First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Old-Timey Bicycle
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you enable the Power Distribution visual on your dash, you can see when power is applied to 2 wheels vs. 4 wheels. I find that 4A engages all 4 wheels at all times of acceleration and cornering. If you're just maintaining freeway speed, power will only be applied to the rear wheels. Give it the slightest touch on the accelerator though and all 4 wheels engage.

4A can be used all the time and at all speeds, and I often forget it on, however, I do try to use it only when roads are wet or if I'm in Sport mode. You can engage and disengage 4A at any speed.
Oh cool, I didn't realize the system was even more active than I thought. Good info.
Sponsored

BillysMom

Base
First Name
Jetta
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco & some motorcycles
Your Bronco Model
Base
I had an earlier version of this 4A in a body on frame Explorer, its basically really useful in snow, and loose or varied surfaces at higher speeds. I tend to do a bit of spirited driving on curvy roads in anything i can and I found it useful with that truck in those situations too. In a way its like adding something similar to audi/subaru style awd to a traditional 4x4.

It's actually the central feature for me choosing a Sasquatch package, I really wish i could just choose this transfer case on an otherwise base bronco but alas that is not something ford is willing to do at that trim.

UtahBrandon

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.puravidaoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
a number of classics and my 4dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model