Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
LOL.

I stand by my comment about 99 percent of performance.

Gear ratio? Find me a trail that I could have completed with 4.7 gears, but is impossible with 4.46 gears.

Larger differential? Find me a trail that I could have completed with a Dana 44, but is impossible with a Dana 35.

Lockers? Yeah, OK, I don’t have lockers. So I can’t do 1 percent of the trails. Big deal. Easily upgradable. On my 5G Bronco I put in a Detroit Locker in the rear and a TrueTrac in the front. This isn’t my first rodeo.

Sway bar disconnect? This one is hilarious. 3 minutes with basic hand tools and my sway bar is disconnected. Also sway bar disconnect is not part of Sasquatch.

Look, I’m not saying Sasquatch is bad, or not worth it. We all have Bronco’s we can be proud of. I certainly love mine and I have zero FOMO about not buying a higher trim.

This thread is about inexpensive $29K Bronco’s, I’ve got one and I love it. If I move to Moab or something, I will throw in a Dana 60 and the Advantek FDU, lockers, 5.38 gears, and have an insanely capable Bronco, and still be under $40K. But I don’t need that so I’ll keep it stock for now.
BINGO, you nailed this one dude!
Sponsored

climb2descend

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15'F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Base buyer here, super happy with my purchase. I only optioned for aux and mod bumper. Yah sometimes I wish I just ponied up and got the squatch, but once it turned from 5k to 7k it went over the threshold for me. I personally didn't want 35s, I can barely lift a 33 onto my tailgate. No regrets on man trans either, I love the crawl gear, easiest MT to drive off-road. Whenever I get scratches and little dents I'm like oh well it's a 30k vehicle, no biggie.

I only wish I had a rear locker, for my wheeling I don't need a front locker. I bought badlands take off shocks for $500, so if I was to buy a whole new frp locking diff for 2k it's still quite a bit cheaper for my needs.

Last edited:

RimrockPaul

Base
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Base
My 17 year old son would kill for the chance at the $29k base model that was offered at release. Sad to see Ford has done away with the base and increased the price on everything in the process. Entry point for Bronco is now $42k after delivery.
My base was 28500 out the door. Wished I'd have bought 6 of them. Mine is great. Absolutely no problems.
Paul in AZ.

Dusty

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70, 71 & '21 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My base was 28500 out the door. Wished I'd have bought 6 of them. Mine is great. Absolutely no problems.
Paul in AZ.
A buddy of mine bought 3. All of them white, all Base-non-Squatch. Two 2-doors and a 4-door. He gave the 4-door to his dad, kept one of the 2-doors and sold the other one to a mutual friend down the street. One other neighbor bought a white Base after seeing mine. In total there are now 6 Oxford White Bases running around our little neighborhood including mine. All of them are 2-doors except the one he bought for his dad.

Sponsored

kylesredapple

Base
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
77 F150 4x4 SB, 16 f150, 15 powerstroke,94 Honda A
Your Bronco Model
Base
I paid MSRP for mine, I was a 1st day reserve. I actually reserved 2, the base and a wildtrack. I am so glad they built the base. After 2 years of Ford Kicking the can down the road on building my wildtrack, I got an email that said I either had to pay the new MSRP for a wildtrack, and that the dealer would add 5k markup since the reservation number would change (even though I have the email that the price I was quoted would not change)so I reluctantly cancelled my Wildtrack reservation. I paid about 32k after taxes and such for the base 2021 with some additional options. Manual Transmission, keypad, Auxillary light switch. I have 13k miles on it as of this week.
Ford Bronco Missing the $29k base 20230822_091856

BroncoDude

Base
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F-150 3.5EB, 2021 2DR Base 2.7L Auto
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

GPPBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Transit Connect; 1997 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Base non-Sas all the way. Mod bumper, auto, aux were my only options. Price protected after a long wait. Worth the low $30s price I paid. Would have hurt a little paying $40ish, not gonna lie. Once you’re into the $50s+ and straying from the “simple off-roader” end of the spectrum, those new Toyotas become more appealing.

Ford Bronco Missing the $29k base IMG_2912

Last edited:

Montana Bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Base non-Sas all the way. Mod bumper, auto, aux were my only options. Price protected after a long wait. Worth the low $30s price I paid. Would have hurt a little paying $40ish, not gonna lie. Once you’re into the $50s+ and straying from the “simple off-roader” end of the spectrum, those new Toyotas become more appealing.

Ford Bronco Missing the $29k base IMG_2912
This is what it’s all about right here. You have the best Bronco in this whole thread. It’s dirty. It’s simple. It’s being used. Not loaded up with cheap chinese GOTOS gear. I love it.

Sponsored

Blackcat

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD BRONCO BASE 2 DOOR M/T
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I've driven Ford products my entire life and even at what I paid for my Base ($31K), it was a total steal. Crazy how less than a year after I took delivery, the cheapest model is now almost $10K more than what I paid.

GPPBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Transit Connect; 1997 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This is what it’s all about right here. You have the best Bronco in this whole thread. It’s dirty. It’s simple. It’s being used. Not loaded up with cheap chinese GOTOS gear. I love it.
They clean up nicely too, as you know…

Ford Bronco Missing the $29k base IMG_2009

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Base Sas 2dr. $38,000 Just turned 20,000 trouble free miles, in nine months and three weeks.

IMG_4189.jpeg

IMG_1776 2.jpeg
Probably the direction I should have gone, but adaptive cruise control threw me up into the OBX. That's a really nice build.

MartyH

Base
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93,96 Mustang Cobras,FFR roadster+coupe,Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Base
Almost 3 years wait is total insanity for a mass produced vehicle. You got screwed IMHO. It's great that they offered you price protection at least. I ordered in early 2022 and took delivery 6 months later while your Bronco sat on some lot somewhere.
My Bronco wasn't built until March of 23, so no it was not sitting on a lot. Ford decided to make certain dealers wait. I blame the large dealers for making me wait so long. They pushed Ford to change the rules from reservation date to allotment. Most dealers got greedy and put ADM on them. I couldn't even get them to talk price before delivery. Granger locked in the price over the phone. I was told by Granger it was going to be a long wait.

BTW ,,,,,, I own 6 vehicles, all Fords or at least Ford drive train, 2 Mustang Cobras, 2 Factory Five Shelby replicas, an 02 Ford Ranger 4x4 and the Bronco. I didn't need the Bronco, I wanted the Bronco. A 23 2 DOOR ManSAS with switches, number pad and roof rack. It was worth the wait.

Imaginary Friend

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and a Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Great thread. Since I wanted a base 2-door with cloth seats but couldn't order it for months on end, I'm totally boned now.

It's like Ford thinks it's building luxury-level vehicles now or something with their pricing. :ROFLMAO:
Sponsored