Reaper

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This is not a complaint and hopefully this won’t turn into a bitch fest, but...

This is my first auto launch purchase. I have been through many in other areas, such as tech, but never in the auto world. The launch has been a mess and Ford is not able to put out a decent website even with extensive delays. This concerns me that if they can’t handle the launch of their product how quality will the product I am purchasing be?

I mean cars is what ford does, not press and websites and I am trying to keep that in mind. Are my concerns valid or is this standard fair for such an event in the auto industry?
Sponsored

Lab00Rat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL 2-Door, 2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
BN/Website/Interior colors = Run by millennials who got participation trophies

Interior/Exterior Design = Old school drive for excellence and perfection with little compromise.

Don't worry too much. Things will get better, or this is what professionalism looks like in 2020.

Edelfin

Big Bend
First Name
Emmanuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

This is a unique Ford new product re-launch. They’re offering multiple trims and options so can’t compare with Tesla or the Hummer. Toyota has double the production capabilities so different there too.

They’re taking on Jeep. Similar/lower prices and just as many options. It’s a valiant effort and TX has lemon laws so if it doesn’t work well it’s worth the risk anyways haha

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It’s obvious that Ford wasn’t ready for the original Bronco release last spring, AT ALL. The pandemic seems to be a smoke screen for them and they still didn’t get it right.
All of the different mismatched colors are terrible. The interior fabrics, interior accents, outer paint, and tops don’t match what so ever. It’s like they used a random color wheel to choose all the colors. Just spin it and that’s what we’re going with. No mulligans....

Ford Bronco My first launch - Concerned D40DDE61-93ED-42F5-83CE-DE7402DA475E

Last edited:

Lab00Rat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My conspiracy mind is telling me Ford cannot be wild with success on the Bronco.
They might need to limit the number of Broncos Ford Brand makes in a year, otherwise it will screw up their CAFE standards and force a rebalance on how many F-150s they can sell and still meet their government mandated requirements.

Might be a reason they will spin off the Bronco into it's own brand. Don't mess with the F-150.

https://www.nhtsa.gov/laws-regulations/corporate-average-fuel-economy

Sponsored

Lab00Rat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey, don’t drag us millennials into this!

- A millennial
My daughter hates when I use it on her too when I want to make a point about unacceptable behavior. She tells me she agrees her generation is screwing up a lot, but there are some who have their head on right.

It will take some real growing up to fix most of the problems, but it's not impossible.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey, don’t drag us millennials into this!

- A millennial
I always laugh at the participation trophy trope... if we concede millennials were receiving them, we also must acknowledge which generation was insisting on handing them out. Millennials had to be raised by someone. (For the record, I interact with many types of people in my day-to-day, and millennials are by far the least insufferable.)

As far as the OP’s concern. This is the closest I’ve followed a launch, but as previously pointed out, this type of rollout is also a first for Ford (style of roll out coupled with consumer enthusiasm).

I think the trick is to just roll with it. I’m super anxious to get everything sorted, but there’s time.

Meanwhile I’ll be drinking heavily to numb the anxiety.

jbf19

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 Chevrolet Blazer and 2015 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I always laugh at the participation trophy trope... if we concede millennials were receiving them, we also must acknowledge which generation was insisting on handing them out. Millennials had to be raised by someone. (For the record, I interact with many types of people in my day-to-day, and millennials are by far the least insufferable.)

As far as the OP’s concern. This is the closest I’ve followed a launch, but as previously pointed out, this type of rollout is also a first for Ford (style of roll out coupled with consumer enthusiasm).

I think the trick is to just roll with it. I’m super anxious to get everything sorted, but there’s time.

Meanwhile I’ll be drinking heavily to numb the anxiety.
Is there really time to get everything sorted out? Don't the order banks open up in about 5 weeks? Does anyone have any confidence that Ford will get things ironed out by then?

Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is there really time to get everything sorted out? Don't the order banks open up in about 5 weeks? Does anyone have any confidence that Ford will get things ironed out by then?
I won’t say I’m sure everything will be ironed out, but 5 weeks in an eternity.

Think about it this way... 5 weeks, that’s 35 days. Three shifts a day, put, say 3 people on the task working together... 3x3x35... that’s like 315, 8-hour days... Thats equivalent to one person working on something full time for 63 weeks!

Pfffffff. Ford has easily over a year to work out the kinks, and that’s before figuring in any forced overtime!

;)

Last edited:

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
BN/Website/Interior colors = Run by millennials who got participation trophies

Interior/Exterior Design = Old school drive for excellence and perfection with little compromise.

Don't worry too much. Things will get better, or this is what professionalism looks like in 2020.
Ford Bronco My first launch - Concerned 1603465578916

jbf19

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 Chevrolet Blazer and 2015 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I won’t say I’m sure everything will be ironed out, but 5 weeks in an eternity.

Think about it this way... 5 weeks, that’s 35 days. Three shifts a day, put, say 3 people on the task... 3x3x35... that’s like 315, 8-hour days... Thats equivalent to one person working on something full time for 63 weeks!

Pfffffff. Ford has easily over a year to work out the kinks!

;)
Fair point. Especially with all those rock stars working on it. :rolleyes:

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think they've had this B and P from the spring and there were no rockstars or the original rockstars that made this wanted more money than Ford was willing to pay to fix it. What a boomer move by Ford.

Not a millenial and they are the most insufferable and my generation raised, or didn't bother to raise, them.

THOMASO1371

Outer Banks
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Forte5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I think what needs to be taken into account with everything already mentioned is Ford's new CEO. Anytime there is a change in leadership, things are rocky. New launch of historic brand, disruption in supply lines, and uncertainty of future restrictions doesn't help the situation.

I fully planned on buying my dream vehicle on launch, but that's not going to be the case. Instead of buying once and keeping it for the next 20-30 years, I'm going to be buy something I kinda like and trade in 2-4 years from now hopefully. I believe the resell value will be high enough to not be a considerable factor, especially within the first few years.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.