Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

2018 Raptor had a very bouncy ride around town due to that soft suspension. Especially, annoying when turning and hitting road bumps. How does bounciness compare between the two?
Sponsored

OP
OP
m82492

m82492

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bicycle - FE Order Cancelled
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
2018 Raptor had a very bouncy ride around town due to that soft suspension. Especially, annoying when turning and hitting road bumps. How does bounciness compare between the two?
Oh man I know exactly what you mean. First time I drove the 2018 F150 Raptor I was going 75 down the highway and hit a seam leading up to a bridge and I thought the backend was going to fly out into the other lane. I’ve felt nothing like that in the Brap. It is a MUCH smoother ride than a Jeep. It handles the bumps very well. Not nearly as bouncy as the F150 version.

'18 M2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Warthog
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
No hard top rattle here but have not had it off yet either. Only took the front sections off so far.
Confirmed that Aux 1 controls the spots. Here are some pics of the covers and lights.

Sub woofer rattle has been fixed. Had to take the sub out and insulate behind it. It was actually hitting up against the body of the vehicle when certain songs were played with some thump.

5B28E4B8-45AC-469C-8084-543A8314BF0C.jpeg

AA6F3207-3DFF-4F16-B0B3-763F1ACBEFA0.jpeg
I’m not a mechanic and am way out of my lane here but it looks like you’re leaking spot light fluid. Might want to check the gasket.

OP
OP
m82492

m82492

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
How much out the door?
Paid MSRP ended up being just shy of $82k. No markup because they code 99d my original FE order. Dealer held up their end of the deal for sure.

Sponsored
OP
OP
m82492

m82492

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I’m not a mechanic and am way out of my lane here but it looks like you’re leaking spot light fluid. Might want to check the gasket.
Will have to check if it’s dry tomorrow. Just got back from the dealer when I took this and they detailed it. Might have had some water in the cap from washing. At least I hope that’s what it is:unsure:

computertom

Raptor
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'80 911SC, '22 Raptor, & '22 R1T
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Yes, there are top issues, though it does appear many have been fixed. That said, top off, doors off - nothing on or off road will look as good as a Bronco Raptor. This thing is epic. Well done Ford. We’ll done.

Last edited:

Losy

Raptor
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 1 Raptor, GL63, S7
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Would be great to see some pics of the exterior. A51 on the BRaptor looked great on the youtube videos.

Porque No

Raptor
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Hummer, 2001 Viper, 2011 CTS-V, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Yeah, figured that out last night!
It is Aux 1. I figured this out because I was installing ditch lights and different pocket lights. On the firewall where there is supposed to be 6 pre-wires going to the Aux switches, you will only find 5.

Sponsored

Bronco2025

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Got my vehicle last week and took it on several long trips already. Absolutely love the vehicle. Drives much better than anticipated. All I have to compare it to is my current 2018 Jeep Wrangler 4 door Sahara and the 2018 F-150 Raptor I owned previously. It is MUCH smoother on the road that the Jeep. Really no comparison. It doesn't have as much power as the F150 Raptor had but it has a very familiar feel and sound to it. I'm very happy with the acceleration and how smoothly it shifts and responds. There is just so much I could write. Open to any specific questions anyone may have. Ultimately waited over 2 years since my FE reservation and I'm honestly glad we stuck through it.

I will say that I do have the vehicle back into the dealer today. A few issues you should all be aware of. First was a squeaky brake. Brakes work fine and I've had this issue on other new vehicles. Not a big deal but squeak was annoying so needs to get fixed.

Second issue is a fairly big one you should all check on delivery. When we picked it up I noticed the carpet under the tray liner in the cargo area was damp. Figured it was from being washed somehow. Then over the weekend it was in it's first rain storm sitting in a parking lot....clear there is a leak in the back window/tailgate area. Had a fairly decent puddle on the tray liner and water on the inside of the door. Dealer is working on that and I will post back what the issue/solution was. I see other non Raptor Broncos had similar issues and ended up being the seals. We'll see. It's possible this was sitting in Ford's parking lot for 1.5 months with a water leak. Not overly thrilled about it actually.

Third issue also a well known issue with the B&O system is rattling noises coming from the subwoofer. More noticeable on higher bass songs but sounds like a tambourine shaking in the back. Annoying but we'll see what the fix is. Many have added dynamat but I'm not really into tearing the back apart. Should be right.

Question for those that took delivery...

1. How do you access the Performance View on the guage cluster? This is different guage view than standard with speed in the center of the screen. Looked at the manual and can't figure that out.

2. The spot lights that are next to the fog lights come with covers because otherwise they won't pass inspection (that's what I was told). Can't be used unless offroad.....I get it. My question is how do you turn those on? I think it may be hooked to Aux 1 switch but not positive. Something else I have not been able to find in the manual. Wanted to check that today but the vehicle is in the shop. Maybe someone already figured that one out?
What is the fix for the rattling subwoofer? This one is annoying me and needs to be fixed.
Sponsored