Sponsored

Mold on the Soft Top? Or something else?

Kimberley

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Salt 🧂 for sure.
But why just on he stitching and why did it show up on mine after they stopped salting the roads? Sorry but I am not in the mood to lick my truck today to find out for sure....
Sponsored

Mr. Nice

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jayson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12' Boss302, 08' Audi TT, 13' CRV, 14" Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
But why just on he stitching and why did it show up on mine after they stopped salting the roads? Sorry but I am not in the mood to lick my truck today to find out for sure....
The stitches are the leaching points. Everyone does not use the same chemicals to de-ice. Looks like my winter shoes. Stuff isn’t good for any part of any vehicle.

Kimberley

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The stitches are the leaching points. Everyone does not use the same chemicals to de-ice. Looks like my winter shoes. Stuff isn’t good for any part of any vehicle.
I guess I just need to move where there is warmer weather....

OP
OP
JRod Ford

JRod Ford

Black Diamond
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Ford Explorer Sport Trac
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Did anyone figure out what this is yet? I now have this on my soft top after almost 4 months. Did not notice anything throughout the winter (I do park in a garage at night) but I have washed it a couple times this past month hand wash but used a power washer this last time and am hoping it is not mold.
It definately seems like salt, or some type of waterproofing. My top is still doing fine, and I keep it outside in western Oregon. It's been through rain, hail, snow,..... everything but a car wash. (I wash it by hand) Seems to be ok so far. The white went away too.

Saitama

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prado 2015
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Living in Oregon with all that rain, it's not surprising you're dealing with some unusual stuff on your Bronco. The white substance you mentioned does sound a bit like mold, especially with the damp conditions.

thornylennert

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Living in Oregon with all that rain, it's not surprising you're dealing with some unusual stuff on your Bronco. The white substance you mentioned does sound a bit like mold, especially with the damp conditions. Before you break out the heavy-duty scrubbing, you might want to try a mixture of warm water and white vinegar. It's a gentler way to tackle mold, and it often does the trick. Just dampen a cloth, give it a good wipe, and see if it comes off. For more expert advice, you can check out the post at https://www.damagecontrol-911.com/does-ozone-kill-mold/. It might offer some useful insights into your situation.
Sponsored

Last edited: