First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm getting about 22mpg last 3 tanks since I retired. I get way better mpg on rolling rural roads driving between 40-50mph than I do on the highway driving 65-70mph.

I have a auto 2.3L Badlands SAS.
Same here. 2 door Base Sas with 2.7. Overall average after 10K miles is 22.6. Even with that it's expensive and requires frequent fill ups. I cannot afford to drive it with that MPG for my work commute, which is 70 miles a day. I use a Mazda Miata instead, which gets 37.3. Even that is fairly expensive and requires frequent fill ups. I hope to keep the Bronco when I retire in a year, driving much less.
Sponsored

Dialtone

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend Mid
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I kind of don't trust the mpg calculation the Bronco makes. On my last road trip it seemed like some 40 miles were missing as I looked at what it said, and added the miles gone to miles to empty. Probably best to calculate at the pump with what you put in for gas and the miles gone...
You didn't mention if you are running OEM tire sizes. That will make a difference. On our BB bone stock the read MPG vs hand calculated MPG is ~.2 MPG. Well within any margin of error.
We get around 19 mostly city and 22+ highway. Pretty flat terrain. No roof rack. OEM tire pressures (until I can see wear patterns that might indicate a need for change) Stock 255 75 17s. As others have noted that highway MPG drops sharply over 75 MPH. We only have about 2100 miles on the vehicle so I hope that'll bump up a bit after some more break in miles.
Not saying you're wrong. I'm more just curious if and how much difference tire size may make.

Bill K

Big Bend
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Big Bend 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

You didn't mention if you are running OEM tire sizes. That will make a difference. On our BB bone stock the read MPG vs hand calculated MPG is ~.2 MPG. Well within any margin of error.
We get around 19 mostly city and 22+ highway. Pretty flat terrain. No roof rack. OEM tire pressures (until I can see wear patterns that might indicate a need for change) Stock 255 75 17s. As others have noted that highway MPG drops sharply over 75 MPH. We only have about 2100 miles on the vehicle so I hope that'll bump up a bit after some more break in miles.
Not saying you're wrong. I'm more just curious if and how much difference tire size may make.
Am running with stock tires and door recommended air pressure. Do have a roof rack, and have the 2.3L. Can't say I wasn't breaking 75 MPH on the drive - likely was pretty closed to that cause I'm driving here in Texas and our speed limits are pretty high. Not unhappy with the mileage (it is a brick going down the road afterall), just wish the calculation was a little more accurate and agreed with the miles used, miles to empty and my 17 gallon fuel tank...

Dialtone

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend Mid
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Am running with stock tires and door recommended air pressure. Do have a roof rack, and have the 2.3L. Can't say I wasn't breaking 75 MPH on the drive - likely was pretty closed to that cause I'm driving here in Texas and our speed limits are pretty high. Not unhappy with the mileage (it is a brick going down the road afterall), just wish the calculation was a little more accurate and agreed with the miles used, miles to empty and my 17 gallon fuel tank...
Awesome, thanks. Gives me a better grasp on "normal" mileage we can expect.

Dirtrider

Black Diamond
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Base-squatch - commute around an hour each day and live near limited-access highways and don't drive much if any on the weekends - cruise at/near speed limit and get around 21-22. Not terrible but the small gas tank chaps my hide...
Larger fuel tank is one advantage of the 4dr.
Sponsored