First Name
Brandie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Had the hardtop replaced because of it cracking.....I guess they hired monkeys from the zoo at my local dealership. Supposedly, they had to get three hardtops in because the first two were broken when they arrived. They had glass guys come in to change over the windows to the new top. In the process someone broke the rear window and had to get new glass. They also broke all the plastic that goes around the wiper motor and had to order that in as well. They switched everything over once the new glass came in. Installation was easy. Well I thought I was good to go....
The other day it rained a little bit. Today I opened the back door and rear glass and I started getting dripped on. Coming out of the plastic piece covering the wiper motor. I'm thinking how can that be. I put the window down and noticed that those monkeys forgot to put the window grommet in the glass where the wiper arm goes through it......check out the pic.
No double checking to make sure the job was perfectly done...no quality control. Now I'm going to order the $10 part and fix it myself.

IMG_1926.jpg
Sponsored

Sponsored

Lak34ers

Big Bend
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Had the hardtop replaced because of it cracking.....I guess they hired monkeys from the zoo at my local dealership. Supposedly, they had to get three hardtops in because the first two were broken when they arrived. They had glass guys come in to change over the windows to the new top. In the process someone broke the rear window and had to get new glass. They also broke all the plastic that goes around the wiper motor and had to order that in as well. They switched everything over once the new glass came in. Installation was easy. Well I thought I was good to go....
The other day it rained a little bit. Today I opened the back door and rear glass and I started getting dripped on. Coming out of the plastic piece covering the wiper motor. I'm thinking how can that be. I put the window down and noticed that those monkeys forgot to put the window grommet in the glass where the wiper arm goes through it......check out the pic.
No double checking to make sure the job was perfectly done...no quality control. Now I'm going to order the $10 part and fix it myself.

Ford Bronco Monkeys worked on my Raptor monkey wrench
Recently started changing my own oil and filters because it gives me peace of mind to know it is done right and with quality. Even watched some videos and did all the fluids underneath and installed the Ford Diff Cover with drain so now all the fluids are top synthetic and good to go. Only thing I probably will leave to the dealer is the Trans when ready and replace with an aftermarket metal pan with a drain plug.

adamruiz2001

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford SVT Lightning
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Wow, that is ridiculous!

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 Carrera S / 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Unreal, sorry for the hassle. Hopefully you can find a better dealer.

BadmansSAS

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquach
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Dealer techs are part swappers and oil change experts. Nothing more. The dealers are about the worst place you can take your new bronco unfortunately.

Sponsored
OP
OP
SNOWOLF

SNOWOLF

Badlands
First Name
Brandie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Darling's Ford
Bangor, ME

Unfortunately, they own basically all the Ford dealerships in the state......unless I want to drive 3 hours one way.
I'm going to order the window grommet and take everything apart and do it right. The picture doesn't show it but the wiper motor arm is jammed on the right hand side of the rear window. Can't wait to find out what else they broke and rigged just to get by.

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just awful to experience for any brand new vehicle- let alone one for nearly or over 100K.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

AITA.....

If they replaced the cap shell it wouldn't be necessary to pull the motor off the glass. Not saying they didn't just as a matter of caution but all that was needed is unhood wiring to motor, heater grid, washer jet and unbolt at the top hinges. Not excusing it not being caught but if they didn't take it off, they might have not noticed the grommet not missing and just put the window back on and checked function. Is it remotely possible the grommet was missing from day 1?
Sponsored