Sponsored

Kmautah

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 Lariat, Tesla Model 3, MB Sprinter Van (170)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did my first trails in sand hollow, Utah as part of the winter 4x4 Jamboree. Mostly jeeps there, but a few Broncos. Took my 13 year-old, we had a great time.

While I’m not a huge fan of crowds or the mega off road festivals, as a somewhat newbie to this hobby I really appreciated the guidance and tips, as well as the safety and confidence that does come with a group. And meet some great folks too. They do a good job at organizing the event. While it took a bit to actually get going each morning after the line-up, I never felt we were waiting at all out on the trails. It helps that there are a ton of trails to choose from, I did two relatively moderate (4 rated trails) in Milt’s mile lite, and West rim.

My Badlands has a 3” Ready Lift, and 37” KO2’s. I love the setup, clearance is awesome, but did have the constant concern of breaking a tie rod. I have not modded the steering system at all, but do carry a spare tie rod and tools to swap it if needed. There was an optional section on one route I decided to take and between 5 other jeeps that also took it I ran the cleanest, while some of the super built-out jeeps struggled, one almost went over backwards. Not a humble brag (although I think I did have good tire placement), just saying that a mostly stock Badlands is very capable in the rocks!

Also in my box: 30’ Yankum rope, 2 soft shackles, bottle jack/jack stand combo (in addition to the stock jack), Napa compressor (slightly modded to add a digital gauge), Napa digital deflator, spare inner tie rod, a bunch of tools.

IMG_1823.jpeg

IMG_1808.jpeg

IMG_1804.jpeg

IMG_1787.jpeg

IMG_1829.jpeg

IMG_1851.jpeg
Sponsored

LanceIto

Raptor
First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Awesome!!!!! Thanks for sharing. I have a very similar set up, I love my set up too. Did you play around with the stay bar disconnect to see how much difference it made?

I am planning a sand hollow trip soon!!!

OP
OP
Kmautah

Kmautah

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Awesome!!!!! Thanks for sharing. I have a very similar set up, I love my set up too. Did you play around with the stay bar disconnect to see how much difference it made?

I am planning a sand hollow trip soon!!!
Nice! I didn’t really play around with it much, but forgot about it until we were part way through on the first day, and did notice a difference once disconnected. Sand Hollow is a fun spot.

JBKO

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks like a great time! I’m headed that way next weekend for some family stuff. Hoping to find some time to sneak away and play for a bit on some trails.

Just curious - where did you get your Utah state dune flag? I need a new flag and our new state one is a good look.

OP
OP
Kmautah

Kmautah

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks like a great time! I’m headed that way next weekend for some family stuff. Hoping to find some time to sneak away and play for a bit on some trails.

Just curious - where did you get your Utah state dune flag? I need a new flag and our new state one is a good look.
Edge power sports in Draper.

Sponsored

1st 75th ranger

Black Diamond
First Name
jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford bronco bd 4 dr sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Did my first trails in sand hollow, Utah as part of the winter 4x4 Jamboree. Mostly jeeps there, but a few Broncos. Took my 13 year-old, we had a great time.

While I’m not a huge fan of crowds or the mega off road festivals, as a somewhat newbie to this hobby I really appreciated the guidance and tips, as well as the safety and confidence that does come with a group. And meet some great folks too. They do a good job at organizing the event. While it took a bit to actually get going each morning after the line-up, I never felt we were waiting at all out on the trails. It helps that there are a ton of trails to choose from, I did two relatively moderate (4 rated trails) in Milt’s mile lite, and West rim.

My Badlands has a 3” Ready Lift, and 37” KO2’s. I love the setup, clearance is awesome, but did have the constant concern of breaking a tie rod. I have not modded the steering system at all, but do carry a spare tie rod and tools to swap it if needed. There was an optional section on one route I decided to take and between 5 other jeeps that also took it I ran the cleanest, while some of the super built-out jeeps struggled, one almost went over backwards. Not a humble brag (although I think I did have good tire placement), just saying that a mostly stock Badlands is very capable in the rocks!

Also in my box: 30’ Yankum rope, 2 soft shackles, bottle jack/jack stand combo (in addition to the stock jack), Napa compressor (slightly modded to add a digital gauge), Napa digital deflator, spare inner tie rod, a bunch of tools.

Ford Bronco My First Trails @ Sand Hollow - 4x4 Jamboree IMG_1851

[/QUOT

simple tie rod upgrade from bronco buster just bolts over threads
i use them and they look cool too

DavidL

Wildtrak
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911, Maserati Granturiso MC
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thanks for sharing. I run the trips with the St George Jeepers. Back in town in April/May. I'm normally the only Bronco in the group. How to see you sometime.
Love Sand Hollow.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

Looks like a great place to enjoy your Bronco!
Sponsored