First Name
Nancy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I've been wheeling and mudding for years, never had my tires turn this blue. Mud pit in a trail near Naches,WA, it was thick!! Reading online, chemical reaction from the metals mud, sounds like I need to wash, scrub and treat my tires to fix, some said pressure wash but that didn't do anything. Not too concerned yet, curious if anyone has a solid recommendation to fix. I don't recall ever putting on a tire dressing, maybe I have but I wouldn't know which one since I have a few in my chem cabinet.

https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/tires-turning-blue.533883/page-3

Ford Bronco My Tires Turned Blue glenn-quagmire-family-guy
I would leave them alone. Something you use to clean might react and weaken your tire? Not likely but....

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35ā€™s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not sure if this is what you are seeing, but when tires are manufactured - there is a resin that is used in the molding process that keeps the tire from sticking to the mold. Think of it like flour and a baking pan. In most cases the mold is cleaned, but residue can stick and can cause discoloration on tires over time. Typically fades away with time.

Had relatives that worked at a local Firestone plant years ago and they have told me about this in the past. I have seen it on some of my tires over the years.
This is what I believe also. I used to see this happen to new MTB tires when riding in Moab / Fruita CO. I think itā€™s a combo of the mold release agent and a specific mineral or chemistry reaction with the dirt. I didnā€™t see this happen on local trials, so itā€™s regional. I would expect it to go away with more dirt and a few rounds of cleaning. Simple green works well.

Sponsored

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The best tire cleaner I've ever used is Eagle One. Even using that might require you to do some scrubbing with a brush. I've never seen anything like your tires before.

0txDbCX.jpg

U9sCrb6.jpg

Danny's Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shoes! Waiting for that 2 door to ship!
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You're making me nervous... Those are the tires I have on hold for my Bronco if it ever gets off the Ford shipping truck.

Broncotrax

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Bronco, '17 Superduity, '22 Badsquatch, CR 250R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've been wheeling and mudding for years, never had my tires turn this blue. Mud pit in a trail near Naches,WA, it was thick!! Reading online, chemical reaction from the metals mud, sounds like I need to wash, scrub and treat my tires to fix, some said pressure wash but that didn't do anything. Not too concerned yet, curious if anyone has a solid recommendation to fix. I don't recall ever putting on a tire dressing, maybe I have but I wouldn't know which one since I have a few in my chem cabinet.

https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/tires-turning-blue.533883/page-3

Ford Bronco My Tires Turned Blue U9sCrb6
Because they are holding their breath?? šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

OP
OP
akturbo

akturbo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, 3500HD Chevy, Rav4Prime, Turbo Skidoo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You're making me nervous... Those are the tires I have on hold for my Bronco if it ever gets off the Ford shipping truck.
I wouldn't worry, search online and you'll see it can happen to any tire. Taking a leaf blower/air compressor to the interior tonight to start the interior cleaning process, I'll try simple green or see what else I have in the cabinet to test out on the tires.

Sponsored

Funkdoobiest

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Basesquanch First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Looks like wheel dressing turned, it's not consistent enough to be bloom or anything in the tire itself.

I've found that Awesome cleaner from dollar tree works pretty good at removing bloom. Not as good as some tire/wheel cleaners but you can't go wrong for a buck twenty five.

Laddyaddy19

Black Diamond
First Name
Landon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Altima, Evo X, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Iā€™ve been mudding atvs and utvs for years and itā€™s common especially after the vehicle sits in the sun for a day or two after going through stale water without washing. I have used armorall in the past and it works but I like really like Lucasoil SlickMist. Itā€™s not as messy and doesnā€™t seem to attract as much dust.

https://lucasoil.com/Lucas-Slick-Mist-Tire-and-Trim-Shine/

Bad Andy

Badlands
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 BMW 335I Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I agree with what others have said, it is either mold release that has reacted with something, or it is a tire dressing that has reacted with something.

Either way, it is purely cosmetic, I have found the Tuff Shine tire cleaner to be really good stuff. It will strip off any waxes, silicon based dressings, mud, dirt, etc. May take 2 or 3 applications/scrubbing to truly get the tire back to pure rubber, but I like the natural rubber look when done. They also have a non-silicon coating that you can apply if you like the shine look. It lasts months, not weeks, and is non-greasy.

Iā€™m not affiliated with them, just like their product. I get mine at Auto Geek, (also not affiliated with them) but I am sure it is available many places.

https://www.autogeek.net/tuf-shine-tire-cleaner.html

jaws72

Big Bend
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Sport & '08Ford F-150 FX2
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Dude, I told you not to drive through Smurf village!
Sponsored