Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, landcuiser x2, suburban, 72 alfa, JD 2032r
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This is a great thread. More plz.
It is best for you to try this in the wild.
Confusing jeep drivers is fun.
Watching g-wagon drivers go full indignant is joy.
Your mileage may vary
Sponsored

JeebusCripes

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘94 M998, ‘89 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I still wave because I’ve been a jeep person for the past 20+ years. As soon as I could afford my first car I picked up a 1990 YJ. Had it up until Covid when I upgraded to an old humvee. I will often save to a jeep riding around w no doors. But if they have an angry grille I can’t even look at them. I’ll wave back too if I get a wave. I love all doorless vehicles.

stickshifthappy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, 65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You should start a new thread asking that. Might even be a cool idea if we - as Bronco owners - did this too.

Joking aside, the ducks are left on Jeeps to signify someone likes your vehicle. It’s a sensitive subject here on B6G…

Oh I love ducks..... that's why I like to hunt, and kill 'em !!

Cobrafang

Wildtrak
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So I have been thinking about putting the you been bucked things from amazon on the jeep. Just to see what started to happen my the area. Of course I would still put them on broncos also. Maybe if I am caught they will start to put ducks on my bronco.......more BB gun targets. Not a bad deal.

Saltwater Junkie

Outer Banks
First Name
Sir Fishin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 7.3 F350, 22 7.3 F350, 23 2.7 BRONCO OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

We live in cotton/peanut/tobacco/corn field country,most here still wave regardless of what your driving. The waving slows the closer you get to Richmond.

On a more serious note,here's me returning the ducks to their rightful habitat .
Ford Bronco My parents raised me better than this… 9848c444-ec3c-4cc5-91d9-55c1437f2cda-bKInd-

Sponsored

Taltyman

Raptor
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep wrangler Rubicon, Ford F350, Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

It’s funny to read a jeep guy had to tell you it wasn’t a bronco. I can’t even count how many times jeepers waved to me while driving my FJ40 around. Tons of times I’d be getting out at the grocery store and I’d hear “nice jeep!”. I never corrected anyone because I didn’t care but it’s funny to hear some are so sensitive.
If you see my avatar of my old Scout you can understand all the nice Bronco comments from people. We went from Bronco to Jeep to FJ and back to Jeep and with the 80's Bronco no one waved, not much waving with the 2000 Jeep, most FJ owners were mall crawling drivers so not much waving then, with our 2016 Rubicon lots of waving. When our Braptor gets here (if ever) will see.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
If they say it with a lowercase "j" it is generic and not brand-specific
True, sometimes "jeep" is used as generic for any of this genre of vehicles. Land Rovers were sometimes called a jeep. I recall there was an episode of Doctor Who where The Brigadier or some other character refers to getting in a "jeep", and they hop into a Series Land Rover.

Rspayde

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 C/O Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My parents have Jeeps and the Bronco. I only wave at them if they are in the Bronco and we drive by each other. If they are in the Jeeps they get a nice stiff middle finger out the window.

Blackcat

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD BRONCO BASE 2 DOOR M/T
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

In my Bronco, I do not waive at Jeeps. However, If I'm driving my wife's Wrangler when she's in it, I do a really obnoxious, over the top wave to other Jeeps as it embarrasses the sh*t out of her.

Sponsored

Wardognal

Outer Banks
First Name
Orville
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Chevy Silverado 2500
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

You should start a new thread asking that. Might even be a cool idea if we - as Bronco owners - did this too.

Joking aside, the ducks are left on Jeeps to signify someone likes your vehicle. It’s a sensitive subject here on B6G…
Man , I didn’t even notice the ducks, but my wife did. She kept asking me about the ducks, but didn’t even know what she was talking about. I never pay attention to anything going on in the cab of other rides. Yesterday we were riding together, which we rarely do, and she pointed out ducks on the dash of a passing Jeep. And ask me again about the ducks. I was at a loss. But now I can tell her what the ducks are all about. Thanks for the info.

76to22

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

They start to blend in when there are as many of them as F150's on the road. Can't wave if I don't notice 'em.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I wave at whatever I like, no matter what it is or what I'm driving.
+1. I wave or give thumbs up to most any older 4x4s on the road, as a show of appreciation. There is a shared comradery - turning a wrench and knowing what it can take keeping those rolling.

In contrast anyone can buy a new Wrangler/Bronco/whatever, maybe there is not much in common, but I'll generally wave back.

The rivalries? After 1977 Ford went MIA in the open-top 4x4 genre. Glad Ford is finally back in the game and I like my new Bronco, but thank god for Jeep. I've had way too much fun and adventures in Jeeps to turn my nose up at them now that I also have a Bronco.
Sponsored