Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 2 door and 1994 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Update: Spent tonight adding the Rough Country Bull Bar, 4 four inch LED spots and Braptor lights

Apologize in advance for the photo diary and recap.

I got my 2022 Base MT new off the lot back in January of 2023. It was pure bliss and many wonderful memories were made while we bonded.

Ford Bronco My Baby is Finally Home... After Being Shot at and Crashed 1711726925969-bt

We took many trips and enjoyed the summer mostly topless as I pondered what mods or accessories to buy in order to make her my own. Weather Tech matts were added, RC neoprene seat covers, hood struts, side steps, 2 different shaded tops for when the top was off to protect the wife, who had finally begun to fall in love with Bronco life... life was good!

Ford Bronco My Baby is Finally Home... After Being Shot at and Crashed 1711727935325-wf

Ford Bronco My Baby is Finally Home... After Being Shot at and Crashed 1711727965893-8x

And then this happened.....

Ford Bronco My Baby is Finally Home... After Being Shot at and Crashed 1711728221556-1a

I was chased down by a road rager that I learned later, was apparently pissed off because I had an American flag spare tire cover (not being political, it is the reason he gave the police. just a fact). He shot at me several times before passing me and then spinning around coming at me head on. I tried to veer out of the way but connected with his Tacoma at a glancing blow sending him on his roof. Luckily I was on the line with 911 during the entire episode and the police arrived immediately to arrest him.

Ford Bronco My Baby is Finally Home... After Being Shot at and Crashed 1711729333671-9i

The Broncos frame was damaged severely as well as every single engine component forward of the block itself.

She was badly wounded and placed on a flat bed bound for the scrap yard.... but wait, there was a chance! She was not totaled after close examination by the insurance adjuster. The airbags had not deployed and amazingly a new frame only ran about $4500 on this machine. So off to the autobody shop she went... And as luck would have it, the auto union strike started right on time. Fast forward almost 7 months later and my baby finally came home!

Ford Bronco My Baby is Finally Home... After Being Shot at and Crashed 1711730112705-ca

The shop did an amazing job and even went out of their way to have not 1 but 2 Ford dealers sign of on and inspect the repairs to make sure my baby was good to go! During the 7 months without her, I had decided on a few modifications, nothing to crazy and mostly bolt on products, the first of which was new rims and tires and a mild audio upgrade consisting of swapping out the dash and rear pod speakers with Polk Audio 2 ways. The speaker swap actually made a HUGE difference! I scored these takeoffs for under $500 and put them on the day I got her back. And needless to say, the 7 month wait led to several other items being ordered and piled up in the garage.

Ford Bronco My Baby is Finally Home... After Being Shot at and Crashed 1711730389484-uc

I will update this thread as I begin other installs and give my opinion on the product quality/ installation difficulty. It is so good to have her home. Since I now have a horrific Carfax I am keeping her for the long haul and will continue to improve her one step at a time.
Thanks for reading and have a great weekend.

Sponsored

Last edited:

Bronc6g22

Badlands
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 6, Tacoma TRDOR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Damn! Glad you are OK. Sounds like a movie scene.

Good news is plenty of Broncos out there on the lots once you get insurance dealt with.

Rick66

Big Bend
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150(sold), S197 GT C/S (sold) 22 2DR BB EG SAS V6
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
For those who may have missed it, there is another more detailed thread of the road rage incident, somewhere. (If I remember correctly).

Big question is, however.....

Yea or Neah on the same spare tire carrier? (Too soon? 🤷‍♂️)

Glad you were unharmed during that rather terrifying incident, and great news that you got your Base back, since they are no longer an available option. Enjoy it!

widnere12

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

The spare tire cover would have been the very first thing to go back on for me

Sponsored

the poacher

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ford ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wow, that is one crazy story regarding the road rage. I assume you were in the U.S., so really strange that what set the nutbar off was your US flag tire cover. Hopefully, he is locked up for many years. If you have any insights into his status, let us all know. Great to see your Bronco lived to see another day!

