Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC suv
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I won’t say I’m sure everything will be ironed out, but 5 weeks in an eternity.

Think about it this way... 5 weeks, that’s 35 days. Three shifts a day, put, say 3 people on the task working together... 3x3x35... that’s like 315, 8-hour days... Thats equivalent to one person working on something full time for 63 weeks!

Pfffffff. Ford has easily over a year to work out the kinks, and that’s before figuring in any forced overtime!

;)
Plus all the free labor we’re giving them testing the B&p out for them. Haha.

It’s all good.

SirDapperDom

Badlands
First Name
Dom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 240sx
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm a millennial.

I don't like this launch. I like the product though.

Let's take this for instance: I have a job. If I have MONTHS to deliver a product and I fail at delivering said product, don't I get fired?

Why is this any different?

I feel like we're making excuses for a team of highly capable people who had ample time to even launch the basic product correctly. It's sloppy, inaccurate, and disappointing.

...I'll still buy the product though.

LandCruiser

Base
First Name
Bocephias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

They can call VAG and get one of their computer guys who designs the Porsche builder on the horn.

Rivdog07

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Sahara
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This is not a complaint and hopefully this won’t turn into a bitch fest, but...

This is my first auto launch purchase. I have been through many in other areas, such as tech, but never in the auto world. The launch has been a mess and Ford is not able to put out a decent website even with extensive delays. This concerns me that if they can’t handle the launch of their product how quality will the product I am purchasing be?

I mean cars is what ford does, not press and websites and I am trying to keep that in mind. Are my concerns valid or is this standard fair for such an event in the auto industry?
Your concerns are valid. This is my third time ordering a vehicle at product launch, sight unseen. The last being the 2018 JL Wrangler. What I can say is that this product launch by Ford has been horrible compared to my previous two. The Jeep launch was communicated well, presented well and executed well. I followed the wrangler forums during it's launch just like I am following this forum and can tell you, without question, there were nowhere near as many issues, delays, surprises and frustrations. Not once do I recall a single person considering not ordering.

It's unfortunate as I had such enthusiasm for the bronco, much more than the wrangler, and I can't say it's still there. I am in the boat of holding off on ordering until I actually know they can execute.

Disappointing...

Sponsored

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I always laugh at the participation trophy trope... if we concede millennials were receiving them, we also must acknowledge which generation was insisting on handing them out. Millennials had to be raised by someone. (For the record, I interact with many types of people in my day-to-day, and millennials are by far the least insufferable.)

As far as the OP’s concern. This is the closest I’ve followed a launch, but as previously pointed out, this type of rollout is also a first for Ford (style of roll out coupled with consumer enthusiasm).

I think the trick is to just roll with it. I’m super anxious to get everything sorted, but there’s time.

Meanwhile I’ll be drinking heavily to numb the anxiety.
ok I gotta ask, which ones are the most insufferable?

tyrobronco

Badlands
First Name
CC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco,2017 Ford Fusion Energi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm a millennial.

I don't like this launch. I like the product though.

Let's take this for instance: I have a job. If I have MONTHS to deliver a product and I fail at delivering said product, don't I get fired?

Why is this any different?
Union?

Low expectations?

Too much middle management?

Farmed out IT department?

All of the above? None of the above?

SirDapperDom

Badlands
First Name
Dom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 240sx
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Union?

Low expectations?

Too much middle management?

Farmed out IT department?

All of the above? None of the above?
Could be all of the above.

I just think we're expecting Apple levels of quality and finish here...and it's Ford.

My expectations were low, however it just shouldn't be this half-assed.

mostly harmless

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 RAM 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think they've had this B and P from the spring and there were no rockstars or the original rockstars that made this wanted more money than Ford was willing to pay to fix it. What a boomer move by Ford.
As much as @Lab00Rat wants to blame the millennials for botching the B&P website, my strong suspicion is that the boomers who actually run Ford Motor Company greatly underestimated the time and resources needed to successfully launch the B&P.

But maybe we just need to move on from the boomers vs. millennials trope since we are all just speculating, fingerpointing, and over-generalizing the character of entire generations of people, lol.

Rivdog07

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Sahara
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Absolutely serious. I was simply comparing the launch experience of the JL vs the Bronco.

Have all my welds and haven't had a single problem with my JL. That said, I am in no way a Jeep fan boy. I WANT A BRONCO!

Just being real that the wrangler experience was many times better than this.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.