First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew Lariat 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Even though no one has their Bronco yet it's not to early to start thing about what to use for paint protection and detailing. I've done several write ups on the Ranger forum and while not a professional detailer I would consider myself well advanced with a serious case of OCD. ?

Here's my normal wash method which starts with a power wash to rinse all the dirt/dust off then soap with a foam cannon, wash with a microfiber mitt using a 2 bucket method then power wash rinse and dry with a chamois. I'll do this in a few separate posts so it's not to dragged out.

The power washer that I use is a Sun Joe 2030 psi

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B073FCV1ZC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Ford Bronco Detailing Time Sun Joe

The foam cannon is from Trinova which is made by 303 Gold Eagle along with Chemical Guys Snow Foam Soap.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06VS4JH62/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/TriNova-Cann...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=D1VF0Z680K5KREBR3073

Ford Bronco Detailing Time IMG_3361

Ford Bronco Detailing Time IMG_3339

I also use these wheel guides so the hose doesn't get stuck under the tires. I always thought these were a gimmick but they work great. No more pulling and tugging to free up your wash hose.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B088KS43FS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Ford Bronco Detailing Time IMG_3262
Sponsored

Pork-n-Bean

Badlands
First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moon Vehicle
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well those wheel guides seem like handy little tools!

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For paint protection I just started using the 303 Graphene Nano Spray Coating. You can coat over any product including ceramic coating with this stuff. I wanted a fresh start so I washed, clayed and striped the old finish off with paint prep. The Graphene goes on very easy and you need to do a crosshatch pattern, you only need a few sprays on a microfiber pad or foam pad. I put way to much on the first panel and it was dripping and took forever to dry…less is more!

It takes about 10-15 minutes to haze over depending on temps and humidity so you can do about 1/3 of the truck then go back and buff out. It’s safe for all areas so I did all the glass, rubber around the windows and the headlights and taillights too. It gives you a super smooth mirror finish with great UV protection. I ended up doing a second coat just for added protection and you can clayed up to 3 coats. You can also use your favorite speed detailer or gloss enhancers after 1 week. The nice thing is there is no curing time like ceramic coating so once you’re done you can drive it right away. It can also be applied in direct sunlight which I wouldn’t recommend so it’s very user friendly. It’s supposed to last for 1 year and being a new product there’s no real world data yet but I’m confident it will as 303 makes great products and stands behind all of them.

Products:

Paint Prep

https://www.amazon.com/Optimum-Pain...+paint+prep&qid=1605306921&sr=8-4&tag=mh0b-20

Ford Bronco Detailing Time IMG_3358

Speed Detailer for lube and clay mitt

https://www.goldeagle.com/product/303-automotive-speed-detailer/

https://www.goldeagle.com/product/303-contaminant-removal-mitt/

Ford Bronco Detailing Time IMG_3357

https://www.goldeagle.com/product/303-graphene-nano-spray-coating/

Ford Bronco Detailing Time IMG_3360

Results: Super smooth and shiny! :cool:

Ford Bronco Detailing Time IMG_3345

Ford Bronco Detailing Time IMG_3356

Ford Bronco Detailing Time IMG_3347

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

RG7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B8 A4, 2018 Triumph Street Triple R
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sounds like a fellow Obsessed Garage fan

Sponsored

TNcoupe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 1970 Bronco, 1955 T Bird
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I assume you are on the Autogeek forum also? That place makes me spend an awful lot of money on products and buffing pads.

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I assume you are on the Autogeek forum also? That place makes me spend an awful lot of money on products and buffing pads.
Actually I'm not, I spend way to much time on others that I don't need another one to obsess over. lol

TNcoupe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 1970 Bronco, 1955 T Bird
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Actually I'm not, I spend way to much time on others that I don't need another one to obsess over. lol
My buddy in Chicago is a beta tester for 303. I have a bottle of graphene with no label on it he gave me to try months ago. He loves it. I've been working 72hr weeks so I haven't had a chance to coat mine for the winter. I was gonna give it a shot on the horizontal surfaces of my car cause I dont have a whole lot of it in the bottle.

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't go too far down the detailing rabbit hole. Especially on an off-roader but I'm glad I at least learned about those.
I'm off road a lot with my Ranger but I still like it nice and clean once I'm done. We were just out in UT and even there I brought some of my detailing stuff with me so I could wash it. Of course my gf things I'm nuts! ?Touch-less car wash of course, any others will scratch the heck out of your finish.

Sponsored

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Wow thats a lot of work ! Im not against spending a pretty sat afternoon once in a while drink a few beers ,maybe have something on the smoker too ,cleaning the truck its an investment and a tool so you have to care for it .

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When I was young I would wash and detail my vehicles at least once a week weather permitting . I attended a lot of custom car and mini truck shows during that time . Since buying my 2007 King Ranch I wash it once a year , maybe twice , and it still looks like a 3-4 year old truck when it's clean :)

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My buddy in Chicago is a beta tester for 303. I have a bottle of graphene with no label on it he gave me to try months ago. He loves it. I've been working 72hr weeks so I haven't had a chance to coat mine for the winter. I was gonna give it a shot on the horizontal surfaces of my car cause I dont have a whole lot of it in the bottle.
You don't use much at all. When I first started I sprayed way to much on the foam pad and it was runny and took a long time to dry. I use 3 sprays and can do the whole door with that in a cross hatch pattern. Depending on temp and humidity it only takes about 10-15 minutes to haze then just buff with a microfiber cloth.

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When I was young I would wash and detail my vehicles at least once a week weather permitting . I attended a lot of custom car and mini truck shows during that time . Since buying my 2007 King Ranch I wash it once a year , maybe twice , and it still looks like a 3-4 year old truck when it's clean :)
I actually like detailing my vehicles, it's relaxing to me. Out here it's nice most of the time so you're not fighting the weather like when Ilived back east. Summers are a bitch but you have to do it early morning or later at night and even then it can still be well over 100 at 10:00 pm. ?

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wow thats a lot of work ! Im not against spending a pretty sat afternoon once in a while drink a few beers ,maybe have something on the smoker too ,cleaning the truck its an investment and a tool so you have to care for it .
Honestly with the washer and the foam cannon I can be done in about an hour. What takes the most time is a full detail, claying and stripping the old coating off then waxing it's a good 4 hours. Lucky that's only once a year.
Sponsored