Sponsored

Will MGV interior withstand pouring rain and wet outsides overnight?

gwp

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Davidson FLTRUSE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve ordered a Badlands, 2d, 7m, high. I plan to drive it in the rain with the top off. Not that rain is desirable, but I’d like to travel without the top. And motorcycling has shown me that I don’t melt.

Does this group think that my MGV interior will withstand pouring rain and wet outsides overnight? I understand that at least some switches will have gaskets to help with moisture but it’s a tall ask and Ford does not have a ton of build experience in this area.

I currently have a high-end Harley that lives pretty well in the rain when needed. It does have a big touch screen with all sorts of switches, dash gauges, speakers, heated seat/bars, amplifiers, etc all out in the wet and fully exposed. I’m jut not sure Ford has designed for the same level of exposure.

So, what d’ya think? A) I am nuts for wanting to drown my Bronco and need to check my ambitions. B) I should go for it, and hope the warranty will cover a shorted out dash. Or C) I should hedge my bets with a Bimini and find cover in a deluge.
Sponsored

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It’s designed to get wet, it’s topless.

toughtoaster

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think it will be able to withstand some wetness but as others have stated before you probably wouldn’t want to take a pressure washer to the interior and you still have to worry about moisture getting where you don’t want it to.

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would think a few times would be ok. I would be worried about just letting it to be completely exposed day in and day out. Mold and foam breakdown would be my biggest concerns. Drying it after getting wet would certainly help.

Sponsored

zedster

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco 2 dr Badlands SAS, '22 F150 PowerBoost
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes

OP
OP
gwp

gwp

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Davidson FLTRUSE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would think a few times would be ok. I would be worried about just letting it to be completely exposed day in and day out. Mold and foam breakdown would be my biggest concerns. Drying it after getting wet would certainly help.
Thanks. Curious about mold and foam. I suspect you’re thinking about the seats with that comment? I personally don’t worry there, as MGV is designed to inhibit those, and seats are easy to fix. I do worry about the nav dash and electronics, as that crap is now very expensive.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Sponsored

beachman101

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Unlike the wrangler. This car was designed from the ground up to not just be topless. But a very tech rich car.

marine grade vinyl is designed forboats that Sit exposed to weather all the time. The cushioning underneath will likely never see water

as for the rest of the car , I can only assume ford has had these things sit in simulated downpours with the roof off. If not they are messing up.

mcdoogs

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 Ford Focus ST, 21 Mercedes Benz E350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
certainly the electronics in the Bronco wouldn't like getting rained on
This exactly, I'm sure the MGV and rubber floor would be fine after a night in the rain. The touchscreen/controls/etc probably not so much. Splashes of water here and there sure but I doubt the whole dash is 100% water proof

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

This exactly, I'm sure the MGV and rubber floor would be fine after a night in the rain. The touchscreen/controls/etc probably not so much. Splashes of water here and there sure but I doubt the whole dash is 100% water proof
you would be wrong on the dash stuff.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Pretty sure Ford has said already everything on the dash was designed to withstand water but I can’t find it. Either way, I doubt it will blow up if it gets some water on it but I wouldn’t submerge it in water.
Sponsored