Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Started with:

IMG_0786.jpeg

Build:

IMG_0935.jpeg

IMG_0946.jpeg

Above photo: Left is mine with 2” lift and 2” body lift, and stock tires. Middle is the wife’s on 33’s. Right is a guy who parks on my block to get a ride to work (he just wanted to get in on the pic).

IMG_0976.jpeg

Above photo: 37’s installed next to the guy who parks on my block for comparison.

IMG_0980.jpeg

IMG_1007.png

IMG_1127.jpeg

Full RCI skids

IMG_1142.jpeg

IMG_1143.jpeg

IMG_1146.jpeg

IMG_1145.jpeg

She’s not finished yet, but getting closer. The wife didn’t want to build hers, so the only addition is 33’s and she’ll have a few small decals she chose.

2.7 with 4.27. Ford Tuned at same time the 37’s were put on.

Edit:
I should add that the only things I haven’t done is the alignment and decals. I installed everything else.

I have parts not listed that were installed. Such as tie rod braces, front sway disconnects, and rear sway added. That should be most of everything.
How to you like the front sway bar disconnects? Are they noisy? I have been told they are and I have not installed mine yet. Mine are from AC Fab.
Sponsored

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The very bottom cargo tray is from Mountains2Metal. I went with that one because it has the hydraulic shocks to raise and lower it. I won’t use that function often, but I liked knowing I could if I needed.

The traction boards can be had from so many places. That’s a debate in itself on which brand to go with, so I’ll just say go with whatever your heart desires that you feel meets your needs. One of my concerns was making sure it fit that spot.

The upper rack is from a member who created it and then started producing it. It’s costly, but it fits my needs on allowing more storage without just packing stuff on top of itself. Is it needed? No. Do I like it a lot? Yes. I did shave part of the brackets that hold the upper tray down, as they stick out bast the tray and had no real purpose to. I was still able to mountain the traction boards with no issue.

IMG_1158.png

$329 is for the tray by itself. You would still need the brackets. I used this picture as you can see how the brackets stick out past the tray. That is what I trimmed down. Otherwise the brackets kind of make contact with my soft top when I raise it. Plus having them stick out limits the length of items I can put in the tray from the rear between the back window and tray.

Hmmmmm ....... I REALLY like the recovery board storage idea on that attic shelf but i have an OBX too and I dont have any mounting holes on that angled D pillar!! did you drill and tap??

OP
OP

MikeM173

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

How to you like the front sway bar disconnects? Are they noisy? I have been told they are and I have not installed mine yet. Mine are from AC Fab.
For driving I like it a lot since it had the front and rears connected and handling was great.

For noise I absolutely hated them. Since I added the rear sway I drove back from a trip with them disconnected and it felt fine to be. I could tell the difference (I have a lot of driving experience) but not enough to make me worry. Interstate speed limit is 80mph here and I had it above that.

I am keeping them installed so if I decide to connect them I can, or if I decide to sell it’s safer.

If you keep them lubed they aren’t really noisy, but I am sick of dealing with them honestly. I have enough to worry about.

OP
OP

MikeM173

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hmmmmm ....... I REALLY like the recovery board storage idea on that attic shelf but i have an OBX too and I dont have any mounting holes on that angled D pillar!! did you drill and tap??
I didn’t . Is yours a 2021? If I remember correctly the early models didn’t have the mounting holes.

Sponsored
OP
OP

MikeM173

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

yeah i got a '21 ..... jeeeeez
I mean there is more than one way you could do it. If you don’t have the skill you could see what a shop would charge. The brackets are moveable up and down. It allows the shelf to sit higher or lower, so the mounting holes wouldn’t need to be 100% perfect and it should still work.

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I mean there is more than one way you could do it. If you don’t have the skill you could see what a shop would charge. The brackets are moveable up and down. It allows the shelf to sit higher or lower, so the mounting holes wouldn’t need to be 100% perfect and it should still work.
yeah i'll figure something out .... now that i have the idea i can work it
Sponsored