Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 CJ5, 2015 BMW M4, 2019 Jeep G.C. Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think the culprit is driving in a very humid environment (beach in SC) this 4th of July weekend with about half my top off the entire trip. Today coming home, we did see quite a bit of water built up at the opening in the vents. So just to confirm for those that may have experienced this.... would this likely be due to very humid summer weekend or could there be something else bigger going on? Quick history on my AC. My Bronco arrived from the factory with the AC not working and since it was a winter delivery, we didn't know it for the first couple of months. Ford ended up having to replace the evaporator/condenser behind the dash (quite an effort), under warranty so just want to make sure all is still working ok.
Sponsored

TrailRaider

Badlands
First Name
Mr. G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST, Mitsubishi Montero, Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Check for a drain blockage, mine flows like a river anytime the A/C is on. If the unit is not draining correctly, the water has to go somewhere, which would be the vents.

Wildfire1

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 GMC 4X4 / 2012 Mustang convert
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
We had the same this happen in the Mustang the other day. Top down and it looked like the thing was on fire lol. It’s the ambient air temperature meeting the cold air. Much like a good fog. It’s normal 👍

IMG_0544.jpeg

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Southern coastal SC here, completely normal to get condensation around the air vents, it's crazy humid right now with the storms the past few days.

OP
OP
Panzer948

Panzer948

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 CJ5, 2015 BMW M4, 2019 Jeep G.C. Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yep, we were in Myrtle Beach for the 4th and it rained about each day too. Ok, good to know. My first convertible that actually has AC so wanted to confirm. of course, we will keep a close eye on it.

SWLABRONCO

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The top being off is the problem. Have this same problem when the top is off. 100% humidity here in SW Louisiana is wonderful.
Sponsored