Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Bronco, ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think it’s about time we start holding @Ford Motor Company accountable for the lack of updates on the trail map feature. Anybody else care to join me in tagging them in a comment and see if we can get a response?
Sponsored

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not enough of us are going off-road for them to put a comprehensive map together. Did you think they were actually going to pay another company to use a rebranded app? Probably another data skimming consultant's idea that hasn't played out yet or they haven't figured out if there's any liability for them or how much to charge for the subscription. LOL

FstFrd00

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.gunsmithingtx.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 BD Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Not enough of us are going off-road for them to put a comprehensive map together. Did you think they were actually going to pay another company to use a rebranded app? Probably another data skimming consultant's idea that hasn't played out yet or they haven't figured out if there's any liability for them or how much to charge for the subscription. LOL
this 100%
Ive been to a few OHV parks around DFW and North Texas but so has several Broncos, @Ford Motor Company is probably like "do something different..."

Sponsored

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

lol ... they're not gonna reply, they only reply to "happy" customers who get their new Bronco, or when there's a problem so they can get you to PM the VIN. Maybe we should all spam their inbox with our VIN and favorite dealer and tell them we're missing the app. I mean if they can push Alexa to us when we don't want it, why can't we get an app we actually do want?

OP
OP
jalawson

jalawson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Bronco, ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It'll definitely be using another company's data and be for them to collect info on how people use their Bronco's off-road and hopefully they'll make it a quality app to entice people to use it. The demo footage released so far looked very promising. I'm honestly ok with trading that info for a quality app. Also, it's ability to create social content for sharing is probably a driving force for them as well.

My guess is the decision to switch from their own vehicle OS to using Android (which is a terrible decision in my opinion) has put a hiccup in it's development.

OP
OP
jalawson

jalawson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Bronco, ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

One of the admins on bronco nation was saying they had a test version of it installed. I'll see if I can ping that thread too.
If you find a link that would be awesome!

Sponsored

Jdyount

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This was an advertised feature for the Bronco, they sold Bronco's based on having this. They HAVE to release something PERIOD.

The other thing is this is an app, you can't blame Covid for anything here. Developers can write code from home. I really don't understand how they could string this out for like 18 months now. 100% lack of Ford allocating resources to get the promised feature released.

Get off your ass @Ford Motor Company and get this released. At some point there's probably going to be a class action for false advertising about this.........

shieldsy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think it’s about time we start holding @Ford Motor Company accountable for the lack of updates on the trail map feature. Anybody else care to join me in tagging them in a comment and see if we can get a response?
Ford has learned that nobody holds them accountable. They are free to say or announce anything in the interest of marketing and then conveniently ignore it.

They feel they have no obligation to revisit past promises and provide updates or explanations. This is just one of many, many examples.

Stockholders meetings, journalists, their own integrity. Nothing provides an effective check and balance for them.

Tagging their Intern bot into threads like this always make me laugh. The marketing team intern is collecting VINs of those members with issues. This is NOT being done to help, it’s for collecting analytics.

Ford is not currently organized in a way that best serves the end customer. Having the powerful, marketing team create ‘shadow processes’ like the 1800marketing team phone number, executives like Levine fielding issues on twitter and our friendly marketing intern bots collecting analytics is NO way to run a Fortune 100 company.

66Fan

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

On today's episode of @flip speaks the truth...

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sadly I forgot all about this feature! Would love it if it existed.

they also need to offer flashes to unlock GOAT modes through Ford Performance

shieldsy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs