Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Started with:

Ford Bronco Montana Bronco Outer Banks Build IMG_0786

Build:

Ford Bronco Montana Bronco Outer Banks Build IMG_0935

Ford Bronco Montana Bronco Outer Banks Build IMG_0946

Above photo: Left is mine with 2” lift and 2” body lift, and stock tires. Middle is the wife’s on 33’s. Right is a guy who parks on my block to get a ride to work (he just wanted to get in on the pic).

Ford Bronco Montana Bronco Outer Banks Build IMG_0976

Above photo: 37’s installed next to the guy who parks on my block for comparison.

Ford Bronco Montana Bronco Outer Banks Build IMG_0980

Ford Bronco Montana Bronco Outer Banks Build IMG_1007

Ford Bronco Montana Bronco Outer Banks Build IMG_1127

Full RCI skids

Ford Bronco Montana Bronco Outer Banks Build IMG_1142

Ford Bronco Montana Bronco Outer Banks Build IMG_1143

Ford Bronco Montana Bronco Outer Banks Build IMG_1146

Ford Bronco Montana Bronco Outer Banks Build IMG_1145

She’s not finished yet, but getting closer. The wife didn’t want to build hers, so the only addition is 33’s and she’ll have a few small decals she chose.

2.7 with 4.27. Ford Tuned at same time the 37’s were put on.

Edit:
I should add that the only things I haven’t done is the alignment and decals. I installed everything else.

I have parts not listed that were installed. Such as tie rod braces, front sway disconnects, and rear sway added. That should be most of everything.
Sponsored

Last edited:

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Started with:

Build:

Above photo: Left is mine with 2” lift and 2” body lift, and stock tires. Middle is the wife’s on 33’s. Right is a guy who parks on my block to get a ride to work (he just wanted to get in on the pic).

Above photo: 37’s installed next to the guy who parks on my block for comparison.

Full RCI skids

She’s not finished yet, but getting closer. The wife didn’t want to build hers, so the only addition is 33’s and she’ll have a few small decals she chose.

2.7 with 4.27. Ford Tuned at same time the 37’s were put on.
I’m liking the dash sticker!

OP
OP

MikeM173

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Nice build but you missed one that you will love .... add struts to lift the back of the soft top!

Can you add some detail about the safe and the upper shelf in the back? thx
I happened to find the RC brackets for sale and decided to go with a safe instead. I have expensive rifles and pistols that I prefer to have locked up. I’ll be adding the Builtright Industries seat back molle and a locking AR mount as well for quick access. I also have a center console safe for extra locking storage.

This safe is from Aegis off Amazon. It is not the most secure, but size wise it fit the bill. I considered going with a Hornady that was similar sizing, but cost wise it didn’t make sense. If someone wants in it bad enough they will get in it. Might as well go with the one that made the most sense to me. No issues so far. I adjusted it so the drawer wouldn’t slide back and forth, and I added a small layer of tape to the locking bar. This keeps it from rattling completely. Without those two things it was noisy.

I opted for this route so I could still access below, as well as add items beneath. I keep my med kits there for now, until I get the seat back molle. I also have a hand winch and some other items that will remain there. I need to add it still, but I have a quick 4 man pop up tent that will go behind. On top I have other stuff for camping, as well as recovery. The concept behind the build was to be able to just take off into the mountains, get to areas others can’t, and just camp wherever looks amazing. I also wanted as little risk to the Bronco as possible. That’s why I have the rock sliders, and full skids under. I want to be able to travel wherever I want and not risk the ride.

I opted for a 2” spacer lift to get more articulation out of the front with more droop. I added 2” body lift to squeeze the 37’s in. I knew I would lose lift when I added all of the weight. My wife’s is stock, except she put on 33’s. I’m only 4” higher than hers. That’s with 2” lift, 2” body, and 2” more from tire. So I lost 2” with the weight. Not horrible. My back end is about 1/2” higher, but when I eventually put on a steel rear bumper I’m sure it’ll be closer to even all around.

Sponsored
OP
OP

MikeM173

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I’m liking the dash sticker!
Thanks! Mine isn’t a Sasquatch, but I love Bigfoot. I didn’t want to put any on the outside as I feel like I would be a “poser.” Figured on the inside it would be fine.

