Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Does anyone pop their flares off every time you wash to get the grime out from behind?
Just wondering… I still haven’t taken delivery yet but that’s one thing That’s been on my mind.
Sponsored

Gtrekker

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor, Audi, M1102 Overland Trailer 2-B
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Do you use it on your Bronco? I typically use Meguiars, but I keep getting white residue on every dark surface, including my wheels. I hate it.
Hey, I use Meguire's Ultimate Wash n Wax. Works great and beads up nicely. Your issues may be due to the minerals in the water, being in Fla. I'm in NJ (unfortunately) and it works well...

I use Monkey spit in the summer on the bike and cars. Haven't used it on the Bronco yet, not enough nice weather days to bother. I don't see myself using Monkey spit on the MIC top, too much of an area and a pain in the ass. IMO...

KnoxGnater

Badlands
First Name
Nat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1934 Ford Roadster Pickup, Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does anyone pop their flares off every time you wash to get the grime out from behind?
Just wondering… I still haven’t taken delivery yet but that’s one thing That’s been on my mind.
I do if I get into mud as the flares can hold quite a bit inside the water relief channels molded into them. Also, I don't want the grit between the flare and paint causing issues with rubbing/scratching. I may spray some under coating on that lip to provide long term rust protection.

They come off super easy with the 1/4 turn fasteners.

Of course you Wild Track bunch may never get dirty. ;)

Ford Bronco Detailing Wildtrak flare

Gtrekker

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor, Audi, M1102 Overland Trailer 2-B
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I do if I get into mud as the flares can hold quite a bit inside the water relief channels molded into them. Also, I don't want the grit between the flare and paint causing issues with rubbing/scratching. I may spray some under coating on that lip to provide long term rust protection.

They come off super easy with the 1/4 turn fasteners.

Of course you Wild Track bunch may never get dirty. ;)

Ford Bronco Detailing Wildtrak flare
Your undercoating idea is interesting. I had a similar thought of the grit wearing the paint. So, I was planning adding some PPF (wrap or spray) along the arch between the fender extension / flares once the weather gets warmer...

Sponsored

helifino16

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger, 2007 FLHTC "Classic"
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I saw a posting the other day where someone used 'Scrubbing Bubbles' to clean the Fender Flares. Came out nice and clean. Then, I would guess, any treatment to keep them black would suffice.

Ashlesophia

Wildtrak
First Name
Ash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Cadillac CT5, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to make sure the roof top and the fender flares don’t get that ashy look after washing the car?
"That ashy look"

Lol I needed that laugh. It is so true though.
Sponsored