Sponsored

My Bronco has inadvertently made me a better driver.

Amcole1984

Big Bend
First Name
Amber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 door Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Before I had my Bronco I drove a Kia Soul for 12 years. That thing was so small and zippy. I would floor it in sport mode everywhere I went, whipping around traffic, wasting gas all willy nilly. And even driving pedal to the metal, I would fill up maybe once every 2 weeks. Got like 400 miles to a tank in that thing. Now having this gas guzzling beast, I find myself driving in eco mode, shifting to the next gear as soon as possible and just taking my time chilling in the middle lane, not really trying to pass anyone. I rarely drive in the left lane anymore and before, that was literally the only lane I would drive in.
Sponsored

ProdigyJKU

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Before I had my Bronco I drove a Kia Soul for 12 years. That thing was so small and zippy. I would floor it in sport mode everywhere I went, whipping around traffic, wasting gas all willy nilly. And even driving pedal to the metal, I would fill up maybe once every 2 weeks. Got like 400 miles to a tank in that thing. Now having this gas guzzling beast, I find myself driving in eco mode, shifting to the next gear as soon as possible and just taking my time chilling in the middle lane, not really trying to pass anyone. I rarely drive in the left lane anymore and before, that was literally the only lane I would drive in.
I tried that initially, but now I just stay in the right lane getting 14mpg cruising at 80 in the left lane. It is a blast in the city, manual trans and a suprisingly peppy 2.3L, quite fun to zip around in.

Smiles per gallon, not miles.

So happy I went with the 2.3/7sp, makes for an entertaining ride

sgraing1

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond.A Bunch More Junk.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
What if gas was $2.45 a gallon? Would you be driving more aggressively?

iamchewby

Badlands
First Name
Chewby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, I used to drive my truck like most assholes with trucks. 85 in the left lane with my finger on stand-by... now I drive all sensible and stuff. Not because of gas mileage, it gets better mileage than my truck did... but because I love it and I don't want anything bad to ever happen to it 😂

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
When my Bronco arrives, fuel will cost me about 19 cents/mile. My current daily driver Tesla costs me less than 4 cents a mile which converted would be $.50 per gallon. I can't wait to burn some fossil fuel and won't be taking it easy with the right foot. :)
Sponsored