Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Justin McBride used the under floor storage for batteries. Here's a video where he talks about the Bronco he built for Orlando Bloom. The battery install starts at 10:00.

Here's his first post about the build, but not as detailed.

Sorry - that is OLD NEWS! That entire set-up, which I have (and more), is from AAL. As posted earlier, Dakota Lithium discontinued that battery and so AAL no longer sells that part. Brit, the owner is working hard on a new solution but right now, there is nothing on the market. Nothing fits. Hope this helps.

I'm working with Brit on an entirely different solution that would also allow for much larger battery systems taking advantage of unused space strapped underneath their shelf and/or on a side Molle panel taking advantage of unused space between the Dometic fridge and side panel. I think we're about 6 weeks out on that (for me to get over to Saint George).

I'm not affiliated with AAL - just a super happy customer.
Sponsored

KermitBronco

Badlands
First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP
OP

Superstition

Badlands
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Rubicon unlimited tricked out
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sorry - that is OLD NEWS! That entire set-up, which I have (and more), is from AAL. As posted earlier, Dakota Lithium discontinued that battery and so AAL no longer sells that part. Brit, the owner is working hard on a new solution but right now, there is nothing on the market. Nothing fits. Hope this helps.

I'm working with Brit on an entirely different solution that would also allow for much larger battery systems taking advantage of unused space strapped underneath their shelf and/or on a side Molle panel taking advantage of unused space between the Dometic fridge and side panel. I think we're about 6 weeks out on that (for me to get over to Saint George).

I'm not affiliated with AAL - just a super happy customer.
Be sure to post up what you're working on when you're far enough along. Super interested in learning what you come up with :)

CalvinT

Badlands
First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Subaru WRX Wagon, 2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm not surprised. That video is a year old. But the thought processes for designing an accessory 12V system still apply. ie, don't over engineer.

KermitBronco

Badlands
First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm not surprised. That video is a year old. But the thought processes for designing an accessory 12V system still apply. ie, don't over engineer.
Oh, it is WAY, WAY over-engineered. I have the same system.

I tell folks that unless you have STRICT requirements (like I do with 3 x 50 pound active dogs in the back seat and gear for recovery, tools, etc.) then you are FAR better to just put a Bluetti in the rear passenger seat well (or someone else) and plug it into the EXCELLENT power built into our Broncos.

The massive AC200L fits (and is crazy powerful) but the smaller/lighter boxes are epic as well. And all are significantly cheaper than install and, you can use in backyards, homes, etc.

Justin made similar videos about just using an Anker product (paid promo) instead of full-time installation and, of course, this was a $$ install for Orlando so cost wasn't an issue. Hope this helps!

Sponsored

Natethegreat1979

Wildtrak
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

After being inspired by a lot of the work y'all have done on your Broncos, I thought I would share progress on my 2023 Badlands overlanding build. I do a lot of offroading on the Arizona Strip to access Grand Canyon and the roads can be really rough. I wanted to be able to sleep on the roof rack in summer and sleep inside the Bronco in winter. I had a buddy who builds custom cabinets build a drawer system in the rear that also levels the floor. I did a run through of the build so far in the video below:

Badlands 2.7/SAS/MIC/LUX
Mickey Thompson Baja Boss (stock tires punctured twice in two trips)
RCI roof rack with side panels for fuel and water
Trailgater table
rear saddlebag storage
Custom sleep platform and drawer system

Video of the solution here:

Holy shit that drawer system is PERFECT! Just what I've been looking for! Does your buddy sell them? I'm very Intrested in purchasing one! Also, does it have a solid lock for firearms needs?

OP
OP

Superstition

Badlands
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Rubicon unlimited tricked out
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
He doesn't sell them today. He's a custom cabinet builder for high end homes. This was a bit of a distraction for him fueled by friendship and beer! :)

He built two of them simultaneously for my buddy and I. We helped with the design concept and the install. Buddy has a 4 door BD and I have a 4 door BL. If I were to guess, he'd have to charge a couple grand for the completed product. I'm not sure there's a market at that price point. But I will tell you, the end result is AMAZING! I can now sleep like a baby in the Bronco and the storage is really terrific. It's so easy to get to all of those things you need to access often even when the back is loaded with gear! It's easy to get to the jack too and use the storage next to the jack. I already had the Trailgaiter table installed, and the design is compatible, but the floor slides out into a very large and nice table. Had I installed the floor first, I might not have needed the the Trailgaiter. But I do like them both, and with gear loaded in the back, it's nice to not to need to slide the entire platform out.

The latch system is from home windows, and there is a locking option. I chose to skip the locking option because I didn't need it. The latch is located offset because it would impact the Trailgaiter table otherwise. If you didn't have that table, you could install dual latches, or locate the latch wherever you wanted.
Sponsored