OP
OP
Anvilair1973

Anvilair1973

Base
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

For those who may have missed it, there is another more detailed thread of the road rage incident, somewhere. (If I remember correctly).

Big question is, however.....

Yea or Neah on the same spare tire carrier? (Too soon? 🤷‍♂️)

Glad you were unharmed during that rather terrifying incident, and great news that you got your Base back, since they are no longer an available option. Enjoy it!
😂 I went with this one instead 😉

Baja Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco, 20 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

WOW, what a story, glad you’re OK, and the Bronco survived, and was born again, so to speak.

These road rage people, just unbelievable! To get aggravated over nothing (not meaning the Flag), but nothing. Traffic jams, accidents, red lights, shitty drivers. They’re out there, deal with it, we all do.

OP
OP
Anvilair1973

Anvilair1973

Base
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

What happened to the road rage guy? hopefully multiple felonies and locked away for a long time.
I was set to testify against him but I was later informed he took a plea deal in Federal court. He was on probation for several Federal felonies involving drugs and guns and once he got caught after this incident and charged with attempted murder, firearms charges, possession of stolen firearms (there were several in his truck) he was looking at 60 years. I was told he won't see the light of day for the remainder of my likely life span.

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Wow, what a story! Glad you are OK and got your Bronco back. And the crazy nutball that caused this. Lock him up for a long time......it's crazy when you think of how many crazed people are out there these days......

Sponsored

Skwatch

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Wildtrak, 22 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Glad you are OK...that is crazy! Happy you got your Bronco back!!! Happy wheeling.

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Apologize in advance for the photo diary and recap.

I got my 2022 Base MT new off the lot back in January of 2023. It was pure bliss and many wonderful memories were made while we bonded.

Ford Bronco My Baby is Finally Home... After Being Shot at and Crashed IMG_7761

We took many trips and enjoyed the summer mostly topless as I pondered what mods or accessories to buy in order to make her my own. Weather Tech matts were added, RC neoprene seat covers, hood struts, side steps, 2 different shaded tops for when the top was off to protect the wife, who had finally begun to fall in love with Bronco life... life was good!

And then this happened.....

I was chased down by a road rager that I learned later, was apparently pissed off because I had an American flag spare tire cover. He shot at me several times before passing me and then spinning around coming at me head on. I tried to veer out of the way but connected with his Tacoma at a glancing blow sending him on his roof. Luckily I was on the line with 911 during the entire episode and the police arrived immediately to arrest him.

The Broncos frame was damaged severely as well as every single engine component forward of the block itself.

She was badly wounded and placed on a flat bed bound for the scrap yard.... but wait, there was a chance! She was not totaled after close examination by the insurance adjuster. The airbags had not deployed and amazingly a new frame only ran about $4500 on this machine. So off to the autobody shop she went... And as luck would have it, the auto union strike started right on time. Fast forward almost 7 months later and my baby finally came home!

The shop did an amazing job and even went out of their way to have not 1 but 2 Ford dealers sign of on and inspect the repairs to make sure my baby was good to go! During the 7 months without her, I had decided on a few modifications, nothing to crazy and mostly bolt on products, the first of which was new rims and tires and a mild audio upgrade consisting of swapping out the dash and rear pod speakers with Polk Audio 2 ways. The speaker swap actually made a HUGE difference! I scored these takeoffs for under $500 and put them on the day I got her back. And needless to say, the 7 month wait led to several other items being ordered and piled up in the garage.

I will update this thread as I begin other installs and give my opinion on the product quality/ installation difficulty. It is so good to have her home. Since I now have a horrific Carfax I am keeping her for the long haul and will continue to improve her one step at a time.
Thanks for reading and have a great weekend.
Good use of OBX take-offs! Glad you survived, that's pretty traumatic.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Wow! That's a hell of a story. 😲

Ford Bronco My Baby is Finally Home... After Being Shot at and Crashed 1711742028832-y1