference in road noise but it's probably marginal if improved at all.

I spent a weekend building that rack. Designed it to fit the front row panels and doors together in the slot with very little movement so nothing gets scuffed and the clamshell rests on top with a loose ratchet strap as a safety precaution so it doesn't flip since the tailgate glass side is heavier. It seems quite balance though and I probably don't need the strap.

Ford Bronco MIC top installed incorrectly by factory (front bracket mounted on top screw rather than through it) tempImageDW1r2L

Ford Bronco MIC top installed incorrectly by factory (front bracket mounted on top screw rather than through it) tempImagedlF9Hm

Ford Bronco MIC top installed incorrectly by factory (front bracket mounted on top screw rather than through it) tempImagedhvv7H

Ford Bronco MIC top installed incorrectly by factory (front bracket mounted on top screw rather than through it) tempImagewCoUtP

Sponsored

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
the clamshell rests on top with a loose ratchet strap
I like that you did not support the clamshell by hanging straps. There is a lot going on with front and back gaskets.
Regarding the top bracket, was your clamshell also not seated properly on the fender flange ?

Phil

Raptor
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3 LR
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
2 door BaseSquatch and I have the bracket and the notch in the clamshell rubber. I think I replied earlier to confirm. What do you think I should do on the re-install? Remove the bracket? I wasn’t using it anyways because it was not secured to the mounting point on the vehicle.

Ford Bronco MIC top installed incorrectly by factory (front bracket mounted on top screw rather than through it) tempImagewCoUtP

yes you should use it when you put the top back on you just need to unscrew the correct bolt and use it to bolt the top in

Blue's B6G

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco OB 2-Door V6 Sasquatch AMB High Pack
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Love the rack but my garage is already crammed, so had to go up with it on a hoist. Jeeps have been storing tops on the hoist I’m using for decades, so I’m not too worried about the gaskets so long as the flexible edge is avoided.

Regarding the extra bracket, I’d def use it if I had one, why not?
Sponsored