Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUR RON
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I don’t like that they monetize our data for 3rd parties but they do provide a useful free product (remote start, unlock/lock, vehicle status, and more from phone) in return. Just have to decide if the exchange is worth it. I’d rather pay for the app to be high quality and not give my data away but that isn’t an option unfortunately.
Nothing is free, when an insurance company can buy this data from Ford and your premium goes up, who ends up paying? We are always on the losing end no matter how they spin it.
Sponsored

OP
OP
jalawson

jalawson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Bronco, ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't know about you, but I purchased my Bronco... This product wasn't free. It was part of my purchase decision.
I mean I’m sure you can understand that there is an ongoing cost to maintaining an up to date mobile app. You can no longer just release a piece of software and then forget about it. Also, it costs money to maintain the infrastructure to allow the interaction between our phones and the vehicles remotely.

OP
OP
jalawson

jalawson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Bronco, ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nothing is free, when an insurance company can buy this data from Ford and your premium goes up, who ends up paying? We are always on the losing end no matter how they spin it.
For sure. Hell now insurance companies are collecting their own data with “safe driver” apps.

OP
OP
jalawson

jalawson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Bronco, ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just watched the BN video with the Bronco Brand Manager. His statement was “it is stil in production” and they “don’t have a release date” at this time. This was in response to a question about the last update saying that the most recent info was it would be released in 2022.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

If its anything like the rest of their IT development and end user experience, you will not want it.

Sponsored

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

For sure. Hell now insurance companies are collecting their own data with “safe driver” apps.
Since I track my car and live on Tail of the Dragon, I always wanted to install one and give it a whirl :ROFLMAO:

Jdyount

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I always appreciate some good satire in the morning. That was too funny and on point with todays mentality! Class action lawsuit, classic.
I said it half jokingly but how is anyone supposed to hold a company like Ford accountable for something like this. I fully fully understand class action lawsuits are a joke and the ONLY party that really benefits are the lawyers, but again it's about accountability. They marketed this feature, they made money on that, we don't have the feature. They SHOULD be held accountable. Pretty simple.

It's not like the Mod tops that aren't available yet, no one has paid money for something they didn't get.

KyleQ

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
8 Broncos!
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I could care less about the maps, Andriod auto and Avenza or ONX will take care of that. I want the video recording with the throttle/brake pitch/yaw 4wd overlay stuff that was shown. I want to watch people go over obsticles through the camera systems - I was really looking forward to that.

Some of us wheel these things and want to share our expirence with others...

OP
OP
jalawson

jalawson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Bronco, ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I could care less about the maps, Andriod auto and Avenza or ONX will take care of that. I want the video recording with the throttle/brake pitch/yaw 4wd overlay stuff that was shown. I want to watch people go over obsticles through the camera systems - I was really looking forward to that.

Some of us wheel these things and want to share our expirence with others...
Same, I was excited for the ability to see how other people are approaching obstacles and trails. Seemed like an amazing tool for sharing.

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just throw it on the list with the other stuff @Ford Motor Company lied about delivering. They don’t care about the average working man. Just the money and sales. Just another sell out company like the rest.

Sponsored

GoTigersGoBronco

Badlands
First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Why would Ford fabricate the entire concept of an app to induce people to buy? If you think the company is that dishonest, why would you ever expect them to do anything.

I figure the Ford Performance lift kits, Ford Trail App, and Aftersales hard tops are on the same boat with my Honda air filters. It is very difficult to launch a new product normally and its even harder when the industry is going through an upheaval.

Pdshepherd

Wildtrak
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None. Wife's Kia is my part time wheels
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I been chasing this from time to time. Always get no where. Like others said there is rumor of some people testing it with a 2022 release date. Nothing beyond that.

Sand70

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Outer Banks Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You want to get Fords attention on this, just have enough Bronco owners uninstall the Ford Pass app. They mine our data with that app and sell it to god knows who. Take away that passive revenue stream and you'll get their attention. The only power we have is as consumers.

Rally want to kick them in the nuts, I read a while ago that there is a fuse to pull to disable the LTE modem, pull that and no data for Ford.
I can't connect to Ford Pass. My module for the modem is bad. Bronco was delivered 3 weeks ago. The service department ordered it and told me it would be here in a week. I was surprised because they are pushing out all the reserved Broncos out. It came in this week dropped off my Bronco yesterday they called back and said the part number on the website was wrong and it was the wrong module. They said they ordered it and don't know when it will come in. So as of right now I am not assimilated with the Borg.

Extremejojo

Wildtrak
First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So I just spent ~1 hours in chat with the Ford team and they eventually referred me to the FordPass team who told me that the FordPass app itself will receive an update this Friday 11/04 which will then allow the function that was promised back in Fall of 21. Take it with a grain of salt but maybe the time has finally come.

FstFrd00

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.gunsmithingtx.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 BD Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So I just spent ~1 hours in chat with the Ford team and they eventually referred me to the FordPass team who told me that the FordPass app itself will receive an update this Friday 11/04 which will then allow the function that was promised back in Fall of 21. Take it with a grain of salt but maybe the time has finally come.
I want to believe
Sponsored