Sponsored

So I Found Out Friday Afternoon... While driving in pouring rain with the top off

Billnchristy

Black Diamond
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bmw m440i gc,2022 BD 2dr, 1966 mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think people underestimate the size of roof panels. I had a Porsche 924s back in the day and it had a large removable roof panel, was a tilting sunroof but you could unlatch it and remove it. It took the ENTIRE hatch and was really just a bit bigger than a normal sunroof.
Sponsored

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Right, so your first example there is 40% chance of bronco tuesday, and in the second example there is a 25% chance of bronco tuesday.

I got that part. but how are the two statements i posted different from what i initially stated? i assure you i am not being purposefully obtuse.

I said that a 15% chance of rain doesn't mean that there is a 15% chance of rain on you, it means there is a guarantee of rain in 15% of the map coverage area during the forecast period. What do I need to change that would mean the correct meaning?

I'm not understanding what I explained wrong.
40% chance of rain == for 100% of the county there is a 40% chance of rain

40% chance of rain != for 40% of the county there is 100% chance of rain

100% chance of rain == it will rain somewhere in the county, but not necessarily on you*

* unless you're riding a motorcycle, removing the roof of your Bronco, or camping, then it will rain on you regardless of the forecast

Gatlinz

Outer Banks
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, F-250, Edge and soon to be Bronco!
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Lol in my defense, it was a learning experience... I've lived here almost a year so I didn't know.
Hey, I too have an OBX and was wondering about how the leather "Liked" the rain and if you had any issues with having to dryout the back end where the dogs were.

OP
OP
Dino

Dino

Outer Banks
First Name
Dino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ram 1500 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hey, I too have an OBX and was wondering about how the leather "Liked" the rain and if you had any issues with having to dryout the back end where the dogs were.
The leather handled it fine, there were no issues. The far back panel was still on, the front and middle were off. We take the dogs with us most of the time, and they've gone in the lake and ridden in the back and I've had no issues so far. I also had one of my dogs (I imagine the doodle) manage to get open a gallon container of water and it was all over the back. I just took out the cargo liner and poured it out...good as new.

I do have the Ford cargo mat in the back I got with some of my Ford points, and the backs of the back seats have the Mabett seat covers that velcro on, and I can't recommend those enough! They stay put, they're easy to clean, and they're durable. I got mine in Sept, they came about 3 days after I got my Bronco. They still look new.

https://www.amazon.com/Mabett-Backr...eces/dp/B09VL31QV5?ref_=ast_sto_dp&th=1&psc=1

4xFord

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We went to RMNP yesterday, we got a timed entry bc I wanted to take them up Fall River Road.

Felt like Clark Griswold when we got there and it was closed for the day. And yup, we got rained on during the way back, too.

The Friday trip was Devil's Head to the fire watch tower.

5.jpg

66.jpg

77.jpg
Love that hike. Sorry about the weather.
Ford Bronco So I Found Out Friday Afternoon... While driving in pouring rain with the top off IMAG1427

Sponsored
OP
OP
Dino

Dino

Outer Banks
First Name
Dino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ram 1500 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Gatlinz

Outer Banks
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, F-250, Edge and soon to be Bronco!
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The leather handled it fine, there were no issues. The far back panel was still on, the front and middle were off. We take the dogs with us most of the time, and they've gone in the lake and ridden in the back and I've had no issues so far. I also had one of my dogs (I imagine the doodle) manage to get open a gallon container of water and it was all over the back. I just took out the cargo liner and poured it out...good as new.

I do have the Ford cargo mat in the back I got with some of my Ford points, and the backs of the back seats have the Mabett seat covers that velcro on, and I can't recommend those enough! They stay put, they're easy to clean, and they're durable. I got mine in Sept, they came about 3 days after I got my Bronco. They still look new.

https://www.amazon.com/Mabett-Backr...eces/dp/B09VL31QV5?ref_=ast_sto_dp&th=1&psc=1
Thanks really appreciate the advice

OP
OP
Dino

Dino

Outer Banks
First Name
Dino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ram 1500 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thanks really appreciate the advice
No prob. Despite what a few people in here seem to think, this is a place for us to help each other out and learn stuff!

UtahBrandon

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.puravidaoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
a number of classics and my 4dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If raining while parked and you have the garage door opener in the visor, then fold the visors down so they don't accumulate water. That's the only thing I've found that isn't waterproof/water-resistant.

UtahBrandon

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.puravidaoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
a number of classics and my 4dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'll be first in line to buy one.
I can't believe nobody offers one yet. I'm waiting for the mesh suppliers to slightly pivot to canvas but it's not happening. My plan B is to make it myself and maybe even sell it, however, I know that as soon as I'm done, a large manufacturer will release theirs.

Sponsored

Donkeygyrl

Base
First Name
Sheri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco on order
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Thats the only time a soft top owner gets one over on ya.
But wait 2 years ago the diagrams of the panels stacked in the back of the 4 door ? Yeah nobody does that bring towels.

OP
OP
Dino

Dino

Outer Banks
First Name
Dino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ram 1500 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thats the only time a soft top owner gets one over on ya.
But wait 2 years ago the diagrams of the panels stacked in the back of the 4 door ? Yeah nobody does that bring towels.
Right!!
Sponsored