A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 OBX 2dr.
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I've tried my 4A out before (twice) when it has been rainy, and when my car has been on dry roads in Sport Mode (automatically goes to 4A).
Tried again tonight and when I turn it kinda grinds like it would if it was in 4H (not even full wheel lock turns).
I previously had an explorer that had 4A and it never acted like this.
Last time I posted about this in another thread people told me it was because of wet roads.
I have a '22 OBX with advanced4x4(optioned) and I don't think it should be acting like this.
Any thoughts? Should I get it looked at?
Just seems very odd that this would be an intended reaction from the transmission, especially within Sport Mode.
Sponsored

Last edited:

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Others have reported this as well not normal, get it checked out. Some have said it's the 4x4 module??? Try searching this forum. Look for 4a in titles.

Last edited:
OP
OP
FleshTuxedo

FleshTuxedo

Outer Banks
First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 OBX 2dr.
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thank ya! I have searched, but when you search the keywords a million other things come up.
I also have posted in other threads with people telling me that's how 4A works :rolleyes:.
I'll contact the dealer early next week and see what's up. Not expecting much though.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Watch you power distribution screen as you are turning and see what it is doing in regards to the front axle...may give you some insight.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I’m curious to see how those transfer cases hold up over the years. I know they’ve been in other vehicles in the past. I guess I’m a simpleton.

I made a bad joke in another thread - but, can’t help but post it here. Even the DMV realizes the standard transfer case as a 4x4. The Advanced 4x4 are considered AWD like some sort of Subaru.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs