Sponsored

So I Found Out Friday Afternoon... While driving in pouring rain with the top off

jason9m9

Big Bend
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chevy Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Design oversite, as in they should have made the Bronco bigger? At some point, you can only put so much stuff behind the seats.
True. But just seems like a vehicle that you’d want to have both sets of people have the top off for and be able to put it back. I don’t know whether that’d mean a bit bigger, idk if it means two sets of the split tops to make it happen or even to have just shaped the mid panel differently maybe take out the curve just to buy it the couple inches it seemed to have needed to lay down in the back while the back seats were up. Idk maybe you’re right maybe that’s just what the soft top is for.
Sponsored

Jdyount

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I keep some emergency ponchos in the Bronco just for this case.

Also small blankets for those colder mornings. On labor day we had a 2.5 hour drive to the off-road park for our club event. It was going to be 98 that day so I thought nothing of taking the top off the night before (one less thing to have to worry about before we hit the trails). We'll it being in the 60's early that morning, the girls were a bit cold in the back seat. Had to find a place to stop on the way for blankets.

MileHighCitizen

Badlands
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2D 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not sure if you are joking, but that’s definitely not how a forecast works. It’s a formula based on the likelihood it will rain in the area and the percentage of the forecast area that would be impacted.

https://www.weather.gov/media/pah/WeatherEducation/pop.pdf
From your link....it's exactly what I said. Why are you trying to argue?

"Let's look at an example of what the probability does mean. If a forecast for a given county says that there is a 40% chance of rain this afternoon, then there is a 40% chance of rain at any point in the county from noon to 6 p.m. local time."

MOBRONCO

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
From your link....it's exactly what I said. Why are you trying to argue?

"Let's look at an example of what the probability does mean. If a forecast for a given county says that there is a 40% chance of rain this afternoon, then there is a 40% chance of rain at any point in the county from noon to 6 p.m. local time."
No, it isn't.

You said "15% chance of rain means it will definitely rain in 15% of the area covered by the weather map"

The link specifically says

"Using a 40% probability of rain as an example, it does not mean (1) that 40% of the area will be covered by precipitation at given time in the given forecast area"

Reactions: abe

0ne

Base
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Flex
Your Bronco Model
Base
I am not sure when we’ll ever take off the roof of our Bronco - despite it looking sooo good.
Our 2-door is super quiet with NO wind noise, so we're afraid to jinx that silent situation by removing the front panels. LOL!
The OP’s story, commiserating replies and the aforementioned quoted replies are more supporting reasons why I won’t be removing the top and doors from my 2dr any time soon. I didn’t buy it for that and prefer tinted windows up privacy, security and comfort. I do live in a freaking nutso overcrowded angry aggressive metro area and the Bronco is still new and rare enough to attract the jealous inebriated screwballs.

Sponsored

MileHighCitizen

Badlands
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2D 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No, it isn't.

You said "15% chance of rain means it will definitely rain in 15% of the area covered by the weather map"

"Using a 40% probability of rain as an example, it does not mean (1) that 40% of the area will be covered by precipitation at given time in the given forecast area"
No, it isn't.

Im being totally serious here, help me understand the difference between these two statements? They seem to contradict each other, right?

MOBRONCO

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Im being totally serious here, help me understand the difference between these two statements? They seem to contradict each other, right?
So let's think of it as 100 people being surveyed for Tuesday. The surveyor finds 100% of people are planning to buy a Bronco, but he estimates only 40% of people will buy it Tuesday. That means for any of those 100 people, he estimates a 40% chance they would buy a Bronco on Tuesday.

Now let's say of those same 100, only 50% are planning to buy a Bronco, and then 50% are buying on Tuesday. That means that we do .5 X .5 for .25, or a 25% chance that someone will buy a Bronco Tuesday.

BroncoSarge

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AMB Bronco, 2021 CO Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

#1 Badlands

#2 Soft top

#3 Carry emergency cover and pull over for food

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

closest I've come is top in position 1, and was inside eating dinner at a Five Guys, rain started coming down hard and I ran out and flipped it up and lock it. Came out with a lot of napkins to dry out as much as I could :D

Sponsored

357Mag

Wildtrak
First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.buildingmybronco.com
Vehicle(s)
G35
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

That if you have friends in from out of town, and you plan a day trip/hike that's 2 hours and 15 minutes from the house, and the weather says "15% chance of light scattered showers" and you take the front and center panels off that-

A: It will rain. A lot. Like, starting right before you come off the trial, and then the entire 2 hour and 15 minute trip home.

B: No matter which way you're going, the storm is going that way, too.

C: You should try to maintain a speed of at least 50 MPH, and the rain will mostly avoid coming in the cab of your Bronco you've had for 3 weeks.

D: If there's nothing you can do to stop it, you should just try to make the best of it and sing songs really loud. So you don't cry.

Oh, and

E: You'll see another Bronco on I25 with their soft top on, and they will point and laugh at you.

24.jpg
Well good job for making the best of a jacked up situation, because if you can't cry, laugh alongside them.. lol!

stickshifthappy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, 65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah, this is the time of year that if the weather forecast says there is a *chance* of rain, it's gonna fucking rain.
or you could also say the % exponentially increases if I’m planning outdoor activities.

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

What? Heck I ride my motorcycle into the mid 30’s.
I used to as well. But with full leathers. I always had to be the first idiot to ride his bike in after the new year and the last idiot to ride it in the current year. Now, not so much. I enjoy the heated seats and 4 wheel drive. But hey, I was once young as well. Just not anymore! :cool:

MileHighCitizen

Badlands
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2D 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So let's think of it as 100 people being surveyed for Tuesday. The surveyor finds 100% of people are planning to buy a Bronco, but he estimates only 40% of people will buy it Tuesday. That means for any of those 100 people, he estimates a 40% chance they would buy a Bronco on Tuesday.

Now let's say of those same 100, only 50% are planning to buy a Bronco, and then 50% are buying on Tuesday. That means that we do .5 X .5 for .25, or a 25% chance that someone will buy a Bronco Tuesday.
Right, so your first example there is 40% chance of bronco tuesday, and in the second example there is a 25% chance of bronco tuesday.

I got that part. but how are the two statements i posted different from what i initially stated? i assure you i am not being purposefully obtuse.

I said that a 15% chance of rain doesn't mean that there is a 15% chance of rain on you, it means there is a guarantee of rain in 15% of the map coverage area during the forecast period. What do I need to change that would mean the correct meaning?

I'm not understanding what I explained wrong.
Sponsored