Ford Bronco Montana Bronco Outer Banks Build image

My wife found this Sasquatch riding partner that goes with me everywhere. He only moves when we are loaded up with the kids. With the windows down his hair flows majestically. The wife has a great video of it haha.

OP
OP

MikeM173

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

OP
OP

MikeM173

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Time to get those new skid plates broken in!
Good looking upgrades too.
Definitely time! The skids were the last thing I was waiting for. We have a weekend of camping planned for the wife’s birthday, but I am trying to plan some rock crawling adventures with a buddy of mine between that. Hopefully this next weekend is a fun break in trip, but only time will tell. Unfortunately life does delay fun trips sometimes.

Dom

First Name
Dom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Expedition, 2013 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Love the build. What bumper is this??......

Ford Bronco Montana Bronco Outer Banks Build 1691351643479

Sponsored
OP
OP

MikeM173

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Just based on photos of it and how it mounts I would imagine it would. I didn’t use a relocation kit. I just moved mine up. Here is a pic of how I did mine. Free minus hardware which I already had.

Ford Bronco Montana Bronco Outer Banks Build IMG_1156

That bracket would give you a cleaner camera view I would bet. It definitely looks like it would work though.

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I happened to find the RC brackets for sale and decided to go with a safe instead. I have expensive rifles and pistols that I prefer to have locked up. I’ll be adding the Builtright Industries seat back molle and a locking AR mount as well for quick access. I also have a center console safe for extra locking storage.

This safe is from Aegis off Amazon. It is not the most secure, but size wise it fit the bill. I considered going with a Hornady that was similar sizing, but cost wise it didn’t make sense. If someone wants in it bad enough they will get in it. Might as well go with the one that made the most sense to me. No issues so far. I adjusted it so the drawer wouldn’t slide back and forth, and I added a small layer of tape to the locking bar. This keeps it from rattling completely. Without those two things it was noisy.

I opted for this route so I could still access below, as well as add items beneath. I keep my med kits there for now, until I get the seat back molle. I also have a hand winch and some other items that will remain there. I need to add it still, but I have a quick 4 man pop up tent that will go behind. On top I have other stuff for camping, as well as recovery. The concept behind the build was to be able to just take off into the mountains, get to areas others can’t, and just camp wherever looks amazing. I also wanted as little risk to the Bronco as possible. That’s why I have the rock sliders, and full skids under. I want to be able to travel wherever I want and not risk the ride.

I opted for a 2” spacer lift to get more articulation out of the front with more droop. I added 2” body lift to squeeze the 37’s in. I knew I would lose lift when I added all of the weight. My wife’s is stock, except she put on 33’s. I’m only 4” higher than hers. That’s with 2” lift, 2” body, and 2” more from tire. So I lost 2” with the weight. Not horrible. My back end is about 1/2” higher, but when I eventually put on a steel rear bumper I’m sure it’ll be closer to even all around.

where did you get the items i marked in the pic? especially that middle shelf? thx

Ford Bronco Montana Bronco Outer Banks Build Inkedshelf-IMG_1146

OP
OP

MikeM173

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

where did you get the items i marked in the pic? especially that middle shelf? thx

Ford Bronco Montana Bronco Outer Banks Build Inkedshelf-IMG_1146
The very bottom cargo tray is from Mountains2Metal. I went with that one because it has the hydraulic shocks to raise and lower it. I won’t use that function often, but I liked knowing I could if I needed.

The traction boards can be had from so many places. That’s a debate in itself on which brand to go with, so I’ll just say go with whatever your heart desires that you feel meets your needs. One of my concerns was making sure it fit that spot.

The upper rack is from a member who created it and then started producing it. It’s costly, but it fits my needs on allowing more storage without just packing stuff on top of itself. Is it needed? No. Do I like it a lot? Yes. I did shave part of the brackets that hold the upper tray down, as they stick out bast the tray and had no real purpose to. I was still able to mountain the traction boards with no issue.

Ford Bronco Montana Bronco Outer Banks Build IMG_1158

$329 is for the tray by itself. You would still need the brackets. I used this picture as you can see how the brackets stick out past the tray. That is what I trimmed down. Otherwise the brackets kind of make contact with my soft top when I raise it. Plus having them stick out limits the length of items I can put in the tray from the rear between the back window and tray.
Sponsored