Sponsored

Motortrend bias article (watch my video from moab)

Lazerus

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL. Land Rover Discovery Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I do call into question only 'airing down' to 30psi - what's the point? Need to drop to at least 20psi to make a difference. And I think it would have helped the Bronco more in increased traction.

The thing is, every 'disparagement' in the article of the Bronco has been posted in this forum. It's pretty accurate.
The window rattle has been described in detail here:
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/violent-window-rattle.25251/

And the difficulty to climb relatively easy obstacles without lockers has been covered as well:

Hopefully the off road traction control will get tweaked to perform better. But for now, you really need lockers in the Bronco. Both Jeep and Toyota have a separate system when in 4L that operates differently from standard TC and makes the need for lockers much less.

As for pavement feel, well, it is really subjective. I love how my 2 door JL drives. I do 75 - 80 on the freeway everyday and its solid as a rock. I prefer it to my wife's Land Rover as it feels more alive and connected. But, we have great, smooth roads, if I had to drive on some of those eastern highways, with heavy expansion joints every 20 feet, I would absolutely favor something with a more forgiving suspension.

The rest of the stuff is all relative to personal preferences - of which the writer does definitely favor the Wrangler, though he points out, albeit in passing, those opinions are split amongst the testers.

But in the end his conclusion is pretty spot on:
"The Bronco is an excellent Wrangler competitor, but it's no Wrangler killer"

Go back a year and look at all the posts on here about how the Wrangler will be dead once the Bronco hits the street. Hyperbole runs strong in these forums...
Sponsored

Last edited:

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Peefect
I am happy your are in the market for a jeep...... lol
I am in the market for a Bronco. I have had my Bronco on order for over a year now and it probably won't be delivered for another 2 years or so.

sjp

Base
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I am in the market for a Bronco. I have had my Bronco on order for over a year now and it probably won't be delivered for another 2 years or so.
I didn't read the article, but one thing's for certain: This ridiculous new allocation formula is turning a lot of former Ford fans into Jeep owners. These were customers they had "in their pocket" and didn't have to sell, all so they could get stock to dealerships that now have to track down buyers...or just sell them on eBay for $83K, like that guy from Town & Country did.

OP
OP

Mdeamon

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai tucson
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I do call into question only 'airing down' to 30psi - what's the point? Need to drop to at least 20psi to make a difference. And I think it would have helped the Bronco more in increased traction.

The thing is, every 'disparagement' in the article of the Bronco has been posted in this forum. It's pretty accurate.
The window rattle has been described in detail here:
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/violent-window-rattle.25251/

And the difficulty to climb relatively easy obstacles without lockers has been covered as well:

Hopefully the off road traction control will get tweaked to perform better. But for now, you really need lockers in the Bronco. Both Jeep and Toyota have a separate system when in 4L that operates differently from standard TC and makes the need for lockers much less.

As for pavement feel, well, it is really subjective. I love how my 2 door JL drives. I do 75 - 80 on the freeway everyday and its solid as a rock. I prefer it to my wife's Land Rover as it feels more alive and connected. But, we have great, smooth roads, if I had to drive on some of those eastern highways, with heavy expansion joints every 20 feet, I would absolutely favor something with a more forgiving suspension.

The rest of the stuff is all relative to personal preferences - of which the writer does definitely favor the Wrangler, though he points out, albeit in passing, those opinions are split amongst the testers.

But in the end his conclusion is pretty spot on:
"The Bronco is an excellent Wrangler competitor, but it's no Wrangler killer"

Go back a year and look at all the posts on here about how the Wrangler will be dead once the Bronco hits the street. Hyperbole runs strong in these forums...
----

Last edited:

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

https://www.motortrend.com/reviews/...ion-jeep-wrangler-4xe-comparison-test-review/

Funny motortrend expert lol lol
Maybe jeep buy a lot of ads for them to write bias article like that.....

I went to moab and rent a jeep for the week....

Travel from salt lake city to moab ..... not a big fan of the jeep on highway loose stering, shitty interior design, etc.. Did trail all week in moab with the jeep...very bumpy ride ....

