Reaction score
Website
www.sparkherd.com
Vehicle(s)
Lifelong Ford guy.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Apologize in advance for the photo diary and recap.

And then this happened...
I was chased down by a road rager that I learned later, was apparently pissed off because I had an American flag spare tire cover (not being political, it is the reason he gave the police. just a fact). He shot at me several times before passing me and then spinning around coming at me head on. I tried to veer out of the way but connected with his Tacoma at a glancing blow sending him on his roof. Luckily I was on the line with 911 during the entire episode and the police arrived immediately to arrest him.

1711729333671-9i.jpg
Strange...I usually only see that kind of activity when I wave at Jeep drivers...

Jo.S.

First Name
Jo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Wow glad you are ok.

Sponsored

JeffL.

Big Bend
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Big Bend 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
WOW! crazy story, glad you are ok and the new wheels look great.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was set to testify against him but I was later informed he took a plea deal in Federal court. He was on probation for several Federal felonies involving drugs and guns and once he got caught after this incident and charged with attempted murder, firearms charges, possession of stolen firearms (there were several in his truck) he was looking at 60 years. I was told he won't see the light of day for the remainder of my likely life span.
excellent. Glad you made it out okay and nice to see your ride restored. The world we live in now is insane with such little value placed on life.

OP
OP
Anvilair1973

Anvilair1973

Base
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 2 door and 1994 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

An Easter weekend Resurrection story. I am happy for you and so glad that you have your ride back better than ever!
Thanks! Love the analogy! BTW thanks for your service. The bride and I have 2 Coastie sons currently serving.

Sponsored

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Letā€™s not get this thread nuked over political mud slinging, OPā€™s saga is shocking, but had a happy ending.
Itā€™s a shame what things have devolved to out there but we all can be above it, regardless of which side of the right to self defense ideal we stand on.
Keep it classy.
As adults we should be able to have a different perspective but not choose that hill to die on in this thread, on a forum full of (mostly) strangers.
Some of the best people Iā€™ve had the pleasure to meet from this forum share a different belief or political affiliation.
doesnā€™t mean you canā€™t be reasonable and share some common B6G ground.

thesocalexplorer

Big Bend
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I remember reading your other post. What a crazy experience! Can't imagine how long that wait must have been. I was getting stir crazy at 3 weeks when I was rear ended & waiting on a tailgate to be sourced. Cheers.
Sponsored