Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Contains alcohol yes, but it's not pure isopropyl, which will dry-fuck your plastics, rubbers, seals, etc...
The Groits also has lubricants so it can be applied to the surface easily and smoothly.
Dunno if you've ever used just alcohol on your paint before, but you'll need to use a ton of it because of flash-off.
Sponsored

broncobastard

Big Bend
First Name
steve and karen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 mustang gt / 19 jeep wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hey just throwing this out there. I do not use clay bars as they will become contaminated and if you drop it it will pick debris I go with a clay mitt these clay mitts are microfiber on one side and clay on the other. You can use it while washing the vehicle and it works great. Now I do not use ceramic coating I use a graphene coating which is much more stronger and easier to apply and greatly reduces chances of water spotting. Look up graphene vs ceramic coating and yes my Bronco is a pavement queen and have numerous awards to back it up.

IMG_0576.jpeg

IMG_0558.jpeg

4xFord

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sounds like a good plan to me. I would just add that anyone applying ceramic coat for the first time be wary of how much working time their product allows. For instance, a product advertised to last 3-5 years may have a flash time (seconds) that gets beginners into trouble. Whereas a product that last up to a year may allow for a couple minutes. I personally use Adams graphite spray coating and boost.
https://adamspolishes.com/products/...s2Mupl_IfMKvaAE-U6Teq9rD3da-5OuBoCd5IQAvD_BwE

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Triumph Thunderbird Commander 1700
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So much good info, but there is one step I don't see that I do, while the paste or liquid wax is still on the cars I do all of my rubber/plastic using a toothbrush and a rag to wipe off and get into the groves. Then when I wipe off the wax I get another wipe with the wax residue to get any over spray off, but I'm careful not to have much and use a sponge when applying protection product to avoid over spray too.

Last edited:

JdH23OBX

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If it were me I'd consider the following - I've had very good results with the following. The full clay bar, polish and wax is a twice a year process - Spring and Fall. My cars live outside, if they were garaged I could probably get by with once a year.

1. Two bucket wash - Soap bucket with Meguiars Gold Wash. Sponge to soak up soapy water and splash on the car. Goal is to keep dirt from the car from getting embedded in the sponge and scratching the surface so the sponge doesn't touch the car - just delivers the soapy water to the car. Then microfiber mitt to wash car 1 panel at a time. Rinse mitt in other bucket with plain water. I remove the fender flares to wash them and get the dirt that accumulates behind them off the car.

2. If you live near a steel plant or rail lines then using Iron X or the equivalent next. Rinse this off with soapy water.

3. Clay bar. I use a fresh bucket of really soapy water for lubricant.

4. Dry car - I use a synthetic chamois but some people prefer a microfiber drying towel or even a leaf blower.

5. Use 303 spray protectant on all fender flares, hardtop, plastic/rubber trim. I spray it on the microfiber to minimize overspray on the paint.

6. Turtle wax hybrid polish and ceramic wax. This stuff is pretty amazing. You can apply it by hand or use something like Griots polisher. Do roughly a 2 x 2 section at a time. This will remove light scratches and leaves you with a very good sealant that should last 6 months. If you don't feel the need to do any polishing/paint correction just skip to the Turtle Wax Hybrid Spray Wax from step 7.

7. Optional - after step 5 wait 24 hours for it to cure. Wash car again and use the Turtle wax hybrid ceramic spray wax. This adds another 3 months of protection.

8. Every other wash use the Turtle wax ceramic car wash and wax - it recharges the sealant and restores some of the water shedding/beading properties.

Link to products in no particular order

Turtle Wax Hybrid Polish and Ceramic Wax

Turtle Wax Hybrid Ceramic Spray Wax

Griots Iron Remover

Turtle Wax Ceramic Wash and Wax

303 Spray

Review of Turtle Wax Hybrid Spray Wax
Just reading over your methods which I may actually do myself as Turtle Wax seems to have been out forever and they seem to make good products. Step #7 you mention is optional which says after step #5 to wait 24 hours for it to cure and wash car again and use the Turtle wax hybrid ceramic spray wax. Step #5 says to use the 303 spray protectant. Did you mean after step #6 to wait 24 hours for the Turtle wax hybrid polish and ceramic wax to cure then wash car and spray the Turtle wax hybrid ceramic spray wax? Just trying to understand your process because as I said I may follow it for my Bronco. What do you use on your interior (i.e. floor mats, plastics, leather) to clean?

Basically just looking at everyone's methods for cleaning and detailing cars. I used to "detail" with my father years ago and by "detailing" I mean washing the car with whatever soap he had and using Rain Dance wax when it used to come in a blue container. I've leased cars for the last 25 years so I always ran them through the car wash, never really waxed them and used to do a quick clean on the interior 2-3 times per year just so it was clean. I purchased my Bronco so now I'm looking for ways to keep it clean and maintain it. The entire car cleaning process is very overwhelming to me as there seems to be countless ways/methods to detail and countless products to do so.

Sponsored

Bronco_MI

Big Bend
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco, 2016 Ram, 1991 Sierra, 1969 Firebird
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hey just throwing this out there. I do not use clay bars as they will become contaminated and if you drop it it will pick debris I go with a clay mitt these clay mitts are microfiber on one side and clay on the other. You can use it while washing the vehicle and it works great. Now I do not use ceramic coating I use a graphene coating which is much more stronger and easier to apply and greatly reduces chances of water spotting. Look up graphene vs ceramic coating and yes my Bronco is a pavement queen and have numerous awards to back it up.

Ford Bronco Rate my detailing plan… IMG_0558

Ford Bronco Rate my detailing plan… IMG_0558
Bro, that is sick!

Bronco_MI

Big Bend
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco, 2016 Ram, 1991 Sierra, 1969 Firebird
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hey thanks I appreciate it the wheel lights really stand out in the far

Ford Bronco Rate my detailing plan… IMG_9836

Ford Bronco Rate my detailing plan… IMG_9836
I love the way you matched up the white door handles to that graphic. And the shine on that paint is insane!

Aonarch

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Bronco OBX 2DR Lux 2.7, ‘16 Corvette Z51
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Okay so I am a complete newb. I took a deep dive into the rabbit hole of exterior detailing and ceramic coating. I have come to the conclusion that opinions are like… you know what.

So here is the summary. Bought brand new 2023 Bronco last week. Oxford white. Plan to do woolwax underneath and ceramic on the paint. Her is my ceramic coat plan.

1. Wash with Chemical Guys Clean Slate
2. Perform light duty clay bar
3. Wipe down with a 50% isopropyl alcohol solution
4. Do ceramic coating. Probably the Chemical Guys one but I’m open to suggestions.

Chemical guys is just available locally and seems to have decent reputation so just figured i’d give it a shot.
any suggestions?
Personally I'd do a one step paint correction before ceramic coating.

I'd move the iso after the polish.

broncobastard

Big Bend
First Name
steve and karen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 mustang gt / 19 jeep wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I love the way you matched up the white door handles to that graphic. And the shine on that paint is insane!
Thanks I put a lot into it and the door handles and the trail guides by the hood just look right being white
Sponsored