First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150, Pontiac Trans Am
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So as someone who took delivery of their Bronco with the MIC 1.0 top I am curious how many have received the 2.0 replacement top already. I received the initial recall letter informing me that the dealer would be contacting me when my top was in but that's it so far. Have not heard a thing about it and my dealer doesn't seem to know anything about it either with regards to an ETA. TBH the service dept. didn't even know that the top was recalled and I would be getting a new one so them not knowing anything about it is not a surprise.
Sponsored

NewBroncoOwner

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You have to call your local dealer about this recall. Have the Bulletin number and VIN handy. My local dealer had no idea of the recall because I bought my Bronco in CA, Since the Great Falls, MT dealer doesn't have any to sell. Also be patient with the service department, its not their fault at the dealership. Clarify that ALL panels will be replaced not just the rear.

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
There is a second letter going out stating to call your dealer. It’s been posted by others. My guess is they are sending them in batches. The letter explains the process and is specific to your VIN.

Hossfire

Wildtrak
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

There is a second letter going out stating to call your dealer. It’s been posted by others. My guess is they are sending them in batches. The letter explains the process and is specific to your VIN.
I'm curious: are they replacing the removable sections or the bolted on rear as well? Some have reported 1.0 rear sections have been left on.

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm curious: are they replacing the removable sections or the bolted on rear as well? Some have reported 1.0 rear sections have been left on.
So my letter stated all of the MIC is being replaced. New side glass and reusing the rear glass.
I think most of the complaints are about the edges on the rear clamshell

Sponsored

bloominguez

Black Diamond
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Br BD, '22 5BW, '95 Integra, '94 VFR, '04 SV
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This feels like an ideal situation, to be honest. You have a Bronco already. And you'll get a top *later*, when hopefully they've figured out how to build them. Free replacement of what shouldn't be--but is turning out to be--a wear item.

OP
OP

brian_ssm

Outer Banks
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150, Pontiac Trans Am
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
got my MIC2.0 finally and it is worse looking then the 1.0! The dealer already ordered me a replacement as this one had rough edges and scrapes all over it. How Ford let this go after the initial fiasco with the tops is beyond me. Zero quality control I guess.
Sponsored