Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Ranger Long Travel, 2014 Cruze Commuter
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@thatspecialbeat ,

I am curious about your CO2 setup. That does not appear to be a powertank, correct? Where did you get your tank and how much do you have into it with accessories?

I am trying to figure out if going with a tank that isn't a brand name like powertank is cost effective or not.
Sponsored

Last edited:

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BaseSquatch, 2023 Tesla Y Performance
Your Bronco Model
Base
my solution:
Ford Bronco My solution for a CO2 tank in a 2 door. 1658510208809

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BaseSquatch, 2023 Tesla Y Performance
Your Bronco Model
Base
Nothing wrong with this but it has to be god awful to refill a 35" or 37" from 12psi to 35psi time wise
Agree, but I don't off-road my Jeep enough to justify a CO2 setup. By the time we are airing up, We are back at the meetup place and the group is just talking about the ride around the Jeeps. Rarely anyone is in a hurry. Back in the day, the CO2 setups were also used for air tools but battery tools nowadays have enough torque to do the job.

OP
OP
thatspecialbeat

thatspecialbeat

Black Diamond
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subies
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

@thatspecialbeat ,

I am curious about your CO2 setup. That does not appear to be a powertank, correct? Where did you get your tank and how much do you have into it with accessories?

I am trying to figure out if going with a tank that isn't a brand name like powertank is cost effective or not.
It's all on Amazon. Less than $400 for everything. I love it, works great. Just search for a CO2 tank.

Sponsored
OP
OP
thatspecialbeat

thatspecialbeat

Black Diamond
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subies
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

my solution:
Ford Bronco My solution for a CO2 tank in a 2 door. 1658510208809
You aren't wrong but I have other reasons for doing CO2. I have the stock BD tires so it is clearly overkill.

I wanted the CO2 because it is interesting and because I like to use it to fill bike tires on early rides.

I also just hate compressors, especially small ones.

At the end of the day my modern off-road convertible needs a more elegant solution than clipping on a compressor. And actually airing up with the tank is very nice and takes seconds.

OP
OP
thatspecialbeat

thatspecialbeat

Black Diamond
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subies
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Agree, but I don't off-road my Jeep enough to justify a CO2 setup. By the time we are airing up, We are back at the meetup place and the group is just talking about the ride around the Jeeps. Rarely anyone is in a hurry. Back in the day, the CO2 setups were also used for air tools but battery tools nowadays have enough torque to do the job.
Haha. NC aint CA. Spend a half hour airing up and you just bought an extra hour in traffic driving home.

RubyRedGT

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco. Sold the 1968 and 2015 mustang GTs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Haha. NC aint CA. Spend a half hour airing up and you just bought an extra hour in traffic driving home.
@thatspecialbeat How’s your tank mount holding up? I’m thinking of doing something similar for my tank that I just bought. Thanks!

OP
OP
thatspecialbeat

thatspecialbeat

Black Diamond
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subies
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

@thatspecialbeat How’s your tank mount holding up? I’m thinking of doing something similar for my tank that I just bought. Thanks!
It has worked out great. I painted it up and it doesn't make any noise. I mostly leave it in. Doesn't take up much space. I wish I knew how to work metal but this is good enough. Apparently power tank is doing a metal one for the 2 door but I don't know the eta.

Ford Bronco My solution for a CO2 tank in a 2 door. PXL_20220430_163315354

RubyRedGT

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco. Sold the 1968 and 2015 mustang GTs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It has worked out great. I painted it up and it doesn't make any noise. I mostly leave it in. Doesn't take up much space. I wish I knew how to work metal but this is good enough.
Awesome ok 👍 Thanks for the update. Sounds good. I started cutting the pieces and am on my way!

Sponsored
OP
OP
thatspecialbeat

thatspecialbeat

Black Diamond
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subies
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

But why not just Oxygen? I am not grasping what the advantage of CO2 gives you.
CO2 more easily/ safely compresses into a liquid so more fits in the tank. So you can fill up more tires per tank. It's why paintball and those little portable inflators for bike tires use CO2.

BeachTiger

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F150, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
An underappreciated benefit of a CO2 tank is the ability to power pneumatic tools. It's great to bust out the impact wrench to change a tire, etc. On the trail. You can run 90 PSI no problem.
Sponsored