Ladyinbluebronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

😂… yes. Don’t be. Haha. They show the stats on the dash & show the settings. Speed/MPG, etc. ps… your emoji made me laugh 😂

BadlandsCable

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I did a little test
Black Diamond
Soft top
4 DR
non-SAS
Running 91 octane from Costco
Country road (5 mile test)
55-60 mph
55 mph with cruise control
60 mph no cruise
4A (four-wheel drive Automatic)
MPG fluctuated between 19.9-25.8 on Normal mode

Ps… I’ve noticed that running 91 octane I get better mpg over 87

Ford Bronco MPG test in Normal mode 75B6F3D7-5C16-4891-981F-376CCEADC221
When I get a chance to make it by Costco I will fill up with 91 octane also and visibly see a difference of 1-1.5 mpg.

Sponsored

SPITmadFIRE

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m guessing you reset your MPG right before doing these “tests”? The average is fluctuating wildly after only a few tenths of a mile…

The non cruise control screenshots are also all above 40+ current mpg, usually that means you’re coasting. Not really sure what we’re supposed to gather from these.

OP
OP

Ladyinbluebronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

When I get a chance to make it by Costco I will fill up with 91 octane also and visibly see a difference of 1-1.5 mpg.
Yes. Let me know. As I’m only on like my 6th tank of gas and only twice used the 91 octane.
Tried the 89 at BP but was more expensive than the 91 at Costco and the 87 I used on the first couple of tanks. My mpg was way lower (in the 15 range) on the 87 and I was really worried as I’m using it for my business and doing a lot of driving.

OP
OP

Ladyinbluebronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’m guessing you reset your MPG right before doing these “tests”? The average is fluctuating wildly after only a few tenths of a mile…

The non cruise control screenshots are also all above 40+ current mpg, usually that means you’re coasting. Not really sure what we’re supposed to gather from these.
Yes. I reset it first. So I’ve been getting on average of 15 mpg on the 87 octane and have twice filled up with higher octanes. I drive these roads often. I’ve never seen these numbers this high. Seen a couple of different videos on mpg and thought I’d test mine out. Just sharing what my settings were to see if others have the same results. I’m my opinion these are great numbers based on the settings I had. I drove all day with consistent mpg. Maybe this could help others too?

HeHateMe

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hyundai Palisade
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yeah...

tenor.gif

Sponsored

SPITmadFIRE

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes. I reset it first. So I’ve been getting on average of 15 mpg on the 87 octane and have twice filled up with higher octanes. I drive these roads often. I’ve never seen these numbers this high. Seen a couple of different videos on mpg and thought I’d test mine out. Just sharing what my settings were to see if others have the same results. I’m my opinion these are great numbers based on the settings I had. I drove all day with consistent mpg. Maybe this could help others too?
if you reset it right before seeing those “averages” it’s because they’re averaged over a very short period of time. I’m assuming you reset the MPG after you got up to speed, and didn’t let it equalize over 10-20 miles of normal driving. I get about 16-18mpg In my badlands on 91, but if I reset the gauge on the highway and took a picture a mile later, it would say 28mpg.

SPITmadFIRE

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The best way to measure real MPG is to fill your tank all the way up, and note the mileage you had while doing it. Then, drive for at least half a tank or so. Then, fill the tank all the way up again and jot down the new mileage. Divide the change in mileage by how many gallons that second fill up took. Resetting the mpg gauge and “measuring” it over short distances will never be accurate.
Sponsored