MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
I never saw it as a good deal. Over a 20% increase in price. It was over 7 grand option on a $30k vehicle.

Bought mine at $30.5k delivered (added Aux and $295 paint color). At current prices of over $40k I'd have bought another Mustang instead.
I guess it's a matter of perspective. I live in rural MN, I'd never buy a rig with open diffs. My Base Sas priced pretty much the same as a BB with a rear locker. So, I lose out on $400 worth of tint and a leather steering wheel, to gain ADV 4wd, lockers, upgraded axles, gearing, shocks/lift, tires etc., for around $5600(?), that to me was a bargain. I'm guessing that $7k you mentioned included the auto(?), if not I'm miss remembering the cost of the SAS.
Sponsored

UncleRod

Base
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
2nd day res.. 2021 delivered 1/21.​
31,820 (msrp & shipping) after automatic (wife can’t drive manual), mats & keypad.​
Really wish I would’ve ordered the AUX!​
They threw in about 1500 in accessories.​
(Bimini, console safe, swing gate Molle, bump step). I feel lucky compared to what my friends were forced to pay.
Ford Bronco Missing the $29k base IMG_9245

st3v

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Base SAS
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I never saw it as a good deal. Over a 20% increase in price. It was over 7 grand option on a $30k vehicle.

Bought mine at $30.5k delivered (added Aux and $295 paint color). At current prices of over $40k I'd have bought another Mustang instead.
Totally worth the SAS upcharge to me for my Base. 35" wheels, front and rear lockers, Bilstein shocks and lift, all factory Ford-engineered and warrantied. Also, SAS+Manual gives me a maximum crawl ratio of 94.75:1.

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I guess it's a matter of perspective. I live in rural MN, I'd never buy a rig with open diffs. My Base Sas priced pretty much the same as a BB with a rear locker. So, I lose out on $400 worth of tint and a leather steering wheel, to gain ADV 4wd, lockers, upgraded axles, gearing, shocks/lift, tires etc., for around $5600(?), that to me was a bargain. I'm guessing that $7k you mentioned included the auto(?), if not I'm miss remembering the cost of the SAS.
SAS was $5k. Was mandatory to get the advanced 4x4 so that is where the extra comes from, $2390 on a 2dr, $795 on a 4 dr. To each his own but I think it's worth it.

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
My 17 year old son would kill for the chance at the $29k base model that was offered at release. Sad to see Ford has done away with the base and increased the price on everything in the process. Entry point for Bronco is now $42k after delivery.
Everything has gone up, but yeah I'm glad I got my base when I did.

Sponsored

buckhorn_cortez

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, SHO, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So you think it's the UAW fault prices are high? Ford been pumping up prices for the past 3 years dramatically. Pocketing big money.
He didn't say the UAW is at fault. He alluded to the idea that the prices are only going to go higher because the labor cost will be going up. Ford has been increasing prices in reaction to increased materials costs. If you have noticed, the price of eggs has gone up and the chickens are getting paid the same...

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
So you think it's the UAW fault prices are high? Ford been pumping up prices for the past 3 years dramatically. Pocketing big money.
"Pocketing the Money", yeah right. Everything has and is gong up in case you haven't noticed! Bottom line Ford (and GM and Chrysler) has to compete with Toyota, Honda, KIA, all have a better reputation for quality and reliability than Ford. Ford recently announced it is stopping construction on a Michigan battery plant to review if it can be competitive. A win for the UAW, yeah maybe for the union bosses with their golden parachutes.

toymaster

Badlands
First Name
Leonardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I ended up paying $26K for my Base (Granger) and threw on some Badlands takeoffs. For a little over $27K I have a vehicle that is visually identical to a $60K Bronco and can take me to 99 percent of the places that $60K Bronco can go.

RIP the Base. Best deal on a Bronco ever.
Maybe in the looks dept, not the performance dept. Gear ratio, larger differential, lockers, and sway bar disconnect.

CMillBronco

Base
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GMC HD 3500 AT4, 2022 Toyota Tacoma TRD
Your Bronco Model
Base
I was able to get my base with Auto and Aux switches for $32,230 (MSRP $35430 2/23)
Ford Bronco Missing the $29k base Bronco
with price protection. For the OP yes this is a great deal for a 17 year old which is why we changed our build to a base. Now with all the mods I think we're all in for under $36k and my 16 yr old son learned how to do each mod!

Owl

Base
First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White Wrangler JK, White Bronco Base 2Dr
Your Bronco Model
Base
Glad I got my October 2022 2Dr Base when I did. Kind of wished I would have got the SAS package, but I got the auto, V6, aux-switches, and floor for $35465.

Put on some pristine OBX wheels/tires for $300 (if you count the steelies sale) so I'm at $35,765.

No SAS, but I like the 23-24 MPG, and I guess that's fine since I'll probably never go off-road except to the "Rodeo" which I'm doing in November.

Sponsored

nc-hiker

Black Diamond
First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid, 2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My 17 year old son would kill for the chance at the $29k base model that was offered at release. Sad to see Ford has done away with the base and increased the price on everything in the process. Entry point for Bronco is now $42k after delivery.
And for 42k you get manual air conditioning, plastic bumpers, no carpeting, 31 inch tires, and a fabric top that's basically throwaway. I understand for 2024 they've managed to install a subwoofer, which is a good thing because my 22's sound system is garbage.

nc-hiker

Black Diamond
First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I was able to get my base with Auto and Aux switches for $32,230 (MSRP $35430 2/23)
Ford Bronco Missing the $29k base Bronco
with price protection. For the OP yes this is a great deal for a 17 year old which is why we changed our build to a base. Now with all the mods I think we're all in for under $36k and my 16 yr old son learned how to do each mod!
There's no such thing as an MSRP on a used vehicle.

nc-hiker

Black Diamond
First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

With Grangers help, I got a 23 Base, SAS, Switches, keypad and rack. Sticker was 43,600, got it for 36,100. Thank You Zack and Albert. Ford made me wait 2 years, 8 months and 2 weeks from the reservation.
Almost 3 years wait is total insanity for a mass produced vehicle. You got screwed IMHO. It's great that they offered you price protection at least. I ordered in early 2022 and took delivery 6 months later while your Bronco sat on some lot somewhere.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
It was a better deal when teased at 5k. At 7k I think it's fair, nothing amazing. You'll spend about that paying for a regear, lockers, and nice tires/wheels, or a good bit less if you do the work yourself and get cheaper wheels/tires.
4.46 gears are fine, especially since you have the low crawl gear available.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm guessing that $7k you mentioned included the auto(?), if not I'm miss remembering the cost of the SAS.
Yeah, Ford made you pay the $1600 for the auto you weren't getting. So, if you actually wanted an auto for some reason, SAS was a better deal.

If I wanted an auto, I'd have kept the damn Expedition.
Sponsored