Sponsored

Need Help! Just notified my 1st Edition will not be built and dealer should offer me a Badlands instead - What the...!

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I have a feeling the salesman thought he got cold feet since waited until feb and either promised to a friend/coworker etc or just put in an order for badlands instead of losing the allocation.
Maybe, it’s still attached to them.

P.S I ordered mine 3/16/21 I was waiting until the last min to see if they changed anything else. Plus I wasn’t sure I wanted a FE.
Sponsored

thenewjs

Raptor
First Name
Archie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I don’t understand how/why the dealer could place a order for a override A FE for a BL.

Sounds like the dealer is trying to get him to take the Badlands and sell the FE to someone else.

EricAtKearnyMesaFord

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Has anyone else heard this from their dealer? I had one of the first 500 reservations and ordered my First Edition back in February of 2021. Now, I get a call just today from my dealership telling me that Ford has decided I am one of two 1st Editions at the dealership that will not be built. How can they do this? There has got to be legal ramifications. I have waited, gave 1K to the dealership just to order the Bronco and have done everything by the book. Also BTW, never got any swag either when my friend has already gotten three boxes of stuff from Ford. I am taking this very personal since I have owned at least 15 Fords between me and my partner, my Dad is a retired Ford Trim Plant employee from the old Utica trim plant in MI and I have been a loyal Ford owner/advocate my whole life. I waited years and years for Ford to make a Bronco again, get lucky enough to get the 1st Edition and then Ford just decides, oh well. In the meantime, I kept my Explorer, waiting and waiting which now has depreciated more in value and now over 100K miles on it. To me, there has got to be some serious ramifications but how can I fight Ford on my own. The only solution is to give me my Bronco in good faith as promised or I will have to take some other actions. Looking for advice and any help if this is indeed true. Trying to find out information is like pulling teeth too. So, any advice is much appreciated. Meaning no disrespect to those that can pay way over retail or are famous in nature, I am sure there was not a problem with any of those orders. Also, if I had one of the first 500 reservations, this seems super sketchy. Thanks All!
I order the Broncos for my dealership and we received notification from Ford today that 3 of our FEs wouldn't be built this year. The difference though is that we planned on those not converting as FEs. Those customers had contacted me and requested to wait for a 22 Bronco even though they would lose the FE trim. I think the only way anyone lost their FE order is if the dealer had it in '99' status in the order bank, which signals to Ford that the customer doesn't want the order to convert. It was probably a mistake on the dealer's part, like they maybe didn't change your priority back from 99 after the Shadow Black Mod roof issue early this year. Either way I'm pretty sure this is on the dealer, not Ford.

Sorry that happened. Good luck.

Sponsored

Jrl

First Edition
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport ,first edition C.G
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Dealer must be trying to pull a fast one, you should already have a VIN...
Follow the vin , don’t allow this dealer to do this , I would hire a attorney tomorrow am. Some dealers general managers should not be in this business.Follow the vin .That vin is yours . That first edition is yours . This is a first edition bronco sport .

Ford Bronco Need Help!  Just notified my 1st Edition will not be built and dealer should offer me a Badlands instead - What the...! E24ADB0E-621B-4982-B357-C60BB2D31AF3

Last edited:

Pressurized

Outer Banks
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 6 Bronco - Jeep JKU - Wrangler LJ (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yep, this one sounds like a dealer error... Maybe had it 99'd for some unknown reason. The sad part is, I don't believe it can be fixed. Maybe a financial compensation? But no FE is going to get built.

martyb

Badlands
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra Denali, VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They sold it to someone else….

GoTigersGoBronco

Badlands
First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am genuinely curious how many First Editions get built. There won’t be 7,500. I know two folks who 99’d their First Editions. Seems like there should be some extra ones. Maybe you’re with them, getting a 2022 at the front of the line.

Sponsored

andrusoid

Base
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Outback, '79 2G, '89 3G, '92 5G White!
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Being that FEs are not based on allocations, that they have been scheduling Wildtraks and Badlands with MIC roofs, I think your dealer FU and not Ford. I ain't saying Ford is doing anything right lately, but this seems a bit over the top.
Agreed, sound like dealer, greed. FE's were a build priority. If you have a VIN, track it.

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have a couple orders, one delivered already. One thing I insisted on is getting a copy of the DORA when I ordered. It should be a 19 or less. The DORA shows everything about your order which you should have used to confirm the dealer entered what you want. As others have said, if it was code 99 you are screwed.

That said, final scheduling cleanup is this Thursday so if you demand they remove the 99 from yur order, you may get a shot at scheduling.

Chaos

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 EB Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Has anyone else heard this from their dealer? I had one of the first 500 reservations and ordered my First Edition back in February of 2021. Now, I get a call just today from my dealership telling me that Ford has decided I am one of two 1st Editions at the dealership that will not be built. How can they do this? There has got to be legal ramifications. I have waited, gave 1K to the dealership just to order the Bronco and have done everything by the book. Also BTW, never got any swag either when my friend has already gotten three boxes of stuff from Ford. I am taking this very personal since I have owned at least 15 Fords between me and my partner, my Dad is a retired Ford Trim Plant employee from the old Utica trim plant in MI and I have been a loyal Ford owner/advocate my whole life. I waited years and years for Ford to make a Bronco again, get lucky enough to get the 1st Edition and then Ford just decides, oh well. In the meantime, I kept my Explorer, waiting and waiting which now has depreciated more in value and now over 100K miles on it. To me, there has got to be some serious ramifications but how can I fight Ford on my own. The only solution is to give me my Bronco in good faith as promised or I will have to take some other actions. Looking for advice and any help if this is indeed true. Trying to find out information is like pulling teeth too. So, any advice is much appreciated. Meaning no disrespect to those that can pay way over retail or are famous in nature, I am sure there was not a problem with any of those orders. Also, if I had one of the first 500 reservations, this seems super sketchy. Thanks All!
What Dealer? and don't you have 2 reservations/orders, one FE and one wildtrak? I seem to remember a similar discussion way back with some similar details very unhappy like many about the mod tops not happening.

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017GT350-SOLD, 2013 Ford Edge, 1969 Torino Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thank you! Need advice more than anything. I just cannot believe it is happening.
do you have a reservation number with a pic that says FIrst Edition?

if you do and you have put $1000 connected to that reservation and they have cashed the check or charged your card ..you need to call Ford Corporate ...I have never heard of FE’s not being built once you have a reservation ..

bronc'o

Wildtrak
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Rubicon, 2020 Defender FE, 2022 Bronco WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

do you have a reservation number with a pic that says FIrst Edition?

if you do and you have put $1000 connected to that reservation and they have cashed the check or charged your card ..you need to call Ford Corporate ...I have never heard of FE’s not being built once you have a reservation ..
You should also reference the order confirmation with your reservation number from February of this year. Your dealer is FOS.
Sponsored