First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I kind of don't trust the mpg calculation the Bronco makes. On my last road trip it seemed like some 40 miles were missing as I looked at what it said, and added the miles gone to miles to empty. Probably best to calculate at the pump with what you put in for gas and the miles gone...
Yep , the only thing that matters is how much fuel you put in . Best to keep up with the miles and calculate it monthly to get a good accurate average,
Sponsored

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The computer lies! Just filled up this morning. My math puts me at 24.5 mpg. The computer 26.3.
IMG_9539.png
IMG_9540.jpeg
Mine is consistently off by about 1 mpg...close enough.

Owl

Base
First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White Wrangler JK, White Bronco Base 2Dr
Your Bronco Model
Base
I get 22 all the time with my 2Dr base with OBX tires on it... after I do the tire-size re-calculations. Of course that's with the 3.73 gearing.

And that's on a 100 mile round-trip that goes up about 1500 feet... and then down the same.

AND... using crummy California gas!

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2019 Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I recently purchased a 2023 WT with 8500 miles on it. The average mpg on the dash said 19.3. I decided to reset it and after a 25 mile round trip it says 22.3. Whatā€™s up with that?
It will change, I drove 1000 miles the first week we owned ours for an event. Was getting a tad over 19 one way running about 75-85 and 17 coming back running the same speed. Conditions and driving habits will cause it to fluctuate and once the computer hits the average after so many miles it will continue to update after so many miles

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2019 Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I reset mine at the top of a one mile hill and roll down without pressing the gas, it says I get 75mpgā€™s.

I reset it again, this time going up the same one mile hill, and it says 10 mpgā€™s.

Do you see how neither is an accurate measurement of what mpg I will get after 5000 miles of driving?

Thatā€™s what you did in a less exaggerated way. Thatā€™s whatā€™s up with that.
Sounds like you have it set for ā€œinstant MPGā€ with the scale. Those fluctuate every time you touch the gas or let off. That fluctuation is what calculates the average. My recommendation is to ignore the instant screen. šŸ‘šŸ˜āœŒ

Sponsored

MileHighCitizen

Badlands
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2D 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sounds like you have it set for ā€œinstant MPGā€ with the scale. Those fluctuate every time you touch the gas or let off. That fluctuation is what calculates the average. My recommendation is to ignore the instant screen. šŸ‘šŸ˜āœŒ
Iā€™m gonna let you in on a secretā€¦I made that whole story up to help OP understand the concept.

Personally, I didnā€™t buy the Bronco for its gas mileage and donā€™t care what it getsā€¦I measure its value in Smiles per Mile.

swmetal

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C8 vette
Your Bronco Model
Base
I've got a base with manual. I regularly get 26-27 MPG on the highway at 70 MPH (flat and at sea level). I decided to try drafting on a 20 mile stretch and got an average for that 20 miles of 35 MPG - crazy how much wind resistance affects the Bronco mileage.

Yes, I know that's using the trip gauge, and yes its only 20 miles, etc.

Dirtrider

Black Diamond
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
And realize that when you reset that, the history begins again....I'm now about to finish year two, about 19k....and I drive with eye of mpg, sorry...getting about 23 now with summer blends! A little of it on highway. When we head to So Dakota next week, hoping for 19...we'll see.
BD, 6, 10 speed, stock tires, 41 psi.
On my 4D, 2022 BD, 2.3 l, MT, Stock tires, ~11,000 miles I've never reset the 'B' trip meter and it shows 21.9 MPG average for the entire 11,000 miles. I reset the 'A' trip meter and mileage monitor at fill up and I typically get that (+/- obviously) on my normal driving. I don't drive it hard and seldom over 70 mph and I've used premium fuel for about half of the miles so far. Mileage drops significantly over ~60-65mph, understandably, since the Bronco has the aerodynamics of a brick :)

1st 75th ranger

Black Diamond
First Name
jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford bronco bd 4 dr sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I recently purchased a 2023 WT with 8500 miles on it. The average mpg on the dash said 19.3. I decided to reset it and after a 25 mile round trip it says 22.3. Whatā€™s up with that?
mine just kept getting better until about 2500 miles on od at est 21/22 i got k&n full air intake and full borla touring exhaust and it went to 23/24 i even hit 26 a couple of time but that was probably a tail wind lol

Rhinomanj

Raptor
First Name
Me
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I have a 2024 Raptor... 10k miles, I get 14.5mph when I drive it, 13mph when my wife drives it :)

Sponsored

Shazamalingo

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX SAS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Did you drive downhill? šŸ˜‚

bbeverag

Outer Banks
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5G Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I like to get up to 80mph, reset the MPG, and then coast to a stop. It makes me feel especially good about my carbon footprint for about 2 minutes.

KD4RHO

Base
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Base-squatch - commute around an hour each day and live near limited-access highways and don't drive much if any on the weekends - cruise at/near speed limit and get around 21-22. Not terrible but the small gas tank chaps my hide...

HPNQ420

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco, '19 GTI, '88 R100GS, HPN BMW G/S
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If you havenā€™t calibrated the meter it is likely very optimistic. Calculate mileage by hand then adjust. Online F-150 instructions work.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

On my 4D, 2022 BD, 2.3 l, MT, Stock tires, ~11,000 miles I've never reset the 'B' trip meter and it shows 21.9 MPG average for the entire 11,000 miles. I reset the 'A' trip meter and mileage monitor at fill up and I typically get that (+/- obviously) on my normal driving. I don't drive it hard and seldom over 70 mph and I've used premium fuel for about half of the miles so far. Mileage drops significantly over ~60-65mph, understandably, since the Bronco has the aerodynamics of a brick :)
Update: 2500 miles to So Dakota and back, maybe 100 on the prairie dog grounds...avg. 19 on highway at 70 mph give or take. I'm ok with that.
Sponsored