Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 fx4 eco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So the ride from Granger to the mountains of Colorado was great. It's gonna be a perfect tripper.

Most of the run from Iowa to Denver was posted at 75. I held with traffic at 80 to 81 mph on cruise control ECO for the vast majority of that. Roughly 6 hours averaging 19mpg.

I had one 11 mile construction section on i80 where I ran at 65mph. Trip A showed me 26mpg for that stretch.

The last 54 miles over the Front Range had more traffic, variable speeds and ~5000 feet of elevation gain. I set trip B, ran at 60 to 65mph, Normal mode for better traffic response and surprisingly got 20mpg.

In short, I'm delighted with the efficiency. At 80mph, the engine was at 22 to 2300 rpm, and the turbos only lightly boosting. But 65mph is gonna be a sweet spot for mpg I think.

All that, and still 330hp/400tq on tap.

The ride is quite good, and the MGV seats are righteous. This coming week it'll see some Gunnison and Moab stuff.

First tank was whatever the dealer filled it with. Subsequent fills were 91 octane. Tire Psi 40 pounds.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP
OP
paxfish

paxfish

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 fx4 eco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well, after a run South to Conundrum (backpacking), Silverton, Durango, Page AZ, slight bit of Moab, and a couple of trails around Frisco, we're finding no failures thus far. We've had a chance to check out many of the Badlands features.

Trail turn assist really knocks out tight switchbacks.
Trail control, a feature I thought I would not use, is quite handy.
Locked front and rear, the truck is on rails. Total confidence.
20psi, sway bar disconnected and those great shocks yield a ridiculously smooth ride on babyheads and bigger.
Android Auto is great.
Fuel consumption is also - 18.5 at 82 mph interstate, 20.5 overall.
TPMS values are about 8psi higher than my meters. Gotta figure out which is more accurate.

Here's a bit of Saint's John Trail. Decent articulation at 14 seconds.

[youtube]
Sponsored