Sponsored

My wife saw a Defender and liked it...oh boy...

GoTigersGoBronco

Badlands
First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I almost ordered a Defender 90. I want one with steel wheels and front bench seat. I think the reliability just did it for me. Breaking down in town is not a huge deal. Breaking down in the middle of no where in a field is a big deal.
Sponsored

Rover72

Outer Banks
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLUR, 18 Cadillac XT5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Was that before or after he became your father in law?
Before & after, this was his motto and it worked! It was his second marriage and I told him don't marry my mother in law. He didn't listen, needless to say, and made it work on his terms. I'm still an idiot saying yes and thinking about his words every friggin time. I finally turned the corner and
no is my answer starting this year after 34 years. The needs have to end at some point, I'm sorry!
Love my wife as she is reasonable, I'm the idiot thinking the next thing she wants, my next yes, will make her happy!

Bronco2021RV

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura rdx
Your Bronco Model
Base
so driving home after grocery shopping with wifey and my wife says..oh that looks interesting [shiny white 4dr Defender drives by us]...now granted my wife wife wants nothing to do with my reserved Bronco but knows how important it is to me...thing is her lease on her SUV ends end of next yr, so approx 6mths after I think my day four reservation/order is delivered...no way I can afford both....what do I do? She usually gets what she wants...
Tell her to watch TFL off road ( about the defender) and she can see how unreliable and expensive to own they are . I would love to have a defender 90 I think they look great but I can’t afford all the repairs and downtime .

MorgansRun

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 330e
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Tell her to watch TFL off road ( about the defender) and she can see how unreliable and expensive to own they are . I would love to have a defender 90 I think they look great but I can’t afford all the repairs and downtime .
And then wait a few years (or less), buy one at Carmax with MaxCare to take care of everything that comes up.

King Luis

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60 & MK5 Jetta TDI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

to all the people saying watch TFL. Those guys are very biased and dramatic imo. i do not watch their videos because of it. many reviewers have crossed african deserts in a multiday trip and had only a couple flats for issues. so, don't let one reviewer ruin a car for you. now, if you have the intent of modifying your offroader, then the defender is not for you. but if it's going to be the wifes car, then let her take a look at it. remind her that everything will be more expensive.

Sponsored

LowerSlowerDelaware

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Chevy S10 Ram 3500
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

A Defender? Dump Her!

Tell her you only want an All-American Bronco Babe

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

After 44 years of marriage I have perfected that "poor little puppy dog" look. The wife just can't fight against it, and always gives in. Maybe you should practice that look, and give it a try. Ya never know......It looks a bit like this. :cry:

Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just don't vibe with the look of those new ones but I'm sure they are nice for what they can do

Seems like an SUV that you'd be pissed to get a scratch on to me though and the colors offered are less imaginative than even the Bronco

DryYourTears

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Defender, 51 Ford F1, motorcycles
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just don't vibe with the look of those new ones but I'm sure they are nice for what they can do

Seems like an SUV that you'd be pissed to get a scratch on to me though and the colors offered are less imaginative than even the Bronco
Hey - at least they already offer a green. ;)

ReimundKrohn

Big Bend
First Name
Reimund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rav-4, 2005 F-150 Lariat, 2005 PT GT Conv
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

If you got the last new vehicle, she gets the Defneder (ewww). If she got the last new vehicle, you get the Bronco. But you need to convince her she wants the Bronco. Thats the real pro move.

Alternately, he (or in my wifes case she) who makes the money, chooses....
In this house, it is the one who wants to see the other naked more who gets to choose.

....Lucky for me, my wife is not in the market for a Defender. 👌

Sponsored

HIckory

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

One of two options... a new wifey 👩 or grow a pair... 🏐🏐... then the Bronco

Carbon Bronco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 U15 Bronco New Lime 302ci
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Ford Bronco My wife saw a Defender and liked it...oh boy... 1622672653664

Problem Solved

Thed

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GX460 '16 Miata '67 F-100 '21 Streetfighter V4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Coming from someone that is absolutely in love with the Defender and does the back-and-forth every damn day on Bronco or Defender, good luck. The decision gets harder the more you look in to the Rover. It's a whole new level of nice compared to the Bronco. The ride is fantastic, the powertrain is one of the best in the business, and it's more than capable enough for 95% of people that are actually going to take their SUVs off-road. Then there's the fact that you can order one right now and have it in a fiscal quarter or so, unless you fancy one of the few that are actually on dealer lots.

I also happen to have a significant other that greatly prefers the Defender, as well. The decision has been agonizing, but either way you're going to end up with something sweet.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So, in the relationship with your wife, you must be miserable for your wife to be happy? Why the hell are you two married?

I find ways to make my wife happy, and she finds ways to make me happy. Her happiness doesn't necessarily mean I have to sacrifice my own happiness.
I didn’t say that at all. I just hate that stereotype “happy wife, happy life.” We can both be happy, but I am not going to give up my interests and things I want either.

Elwood

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The desk in my home office
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It comes in green.
Sponsored