Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Oyt!

That’s part of the reason I think that camera up front and on the mirrors showing wheel path will be so valuable.
I'm starting to think the same thing. In most of the videos i have seen it's seems there is quite often a loss of vision up front. High package might be a must.

David12691

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I’ve been a little leery of Fords interior options ever since I owned a Ford Explorer and the leather was ruined in less than two years. Compared to the leather seats in my tundra, which is 13 years, and still look new.
In my experience, Ford's leather is pretty shit and always looks ruched and not flat. (look at any photo of the back seats in the two door) I don't understand how Ford continues to do this when ever other modern car company seems to be able to flatten it out.

Happy to be going with the standard cloth, which looks better imo.

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It absolutely blows my mind that the Bronco is as cheap as it is. The increased safety content, technology and engineering prowess put into the 6th generation is unbelievable compared to any other generation, and at a price that compares to 1980 pricing.

For the folks complaining about how expensive Bronco is, the inflation-adjusted base price in today's dollars for each generation is listed below. One can also infer that as you go up trim level and add content, the prices will continue to climb. For every dope on here who spouts off something along the lines of "If they are going to get me to buy a $50K Bronco, it better darn well do (insert outlandish claim here)", I think of these prices, and how utterly stupid arguments are that somehow $50K in 2020 (or 2022 :LOL:) is somehow an astronomically expensive vehicle.
Agreed. People balk at spending $50k on a vehicle today because they remember when that was getting you a high-end luxury vehicle, but it's easy to forget how much prices have changed.

I do wonder how much the reaction to the Bronco might be different if the top package was called Tech instead of Lux...
Once you spec out parts and labor, Badlands has a very real business case for being so expensive over base.
The number of times I've seen people commenting online that they are going to save a lot of money by getting a Base and upgrading everything aftermarket worries me a bit.

If you are planning to really spec out some amazing rig with significantly greater capability than the factory options, then it's true. But when people are just talking about a lift, lockers, and a sway bar disconnect... seems like a bad decision to me.

First, I seriously doubt most people are going to be able to match the level of integration that Ford has achieved making these features work with the rest of the vehicle. Second, I'm not sure how some features are going to be available aftermarket anytime soon at a reasonable price point. Sure, you can add a sway bar disconnect, but one you can easily engage/disengage from inside the vehicle... under load... and have it auto engage at speed?

Of course, lots of people seem to just enjoy making lots of modification, to the point where it's less about making the vehicle more capable. We've all seen how impressed professional drivers are with the stock capability. It's already plenty capable for most.

And then there's the fact that I don't mind paying a bit more to get extra features out of the gate. If I'm already going to spend $40k+, I'd rather spend $50k get all the extra features I want.

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
I think you misunderstood me, I'm not talking about the great "utilitarian truck interior" needing to be any nicer, I'm speaking about higher quality, more durable MATERIALS, plastics, leather and cloth. Many of us want our "old school" style Bronco to last 10 to 20 years, cheap MATERIALS will crack, sag and tear in that time frame.
Yea- I was being somewhat sarcastic. Yes, quality finishes at this price point and century.

Sponsored

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Agreed. People balk at spending $50k on a vehicle today because they remember when that was getting you a high-end luxury vehicle, but it's easy to forget how much prices have changed.

I do wonder how much the reaction to the Bronco might be different if the top package was called Tech instead of Lux...

The number of times I've seen people commenting online that they are going to save a lot of money by getting a Base and upgrading everything aftermarket worries me a bit.

If you are planning to really spec out some amazing rig with significantly greater capability than the factory options, then it's true. But when people are just talking about a lift, lockers, and a sway bar disconnect... seems like a bad decision to me.

First, I seriously doubt most people are going to be able to match the level of integration that Ford has achieved making these features work with the rest of the vehicle. Second, I'm not sure how some features are going to be available aftermarket anytime soon at a reasonable price point. Sure, you can add a sway bar disconnect, but one you can easily engage/disengage from inside the vehicle... under load... and have it auto engage at speed?

Of course, lots of people seem to just enjoy making lots of modification, to the point where it's less about making the vehicle more capable. We've all seen how impressed professional drivers are with the stock capability. It's already plenty capable for most.

And then there's the fact that I don't mind paying a bit more to get extra features out of the gate. If I'm already going to spend $40k+, I'd rather spend $50k get all the extra features I want.
And that's the point of the trim levels. My first interaction with the Bronco was after the B&P was out. I looked over the various trims. The 2-door Black Diamond had exactly the content I wanted. I upgraded to the advanced transfer case for $795. That's it. I wanted vinyl seats, no carpet, and a hard top. And a rear locking diff. It was equiped perfectly. For an easy coast rig, it's about all you need. And it's all factory, integrated, and warranted. What's not to like?

The Bad Lands has more stuff but I don't need the front diff and auto sway bar, so it's not worth the extra $4K.