Finish my week with Bronco Rodeo wow I was so impress when i drive the bronco ....

The ride on the road to the trail much better with The bronco....

The interior desigh way better ....
wow riding the trail in high speed way more fun in the bronco much much much better then jeep....

For crawling very capable dome plateau have some good climb and it was very easy to do with the bronco and i could do every obstacle with no locker and the sway bar connected ...pretty easy..

With a brand new truck 50k i am not sure i want rock crawling trail more difficult then dome plateau at lease not for the first year ....becaue it brand new and expensive toy....

OVERHAUL for overlanding ... drive from home to trail and have fun in the trail ...... sorry jeep .... but bronco much better overhaul....

It why i question motortred article wtf....

Maybe motortred are not good driver...lol

Watch the video of Loren Healy do the Rubicon trail.... that say it all ... the bronco can do rubicon easy and he drive from home to the trail compare to is conterpart who bring is jeep on a trailer....lol

I like a lot more the bronco in every aspect....

Bronco will be my first choice ....othewise jeep my be consider for no2 choice.....

If you want dedicate toy who can do hard trail more difficult then "Rubicon" maybe buy a jeep .... but no reason to buy a brand new jeep 60k and do very hard trail make no sense.....

Let me know who think motortrend article is bias....

Few pic and a video of me at moab bronco rodeo

View attachment 197321

View attachment 197322

View attachment 197323
No offence, but is English your second language?

Sponsored

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A Ford fanboy on a Ford bronco site thinks an article that doesn’t say the bronco knocks a jeep out of the park is biased- shocker! I bet you’ll see the opposite on the Jeep forums.
I’m a long time Toyota driver who owns a Jeep Gladiator and has a bronco on order- take it for what it’s worth.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just gonna chip in here for a sec - everyone is biased and therefore everything created by people will somehow be biased to a certain degree. This is especially true when it comes to reviews of products.

But you really gotta stop using it as an excuse or attack on every article you don't agree with. It makes you look more indignant than educated.
Actually, Motor Trend did itself a disservice by creating a staff that is highly positioned towards one manufacturer. They created the bias, not the informed reader. True there are fans who can’t see through their created haze, but one only needs to watch the MT channel, and read their articles to see the slanted views. As you point out, it is human nature to display bias, so establishing a editorial staff heavily laden by people who wholeheartedly favor one make proves your point, as well as, ours. Have a great one!

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes, english is my second language

I am terrible at writing
Sentence not always perfect.....lol
Good n'off for people to know what i want to say I guess?

And on top of it i am dyslexic!

Fyi i am not offended ....
It is what it is ... i am not affraid to write even if it not perfect....but i should use a software to help me......
Nah, it's all good... As I'm reading it, it's like I can hear an accent in my head. Lol
And in my head, it's Russian or Eastern European for some reason 🤷🏻

Sponsored

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Seems like publications are rating the bronco worse and worse as time goes on.

As the former owner of a 18 JLU, I can say that the on-road characteristics of my squatched bronco are leaps and bounds ahead of the JLU so not sure what they’re talking about there. I also think the JLU was louder at highway speeds but I didn’t instrument and test them back-to-back, so maybe my memory is just wrong.

And, I like the touch points on the interior of the bronco more than the JLU. I don’t even know if my JLU had soft touch dash because I don’t go pressing on the dash… well, ever…

Rednek

Black Diamond
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco BD/2023 Maverick XLT/02 F150/68 Torino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ok peeps get pitch forks ready............I believe this is the beginning of a resurgence of mainstream offroading and overlanding/camping,there are going to be so many Broncos and Wranglers running the trails and highways of our great continent together tops off,doors off wind in your face dirt and bugs in your teeth great times are a coming friends!:D

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Aired down to 30psi.
Sounds legit,
Yeah, the was the final nail in the credibility coffin for me and I noped out of the rest of the article.

I run 32psi on the street in my JKU on 35's and there are plenty of guys on 35's and 37's running lower than that, again, on the street.

Kos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The only thing I’ve learned from reading MotorTrend is that everything new is leading, cutting edge, and redefines the segment.

Everything two years old is two years overdue for a refresh.
Sponsored