Kygolfer

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
These were always my favorite tire just a little pricey.

AMTRV

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands 4dr, 22 6.7L Tremor, 1940 Ford Cpe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yep, great tires. Good off-road in all but mud. Iā€™d love to have a set on my Badlands for traveling.
Iā€˜ve known some serious overlanders over the years that use these exclusively.
They certainly donā€™t look very sexy though šŸ˜‰

Duke460

Outer Banks
First Name
Earle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Use them on all my trucks. Quiet on the highway and good in snow.

Sponsored

2020FordRaptor

Wildtrak
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
To All,
the BF stock were a bit loud for my "better half"...

So went with LT 285/70/17

Michelin Defender, LTX M/S

and hopefully "my dinner will always be in oven WRAM".

Ford Bronco Michelin Defender Tires installed!!! tempImagesaqoy6
Well I don't want to attack, but if the K02s were to loud for your better half, why did you buy a Bronco. In my opinion, no A/T on a Bronco is like putting A/T on a Mustang.

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Well I don't want to attack, but if the K02s were to loud for your better half, why did you buy a Bronco. In my opinion, no A/T on a Bronco is like putting A/T on a Mustang.
Why the criticism? Looks to me like he made an Outer Banks! Canā€™t knock OP for putting street worthy tires and a street driven vehicle when there are Raptors that donā€™t make it past the farmers market. Everyone can do whatever the hell they want IMO.

Congrats to OP for finding peace in his home šŸ˜‚

RHeinz

Badlands
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Willys CJ3A, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I went through two sets of Michelin Cross Terrain Radials on a 2000 Ford Expedition. Both sets went over 100,000 miles each!

Deleted member 32220

To All,
the BF stock were a bit loud for my "better half"...

So went with LT 285/70/17

Michelin Defender, LTX M/S

and hopefully "my dinner will always be in oven WRAM".

tempImagesaqoy6.jpg
All rightā€¦ I see your doing something different hereā€¦ I canā€™t judge you, I would definitely take the hot dinner, rather than the KO2ā€™sšŸ‘

Dingbat

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars, bikes, canoes, sailboatsā€¦
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yes please!

Ford Bronco Michelin Defender Tires installed!!! DD5EF72C-8028-4A90-986F-8CDEFD7D8BB1

Iā€™m finding the Bronco to be fairly capable even with the Bridgestones that come on the Base. I can get up and down my back drive in the wet no problem. This little slope has moss, leaves, grass, and a 90* kink at the bottom with a sudden camber change. It may not look like much in the photo but it has caused a Nissan Frontier to have to take a couple runs at it and a Chevy Avalanche needed a come along and a static line to make it up in similar conditions to the photo below. Both had much more aggressive A/T tires. I bet that thing will go all sorts of places with those Michelins on it.

Ford Bronco Michelin Defender Tires installed!!! 83F21AF5-EF5C-4853-96D1-94873605075B

Usually in these conditions you creep down as far as you can then let off and steer through the jog at the bottom when it breaks free, hoping you can turn enough to miss the bank that is behind the vantage point of the photo. The Bronco I was able to stop where youā€™d normally be breaking free, get out and snap a photo. This was after 2-1/2 days of rain from the fringes of Ian.

We slid a Winnebago down this into the bank onceā€¦
It was much drier when we drove it up. šŸ˜‚

Sponsored

reigny

Outer Banks
First Name
Karen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ninja 650, 2003 Honda Shadow Ace
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

This is a weird thread for me. I feel like I did the opposite going to KO2 on my OBX. I was really excited to see your Bronco based on the excitement in the title.

Part of the fun of my Bronco is screaming at each other with the doors off, top down and sexy loud tires. Itā€™s a loud truck and should be.

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think most people would be very surprised at the performance of the Michelin's off road (other than mud, as others mention). I used a very similar, prior version on my dodge PU and they were truly amazing and wore to over 80K miles. They definitely do not have the visual appeal of the BFG KO2s or similar ATs. Similar to the V8 "argument", I like the look of an A/T or even a M/T, love the sound of a v8, but in terms of actual performance, there may be areas of operation or personal preferences where another option may be best ;)

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did road trips on K02s and Ridge Grapplers and neither seem that loud. The top is louder at highway speed than the tires. Iā€™ll stick with A/T tires rather than passenger all seasons.

Deleted member 32220

Did road trips on K02s and Ridge Grapplers and neither seem that loud. The top is louder at highway speed than the tires. Iā€™ll stick with A/T tires rather than passenger all seasons.
To be clear he doesnā€™t have ā€œPā€ tires, They are ā€œLTā€ light truck tiresā€¦more plies than a passenger tire.

BossMann

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Best on-road truck tires ever made, period.
Sponsored

Reactions: abe