Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Ram Rebel. Previously 2 wranglers and 4 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

7spd isn't on the deadly 6/7 list as far as I know.
That’s what I thought, what we’ve been told all along, so know why is this just getting thrown out there?
Sponsored

shoelessjoe

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That’s what I thought, what we’ve been told all along, so know why is this just getting thrown out there?
I think that individual might be misinformed.

OP
OP
Gr8Hortoni

Gr8Hortoni

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I hope so. But it sounded like multiple people at that event knew it as common knowledge. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Burndog

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

From Dearborn Heights, ordered a 4dr Black Diamond in A51 from Bill Brown. Made my reservation within 10min of the web launch and don't have any of the high demand options, so I'm hoping to get one in June.
I'm in Dearborn and will give ya a wave from my 2dr Rapid Red BL.
Shoot me an IM and can meet up at some point. It might be a minute as I was an idiot and waited till 7/16. Village said I'm 'on the line' so hoping those FEs ahead of me drop out or wait till 22.

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

From Dearborn Heights, ordered a 4dr Black Diamond in
I hope so. But it sounded like multiple people at that event knew it as common knowledge. 🤷🏼‍♂️
I don’t think the folks at the Bronco events have any inside info. I talked to all three at the event I went to. Nice, seemed genuinely interested in the Bronco, but I don’t think they were Ford employees. There was one of the dealer salesmen that had worked at Ford prior, who had more knowledge. No mention of 7sp issues, but I didn’t hear any questions on it either.

Sponsored

Burndog

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don’t think the folks at the Bronco events have any inside info. I talked to all three at the event I went to. Nice, seemed genuinely interested in the Bronco, but I don’t think they were Ford employees. There was one of the dealer salesmen that had worked at Ford prior, who had more knowledge. No mention of 7sp issues, but I didn’t hear any questions on it either.
If the manual was going to delay there would be chaos on the forum. I think the guy was mistaken or maybe thought you wanted the manual with the 2.7.

ProdigyJKU

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Has anyone else heard the 7spds will be delayed? @ProdigyJKU is the first person anywhere that I’ve heard this from.
I wish they made some engineers available that actually knew something. I've been to similar Jeep and Toyota events and they had engineers at both. I talked to Mike Swears for almost an hour at one. These brand reps are just memorizing talking points anyone can find online, or making things up on the spot so they seem like they know what they're talking About. My sister in law is actually a brand manager for Acura. Master's in communications, smart girl, but couldn't care less about the product or any cars in general.
I think that individual might be misinformed.
I'm assuming the traveling reps just read the headlines on the memos and not the actual details of them. So I'm hoping the just saw the Mansquatch delay and assumed it meant all 7sp builds. Like they did with believing the headliner would automatically be added to every Build.

The MAP event last year was much nicer IMO. There were a couple engineers there who seemed genuinely interested in discussing the vehicle.

Met my salesman in person for the first time. When I asked it adding the free headliner might prolong my Bronco, he said that he doubts Ford would offer it for free unless they had a massive surplus of them. Said he was going to add it to my order. He seemed pretty knowledgable about the Bronco, and said he hasn't heard anything about the non-sas 7sp being a limited commodity.

ProdigyJKU

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
On another note, saw a Bronco Sport in Dearborn today with a raised roof covered in manufacturer camouflage, which is odd since they have been out for a while. I suspect they might be offering a removable roof on them.

rgalvinmi

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 2 Door, 2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hello from Manchester. Home of the "World Famous" Chicken Broil

manchester_chicken_broil_010-b68190dd5056a36_b681925b-5056-a36a-0658682707c0c410.jpg
I consulted in 1999 in Manchester at Collins Aikman, as a business unit mgr for a year. Nice area. I stayed in AA though.

gamma_j

Black Diamond
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Kalamazoo area here. I haven't ever been wheeling as anything but a passenger. This BD will be my first 4x4. Would love to meet up and run some trails with someone who knows what they're doing. Planning on some Silver Lake trips and a trip to Drummond as my cousins have a place up there. Would love to learn what I can do closer to home though!

Sponsored
OP
OP
Gr8Hortoni

Gr8Hortoni

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Kalamazoo area here. I haven't ever been wheeling as anything but a passenger. This BD will be my first 4x4. Would love to meet up and run some trails with someone who knows what they're doing. Planning on some Silver Lake trips and a trip to Drummond as my cousins have a place up there. Would love to learn what I can do closer to home though!
not much that’s legal on the south end. Allegan woods is pretty much it. I just went out yesterday and put 40 miles on the trails. Feel free to drop me a line once you get it, I’m about hour and a half north of you, but we’ll worth the drive for the amount of area we have to wheel. (I live about 20 minutes S of SLSD).
Once I take delivery of mine this summer, I’ll probably throw together a couple trail rides for those on the west side (or those that are willing to make the drive). I get that there are some here that have limited or no experience in the off Roading department, I’m not claiming to be an expert but I have done it long enough to share knowledge and help others learn.

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

not much that’s legal on the south end. Allegan woods is pretty much it. I just went out yesterday and put 40 miles on the trails. Feel free to drop me a line once you get it, I’m about hour and a half north of you, but we’ll worth the drive for the amount of area we have to wheel. (I live about 20 minutes S of SLSD).
Once I take delivery of mine this summer, I’ll probably throw together a couple trail rides for those on the west side (or those that are willing to make the drive). I get that there are some here that have limited or no experience in the off Roading department, I’m not claiming to be an expert but I have done it long enough to share knowledge and help others learn.
I am sure you will get some takers from the Bronco fold! West side has better trails in general, depending on schedules I will be down for some West Coast rides. I am looking forward to people getting together at Holly Oaks in SE MI at some point too. NE side is generally less populated, but I will try and or gaze some rides our way too. Once winter sets in, the two tracks all become good winter trails, since it’s usually drier, they are still passable for much of the winter when the West side is buried. I am definitely down for a Drummond trip too!

OP
OP
Gr8Hortoni

Gr8Hortoni

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

There’s actually quite a bit state wide once you get north of the thumb.

CDN Jen

Badlands
First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, 2021 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey guys, I just drove by the MAP and there are about 20 Broncos out in the yard (behind a chain link fence). It’s happening!!!

CDN Jen

Badlands
First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, 2021 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just saw soooo many Broncos driving around Dearborn! Pretty much one of every color and trim (except FE). When it rains it pours!
Ford Bronco Michigan Roll Call C0164A06-9130-4008-A331-876B67A98BE2
Sponsored