Sponsored

Mod Bumper causing over 1/2” reduction in ride height??? 3 Broncos compared.

mcdoogs

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 Ford Focus ST, 21 Mercedes Benz E350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
i know it doesn’t sound like a lot but all 3 of us noticed it immediately when walking up to them parked side by side. Visible from a distance at least when next to each other.
Is the ground perfectly level? Did you shuffle the car positions and re measure?
Sponsored

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

This is as bad as .4"

Jofenech

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The way they were parked can affect height, sudden stop harder braking, gentle stop no brakes, etc.

Roll Sound

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wildtrack 2DR MIC OW, 2014 KTM RC8R
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
There are so many variables possible here. But it's good fodder. I feel like my rear bumper is about a half inch lower on passenger side. Haha. So who knows?

Sponsored

Cornbred

Raptor
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 F-250/Edge, 14 F150,202? Bronco Base/Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Metal bumpers will for sure add more compression to the front suspension. You can easily drop an inch with a metal bumper and winch.
This! I’ve had F150’s and F250’s and always added winch. Which lowers the front end. I always purchased Timbren SES kits so trucks would go back to original front ride height.

Mcfly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I jus recently traded in my MY21 BL SAS for a MY22. Identical specs.
After having driven the MY21 for a couple months, I immediately noticed the height difference. My wife too. Comfirmed when we went into the garage and noticed the garage pull ball hit the clear part of the windshield versus the blackened shaded area behind rear view mirror.

My measurements are also showing 39 inches on the front . I’d say the MY21 was at least an inch taller…well, at least the one I had.
I suppose when these Goodyear’s wear out., a proper set of 35s might get me back to where I was with the MY21.

cant see how the bumper update made the difference though; is it that much heavier? Like d the old one better - maybe I can find someone to swap

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I jus recently traded in my MY21 BL SAS for a MY22. Identical specs.
After having driven the MY21 for a couple months, I immediately noticed the height difference. My wife too. Comfirmed when we went into the garage and noticed the garage pull ball hit the clear part of the windshield versus the blackened shaded area behind rear view mirror.

My measurements are also showing 39 inches on the front . I’d say the MY21 was at least an inch taller…well, at least the one I had.
I suppose when these Goodyear’s wear out., a proper set of 35s might get me back to where I was with the MY21.

cant see how the bumper update made the difference though; is it that much heavier? Like d the old one better - maybe I can find someone to swap
I've got to ask why you traded in a vehicle after only a few months.

Mcfly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've got to ask why you traded in a vehicle after only a few months.
I had 2 reservations; the MY21 arrived in early Dec, the MY22 just last week. I could only afford to keep one, so decided i might as well go with the new model year.

Dual Climate control dial on passenger side is broke though; dealer has that part on order(dial does not engage). Maybe I get lucky and the replacement is the one I had on the MY21 that had temperature readout on the dial itself.

Also, truck ride height is shorter. Weird -
Tire pressure is the same as the MY21.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Yep, and a winch will tie it down another 1/2” or so.
Sponsored