Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I ordered one of these and am impressed…it seems to be good quality. I need to get a magnetic phone mount that works with it (and a bronco) and I’m set!
Nice!
Sponsored

Cruachan

First Edition
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 FJ40
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

If it’s a rail system you can’t live without, just add some loctite to the screw.
I'll have to see if I could find the thread, but it wasn't about the screw from the mount coming loose but the mount in the dash actually failing. It has broken free for some.

Cruachan

First Edition
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 FJ40
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Djd7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Being a photographer I am immersed in the world of all things "camera". And in the photography world, there are many who also shoot video with their cameras. Those who do often use what we call a shark cage to protect their gear, but also allow the addition of accessories. Things like monitors, mics, handles, and more.
Among this world of shark cage options are several addon plates that I thought may work for an affordable BYOD system.

Today my first BYOD piece arrived. It is an accessory plate for shark cages from a company called Camvate (link: https://amzn.to/3p6J7a0 ) and it is approx. 6.1" long by 1.3" wide. It has a center slot for adjusting its lateral position on your mount, and a series of 1/4-20 threaded holes along each side of that slot. It comes with (2) button head 1/4-20 bolts to secure it to the dash mount and a pair of extra 1/4-20 bolts for whatever

*photos and links removed from quote*

Thoughts?
Suggestions?
And in full disclosure, those links are my Amazon affiliate links.
How did you end up liking the solar charger? need the rubber feet? any update on this byod rail build would be appreciated!

OP
OP
MacDonald_Photo

MacDonald_Photo

Badlands
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How did you end up liking the solar charger? need the rubber feet? any update on this byod rail build would be appreciated!
OK so for updates.....No rubber feet are needed for on-road driving, but haven't been bouncing around off-road to know if I need them or not.
I am guessing if you added a LONGER version of this rail you might want them, but this shorter version is pretty rigid so no need.
The solar charger is nice so I don't have a cable running down the dash.
I love this setup so far and am 99% certain I won't be changing it. It does everything I need and maybe more.
Sponsored