Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 f-250 Tremor 6.7L HO, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

AITA.....

If they replaced the cap shell it wouldn't be necessary to pull the motor off the glass. Not saying they didn't just as a matter of caution but all that was needed is unhood wiring to motor, heater grid, washer jet and unbolt at the top hinges. Not excusing it not being caught but if they didn't take it off, they might have not noticed the grommet not missing and just put the window back on and checked function. Is it remotely possible the grommet was missing from day 1?
Rear window was broken during the swap.
Sponsored

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 f-250 Tremor 6.7L HO, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Sadly, good dealer tech's are few and far between. A lot has to do with how hard tech's are pushed on time limits to perform a task. Ford is not generous with warranty work times.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Rear window was broken during the swap.
Ahh, missed that. In that case, 100% oversight and workmanship. I'd give the dealer the chance to correct, if possible, because sure as shit you pull the motor something stupid like glass crack or studs pull off and relieves them of all responsibility.

OP
OP
SNOWOLF

SNOWOLF

Badlands
First Name
Brandie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
AITA.....

If they replaced the cap shell it wouldn't be necessary to pull the motor off the glass. Not saying they didn't just as a matter of caution but all that was needed is unhood wiring to motor, heater grid, washer jet and unbolt at the top hinges. Not excusing it not being caught but if they didn't take it off, they might have not noticed the grommet not missing and just put the window back on and checked function. Is it remotely possible the grommet was missing from day 1?
It wasn't missing.....I have detailed the Raptor many times and there was a piece there, and they broke the tab off the heater grid when removing the rear glass, and supposedly couldn't be fixed. I'll take a pic of the repair order for the rear glass....it's pretty bad. Listing everything they broke and had to replace...supposedly.

fpostgate

Big Bend
First Name
Farley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2024
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Had the hardtop replaced because of it cracking.....I guess they hired monkeys from the zoo at my local dealership. Supposedly, they had to get three hardtops in because the first two were broken when they arrived. They had glass guys come in to change over the windows to the new top. In the process someone broke the rear window and had to get new glass. They also broke all the plastic that goes around the wiper motor and had to order that in as well. They switched everything over once the new glass came in. Installation was easy. Well I thought I was good to go....
The other day it rained a little bit. Today I opened the back door and rear glass and I started getting dripped on. Coming out of the plastic piece covering the wiper motor. I'm thinking how can that be. I put the window down and noticed that those monkeys forgot to put the window grommet in the glass where the wiper arm goes through it......check out the pic.
No double checking to make sure the job was perfectly done...no quality control. Now I'm going to order the $10 part and fix it myself.

IMG_1926.jpg
I have had so many dealership issues. At Subaru, the lead shop manager yelled at his guys in front of customers. I feel that is why they had such crap finish inspections, everyone was all tense from this guy. I actually was having a warranty door seal replaced and asked for an oil change. They only changed the one side of the vehicle seal so the other one fell off about a week later. Adhesive failure. I came there to get both fixed, took 4 visits wtf. Then they didn't put the oil change sticker on the windshield. I watched him yell at top volume again...

Sponsored
OP
OP
SNOWOLF

SNOWOLF

Badlands
First Name
Brandie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I ordered the grommet....take about 3 days to get it. Looking at the pic of my rig it looks like there was a grommet on that "supposedly" new rear glass. You can see a slight ring around the hole. Hmmmmm.......
Once the piece comes in, I'll get it fixed. I have a soft top, not oem, that I wanted to install on the Raptor. Looks like it will fit perfectly!

Cux211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ram 2500 Laramie blackout cummins
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I see your dealership is on par with mine, I absolutely dread having to bring a vehicle to them I find myself weighing the option to eat the cost and fix things myself

windshear

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My dealer wasn't as bad as yours, but when they installed my tow hitch they broke one clip and didn't replace it. Installed one of the tow hooks backwards and didn't hook the antenna back up for the proximity sensor.

Sponsored

Aonarch

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜23 Bronco OBX 2DR Lux 2.7, ā€˜24 V60 Polestar
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I see your dealership is on par with mine, I absolutely dread having to bring a vehicle to them I find myself weighing the option to eat the cost and fix things myself
Well my dealer just tried hitting me with a multi-thousand dollar bill for a warranty job so...

HotLap

Outer Banks
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor and 2019 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

HotLap

Outer Banks
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor and 2019 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Door alignment.
Wow, why so expensive, mineā€™s going in next month for same, under warranty though. Found a (somewhat) LFD with an in-house body shop, so going to use them. Good luck with yoursā€¦
Sponsored