crawl_soever

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The day has finally arrived! My Black Diamond MT build was delivered this past week. I am super excited since it's my first new vehicle purchase ever and the experience is exhilerating! I went with the Manual transmission this build and I was a bit worried at first that I would have trouble getting used to driving it. I have only driven stick a few times before on a friend's vehicle and it was a rough time for me then. Now I am happy to say I am getting quite comfortable getting into first and cruising around after a few days. The main concern was getting into first but after practice I can say it is certainly doable for anybody wishing to dive into the world of manual. The main thing I learned early on is to take it slow and practice stop-starting in a parking lot or something and build up from there. It took me some repetition to build up confidence. I stalled a few times in traffic on my first day and just have to ignore what people might think and take it slow. Thinking of the mechanical connection to the engine via clutch really helped me to understand what my action of releasing the clutch peddle was actually doing. This mental visualization has made me build confidence in the machine and overall controlling the gearbox. As a manual transmission noob and millennial (haha) I say this with integrity, that I am genuially happy I went with this option and encourage you to consider it as well!

All in all, I am super happy I went with this build and I really enjoy the utility of the vehicle. Taking the doggo out and the marine grade seats are a real winner here. once I get more experience on the gears I plan to do some camping trips and put it to the tests in some offroad adventure!
Sponsored

Last edited:

Haze74

Black Diamond
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti Q50s Red Sport, Ford F-350 XLT 6.0L
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have a Black Diamond with the manual and love it! It’s got the typical trans noise unfortunately, but still would’ve go on the same route. I even traded in my Infiniti Q50 Red Sport to get into my bronco and have no regrets about that at all. Kudos to you going with the manual transmission too!

GI_Jo_Nathan

Black Diamond
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Iconic Silver 2dr Manual Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Sponsored

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Pics??

GI_Jo_Nathan

Black Diamond
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Thanks all! This is a great community! And yes the shirt above looks sick!

Pics? You got it! 😄

1685851696757.jpeg
Beautiful!
2 door Black Diamond's are the best!

20230429_092010.jpg

GI_Jo_Nathan

Black Diamond
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My 100 lb Pittie/Mastiff would disagree with you; he thinks the 4 door BD w/MT is the best!

IMG_0247.jpg
Well I'm not gonna BD the one to argue with him! 😂

Sponsored

Ziemann

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Ford Bronco 2-Door 2.3 MT
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Congratulations- there are too few people willing to try a manual for the first time! I think it's awesome.
I am one of the few people remaining that will ONLY purchase a manuals, and obviously the choices in the US vehicle market are limited- the few, the proud.....
I applaud your willingness and hope you have a ton of fun with your Bronco!

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
The day has finally arrived! My Black Diamond MT build was delivered this past week. I am super excited since it's my first new vehicle purchase ever and the experience is exhilerating! I went with the Manual transmission this build and I was a bit worried at first that I would have trouble getting used to driving it. I have only driven stick a few times before on a friend's vehicle and it was a rough time for me then. Now I am happy to say I am getting quite comfortable getting into first and cruising around after a few days. The main concern was getting into first but after practice I can say it is certainly doable for anybody wishing to dive into the world of manual. The main thing I learned early on is to take it slow and practice stop-starting in a parking lot or something and build up from there. It took me some repetition to build up confidence. I stalled a few times in traffic on my first day and just have to ignore what people might think and take it slow. Thinking of the mechanical connection to the engine via clutch really helped me to understand what my action of releasing the clutch peddle was actually doing. This mental visualization has made me build confidence in the machine and overall controlling the gearbox. As a manual transmission noob and millennial (haha) I say this with integrity, that I am genuially happy I went with this option and encourage you to consider it as well!

All in all, I am super happy I went with this build and I really enjoy the utility of the vehicle. Taking the doggo out and the marine grade seats are a real winner here. once I get more experience on the gears I plan to do some camping trips and put it to the tests in some offroad adventure!
So glad you're enjoying your new Bronco. Thank you for being part of the Ford Family!