Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Flex, 2017 F-250, 2018 Sienna
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I’ve used Zaino for years. Will do the same on the Bronco.
Sponsored

Hey19

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands 2dr 7spd, 1966 A code Mustang coupe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OP thanks for the info! That is a beautiful color on your truck!

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Even though no one has their Bronco yet it's not to early to start thing about what to use for paint protection and detailing. I've done several write ups on the Ranger forum and while not a professional detailer I would consider myself well advanced with a serious case of OCD. ?

Here's my normal wash method which starts with a power wash to rinse all the dirt/dust off then soap with a foam cannon, wash with a microfiber mitt using a 2 bucket method then power wash rinse and dry with a chamois. I'll do this in a few separate posts so it's not to dragged out.

The power washer that I use is a Sun Joe 2030 psi

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B073FCV1ZC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Ford Bronco Detailing Time D2244DC8-43B7-4D39-8517-75DC36C9EB6B
How long have you used that pressure washer for?

Bulletbill

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Ford Bronco Detailing Time ABC5912A-9E5F-46DD-A994-0EABF18B52E1
Lol, ahh, wash, hahahah.. all the natural wax ya need right there....lol... think it makes her pop somethin special... purty sure that’s what she’ll look like, least 1st couple months...wash it...lol

Sponsored

Ft. Worth Rob

Outer Banks
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X7, Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Optimum no rinse wash & shine on my wife’s X7 that has Optimum Paint Guard ceramic coating and anal-retentive about my microfiber mitts and towels. Only two gallons of water per wash, no dried on soap if it’s sunny and warm and no water dripping from body lines forever. That BMW Arctic Grey metallic is a nice color.
Ford Bronco Detailing Time A03BA2A5-AE9A-435A-BFE0-E8C711B87A86

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

For cleaning the undercarriage after wheeling your bronco. You’re welcome. ??
This is an underrated recommendation. I recommend it to all my beach driving friends. Even though the driving is restricted to the dry sand, it is assumed that the dry has been inundated at the King tide. The salt deposit in the dry sand becomes atomized/dust with the tires. And the salt will find any nook/cranny to settle. My one friend thought I was nuts and he had an older rig that he never washed except whatever fell from the sky. He was having work done and it was on the lift. The salt had actually corroded his frame such that the mechanic pushed his thumb through it. He spent $3500 to replace the necessary frame components. He should have just scrapped it.

mrcx

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'67 Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have to wash this thing? I washed my last Wrangler once, when I was ready to sell it. If I have to wash the Bronco, I might have to reconsider.

DC9atnight

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Even though no one has their Bronco yet it's not to early to start thing about what to use for paint protection and detailing. I've done several write ups on the Ranger forum and while not a professional detailer I would consider myself well advanced with a serious case of OCD. ?

Here's my normal wash method which starts with a power wash to rinse all the dirt/dust off then soap with a foam cannon, wash with a microfiber mitt using a 2 bucket method then power wash rinse and dry with a chamois. I'll do this in a few separate posts so it's not to dragged out.

The power washer that I use is a Sun Joe 2030 psi

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B073FCV1ZC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The foam cannon is from Trinova which is made by 303 Gold Eagle along with Chemical Guys Snow Foam Soap.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06VS4JH62/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/TriNova-Cann...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=D1VF0Z680K5KREBR3073

I also use these wheel guides so the hose doesn't get stuck under the tires. I always thought these were a gimmick but they work great. No more pulling and tugging to free up your wash hose.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B088KS43FS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Can you go in to more detail what your “2 bucket method” is after the foam cannon? Thanks!

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew Lariat 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can you go in to more detail what your “2 bucket method” is after the foam cannon? Thanks!
I use two 5 gal buckets with grit guards at the bottom of them. One for washing and the other for rinsing the microfiber wash mitt. This way you're not rinsing your soap mitt into the wash bucket and possibly contaminating it with dirt.

The foam cannon just applies the soap faster and lets it start to loosen the dirt/dust. I let it sit for about 3-5 minutes like this and it will pull the dirt down as it runs. Sometimes if it's just dusty (no mud or dead bugs) I will just foam it then rinse and dry.

Sponsored
OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How long have you used that pressure washer for?
This one I've only had for a few months. The reviews on Amazon were good and it had a decent warrantee. When I lived back east one of my businesses was power washing houses so I always had 2-3 gas powered ones but they were 3000+ psi. What I really like about this one is it's more than enough to wash your vehicles and once you release the trigger it stops, unlike a gas one you have to manually shut it off. It's not good to let them sit and idle to long or it will damage the pump.

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford Bronco Detailing Time 51FJz8Jq2CL._AC_SL1001_
Lol, ahh, wash, hahahah.. all the natural wax ya need right there....lol... think it makes her pop somethin special... purty sure that’s what she’ll look like, least 1st couple months...wash it...lol
I think you have the best UV protection there is right there. lol

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thanks for the recommendation. This is ideal if you have heavy buildup of mud or even after driving on pre-treated roads up north. For my use, the oscillating sprinkler does a fine job. I turn on the water and walk-away to do something else. Return and move it to another area. After a few cycles, I have my undercarriage clean and I also accomplished other tasks in the interim. But I do like your recommendation for a more thorough clean.

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for the recommendation. This is ideal if you have heavy buildup of mud or even after driving on pre-treated roads up north. For my use, the oscillating sprinkler does a fine job. I turn on the water and walk-away to do something else. Return and move it to another area. After a few cycles, I have my undercarriage clean and I also accomplished other tasks in the interim. But I do like your recommendation for a more thorough clean.
These are great too for those who live where there's a lot of salt on the roads in the winter. It gives you a good pressure wash for the undercarriage where all the lines and cables can collect crud.

When I lived back east one of the job sites was all red clay and my F150 would be covered in the stuff. This made it so easy to clean up the mess underneath without having to lay on the ground and get blasted in the face with water and mud.
Sponsored