First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In the past week I have been offered three build dates for Bronco Raptors by Ford Dealers for $40-55k over MSRP.

How do dealers have unfilled orders and why does not Ford pull these orders back and re-allocate them to the rest of us waiting on our order build date?
Sponsored

Lanman

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi RS e-tron GT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

They can't do that because that would make sense. :eek:

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

In the past week I have been offered three build dates for Bronco Raptors by Ford Dealers for $40-55k over MSRP.

How do dealers have unfilled orders and why does not Ford pull these orders back and re-allocate them to the rest of us waiting on our order build date?
That’s exactly why they have open allocations they want $30k plus over msrp. Not everyone is ready to pay that much over. And if they aren’t allowed to order it for dealer stock then they are stuck with them. I’m sure there are down sides to not using your allocations. Not sure when that closes but one might be able to get a better deal near the end date.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's because they have allocation for them.

If the original "golden ticket" holder for that Bronco Raptor abandons their order or didn't come to a price agreement with their dealer... the dealer still retains that allocation... and they can sell that allocation to whomever they want.

A common misconception is that if someone earned a golden ticket, that Bronco Raptor allocation "belongs" to that winner. But that's not the case at all. Dealers are awarded Bronco Raptor allocation, and then the golden ticket winners happen to be the oldest reservations at those dealers. The dealers are going to get that allocation regardless of what the golden ticket winner decides to do.

Which is why you could not transfer dealerships if you got a Bronco Raptor ticket... it isn't your allocation, it's the dealer's allocation. It all boils down to the fact that we are not buying our vehicle from Ford, we are buying it from the dealer.

350vudu

Raptor
First Name
350vudu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2019 Ducati V4S Corse
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

A dealer contacted me on 10/29/22 that they had an open allocation for a Raptor and offered it to me at MSRP. I took it. I was shocked that there were even open allocations but sure enough an hour later, I got an email from Ford that the order had been placed.

I think quite a few dealers must be sitting on open allocations. Just yesterday, a dealer that happens to be local to me posted in the Raptor facebook group that they had 13 open Raptor allocations at $20k over each...

Sponsored

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

It's because they have allocation for them.

If the original "golden ticket" holder for that Bronco Raptor abandons their order or didn't come to a price agreement with their dealer... the dealer still retains that allocation... and they can sell that allocation to whomever they want.

A common misconception is that if someone earned a golden ticket, that Bronco Raptor allocation "belongs" to that winner. But that's not the case at all. Dealers are awarded Bronco Raptor allocation, and then the golden ticket winners happen to be the oldest reservations at those dealers. The dealers are going to get that allocation regardless of what the golden ticket winner decides to do.

Which is why you could not transfer dealerships if you got a Bronco Raptor ticket... it isn't your allocation, it's the dealer's allocation. It all boils down to the fact that we are not buying our vehicle from Ford, we are buying it from the dealer.
pretty sure new 23 allocations went out to dealers on top of what would come from the 22 pool.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

pretty sure new 23 allocations went out to dealers on top of what would come from the 22 pool.
That too... but they probably wouldn't have build dates for them yet.

The Heritage Limited allocations also went out from what I heard.

OP
OP
DarienJim

DarienJim

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A dealer contacted me on 10/29/22 that they had an open allocation for a Raptor and offered it to me at MSRP. I took it. I was shocked that there were even open allocations but sure enough an hour later, I got an email from Ford that the order had been placed.

I think quite a few dealers must be sitting on open allocations. Just yesterday, a dealer that happens to be local to me posted in the Raptor facebook group that they had 13 open Raptor allocations at $20k over each...
I was willing to pay $10k, same as when I ordered my F-150 Raptor, but is the most of my generosity.