First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Almost back together here. Leaving bumper and arb skids off for moment until i finish untweaking the trans cooler and bit more research for new recovery points and winch tray.

There is about 17-1/2" clear between the passenger side 90° elbow flange and end tank on driver side (no flange). Eyeing a couple short drum 9k winches that would squeeze in there and put the pull point right between the horns (and behind them/inside bumper/high and tight).

Cue winch advice if anyone wants to talk me out of a short drum (50ft of line). Also carry 30ft rope and 20ft strap.

I have FP tune. Driving impressions are probably biased but kit did seem like it woke up sport mode a bit more past the tune. Read inlet pressures drop but still nearly touched 20psi on short road test...anyone know what factory wastegate setting is?

Received in 2 days (they have hub in Sparks just north of Vegas). Kit is superbly well-designed, built, and finished. Bracketing is particularly elegant. Packaging was excellent with no powder coating blemishes. Instructions are the best I've seen for automotive aftermarket.

MINOR TIPS:

My install was on 2.7l, no acc or camera items to deal with as they are not equipped, nor do i have any of the (forthcoming) Mishimoto piping upgrades.

1. White tree clip with the weak loom tab on the ic shutter harness does not get reused so don't sweat it if you break it when removing from shutter

2. Pull the metal reinforcement out of the isolator bushings before trying to fit them thru the holes on the upper ic mounting tabs

3. Once lower oem (aluminum) support is bolted back in and ic is fully mounted, you can close up ic elbow and oem hose connections. It was windy today and leaving it open until toward the end of instructions with the dusty air we have was not great. Remaining small brackets and braces can be made after you close filtered airway.

4. Rotate hose clamps so studs are up in framing/out of the way of any future winch in-between or a hard bottom-out underneath (never again 😉).

5. Don't forget to plug headlights back in when you reinstall for last time. I missed the left one but was just able to cram my hand back there with the lower fascia still off.
20230402_175009.jpg
20230402_174951.jpg
20230402_174932.jpg
20230402_172436.jpg
20230402_150500.jpg
20230402_132506.jpg
20230401_131032.jpg
20230401_120130.jpg
20230331_182159.jpg
20230401_102432.jpg
20230402_112554.jpg
Sponsored

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Almost back together here. Leaving bumper and arb skids off for moment until i finish untweaking the trans cooler and bit more research for new recovery points and winch tray.

There is about 17-1/2" clear between the passenger side 90° elbow flange and end tank on driver side (no flange). Eyeing a couple short drum 9k winches that would squeeze in there and put the pull point right between the horns (and behind them/inside bumper/high and tight).

Cue winch advice if anyone wants to talk me out of a short drum (50ft of line). Also carry 30ft rope and 20ft strap.

I have FP tune. Driving impressions are probably biased but kit did seem like it woke up sport mode a bit more past the tune. Read inlet pressures drop but still nearly touched 20psi on short road test...anyone know what factory wastegate setting is?

Received in 2 days (they have hub in Sparks just north of Vegas). Kit is superbly well-designed, built, and finished. Bracketing is particularly elegant. Packaging was excellent with no powder coating blemishes. Instructions are the best I've seen for automotive aftermarket.

MINOR TIPS:

My install was on 2.7l, no acc or camera items to deal with as they are not equipped, nor do i have any of the (forthcoming) Mishimoto piping upgrades.

1. White tree clip with the weak loom tab on the ic shutter harness does not get reused so don't sweat it if you break it when removing from shutter

2. Pull the metal reinforcement out of the isolator bushings before trying to fit them thru the holes on the upper ic mounting tabs

3. Once lower oem (aluminum) support is bolted back in and ic is fully mounted, you can close up ic elbow and oem hose connections. It was windy today and leaving it open until toward the end of instructions with the dusty air we have was not great. Remaining small brackets and braces can be made after you close filtered airway.

4. Rotate hose clamps so studs are up in framing/out of the way of any future winch in-between or a hard bottom-out underneath (never again 😉).

5. Don't forget to plug headlights back in when you reinstall for last time. I missed the left one but was just able to cram my hand back there with the lower fascia still off.
20230402_175009.jpg
20230402_174951.jpg
20230402_174932.jpg
20230402_172436.jpg
20230402_150500.jpg
20230402_132506.jpg
20230401_131032.jpg
20230401_120130.jpg
20230331_182159.jpg
20230401_102432.jpg
20230402_112554.jpg

Mine is set to arrive Wed the 5th. 😁 I've read the directions a few times and had my bumper off to check out some clearances with the new setup and to check out some of the disassembly of the other bits.

Ford Bronco Mishimoto High Mount IC Installed IMG_0390.JPG

Nice write up. 🍻 Now back to review it some more. ;)

UTARD

Wildtrak
First Name
Rance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 1 raptor gen 6 Wildtrak bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Mine is set to arrive Wed the 5th. 😁 I've read the directions a few times and had my bumper off to check out some clearances with the new setup and to check out some of the disassembly of the other bits.

Ford Bronco Mishimoto High Mount IC Installed IMG_0390.JPG

Nice write up. 🍻 Now back to review it some more. ;)
Nice bumper who makes that?

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Mpatient1

Black Diamond
First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BD CO/MID, 2006 mustang pony package
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sponsored

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hey @Bronkers I only went back to the IC shutters (basically the front of the pads). So if I can just get a couple more inches back then up I will be good to go up a couple. Now seeing your pics of how far back the pipes are compared to the bumper pads, it might just make it. ;)

Ford Bronco Mishimoto High Mount IC Installed IMG_0386.JPG

Ford Bronco Mishimoto High Mount IC Installed IMG_0408.JPG

Last edited:

Aztec1382

Base
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Base
Sick

Brnzbronc

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base

MINOR TIPS:

Monitor your temps, pull up intake air temp and charge are temp. With cooler temps less boost is necessary. Charge pipe temps should be hovering around the same as intake temp. Cooler temps equals more fuel.. don’t be surprised if you Mpg goes down..

cyberfalco

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 JK, 2000 Ram 2500, 1993 FZJ80, 1994 FZJ80
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is awesome! Now I really see why you would want to replace the OEM intercooler. Thank you.

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This is awesome! Now I really see why you would want to replace the OEM intercooler. Thank you.

It is hard to describe in words. Pics do a much better job.

Sponsored

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It looks to me like if you were to incorporate the soon to be made Lobo hidden winch mount along with this, you could locate the fairlead much higher in a more usable location, with way more clearance. It would probably be better than the way they fabbed up the 4600 Bronco winches. It might take some shopping around to find a high clearance bumper to make full use of the space this frees up.

How much extra capacity does the IC have over stock?

Lèòn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Pimptastic @Bronkers.

Curious, how long did it take to install btw? Part of the reason I stuck with low mount for my 2.3 was install time, other is 'cause I'm lazy about returning it and also shop next door can hopefully get to the pipes this week

Techun

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD, 2.7, MIC, 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
A 9k winch sounds pretty light, I guess it depends how you'll use it.

Any winch you can buy won't be able to pull it's rated load, so with a 9k you're going to hope you can always take a lot of line off of it and you're not too mired.

Bronkey

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Was giving this a serious look until I saw at the bottom of the page:

Please note: Adaptive cruise control may function to a lesser degree compared to stock interooler setup.

35tires

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco, '21 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
Does this affect the radiator's ability to do it's job? I love the idea because I need a winch but I don't want to take from one to give to another if that makes sense.
Sponsored