Sponsored

Need Help! Just notified my 1st Edition will not be built and dealer should offer me a Badlands instead - What the...!

Richi

Wildtrak
First Name
Richelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer Sport
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Has anyone else heard this from their dealer? I had one of the first 500 reservations and ordered my First Edition back in February of 2021. Now, I get a call just today from my dealership telling me that Ford has decided I am one of two 1st Editions at the dealership that will not be built. How can they do this? There has got to be legal ramifications. I have waited, gave 1K to the dealership just to order the Bronco and have done everything by the book. Also BTW, never got any swag either when my friend has already gotten three boxes of stuff from Ford. I am taking this very personal since I have owned at least 15 Fords between me and my partner, my Dad is a retired Ford Trim Plant employee from the old Utica trim plant in MI and I have been a loyal Ford owner/advocate my whole life. I waited years and years for Ford to make a Bronco again, get lucky enough to get the 1st Edition and then Ford just decides, oh well. In the meantime, I kept my Explorer, waiting and waiting which now has depreciated more in value and now over 100K miles on it. To me, there has got to be some serious ramifications but how can I fight Ford on my own. The only solution is to give me my Bronco in good faith as promised or I will have to take some other actions. Looking for advice and any help if this is indeed true. Trying to find out information is like pulling teeth too. So, any advice is much appreciated. Meaning no disrespect to those that can pay way over retail or are famous in nature, I am sure there was not a problem with any of those orders. Also, if I had one of the first 500 reservations, this seems super sketchy. Thanks All!
Sponsored

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Being that FEs are not based on allocations, that they have been scheduling Wildtraks and Badlands with MIC roofs, I think your dealer FU and not Ford. I ain't saying Ford is doing anything right lately, but this seems a bit over the top.

Cdrdan71

Outer Banks
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
What dealer?

OP
OP

Richi

Wildtrak
First Name
Richelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer Sport
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thanks for responding! I have been on with the dealer and Ford most of the evening already. I am not intending on letting this go in any way shape or form. It seems totally unbelievable. If it is the dealer trying to pull a fast one to sell at a higher price, well... When I called Ford though, they said I was not the only one who called about the same thing but they had no additional information. I will keep pressing. Have a great evening.

De Brus

First Edition
First Name
De Brus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 HD 1200, '66 IH, '62 VW
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I’m confused. First 500? What does that have to do with it and how do you even know? Second, why did you wait until February to convert to an order, especially a first edition with no real changes that could be made other than color. Third, ford is building every ordered first edition and probably then some, still less than 7,500 total as we’ve been told. Fourth, it honestly sounds like your dealer screwed you and didn’t submit the correct order, or will sell your FE with a large markup behind your back.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Richi

Wildtrak
First Name
Richelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer Sport
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I’m confused. First 500? What does that have to do with it and how do you even know? Second, why did you wait until February to convert to an order, especially a first edition with no real changes that could be made other than color. Third, ford is building every ordered first edition and probably then some, still less than 7,500 total as we’ve been told. Fourth, it honestly sounds like your dealer screwed you and didn’t submit the correct order, or will sell your FE with a large markup behind your back.
According to the dealer, I am not getting the vehicle any longer. I have loved Broncos my whole life and no, never intended on selling but gifting to my kids when I am older. I do not have answers from Ford yet. If what you say is true then yes, my dealer has a lot to explain.

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Thank you! Need advice more than anything. I just cannot believe it is happening.
TBH your dealer screwed you. Did you have the painted hard top or dual tops?

OP
OP

Richi

Wildtrak
First Name
Richelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer Sport
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It’s a she, and what’s your point?
Thank you, I am asking for help as no one would want to be in my situation. Thank you for your kindness.

Sponsored

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Step 1: Get it all in writing from your dealership. Stop playing phone tag and get them to explain in very clear detail what went wrong with the process.

Step 2: confirm the dealership story by having your dealership get it in writing from Ford.

Once both parties are on the record, you'll have your answer. It's much harder to lie in writing.

Step 3: record all communications with your dealer if your state allows. My state is a one party state, so no notification is needed. Check the laws for your state.

See which party refuses to go on record and you'll likely know the culprit.

Im seeing a lot of horror stories now that Ford is cracking down on dealerships. I think the shady dealerships are panicking.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Im seeing a lot of horror stories now that Ford is cracking down on dealerships. I think the shady dealerships are panicking.
judging by threads that have posted in the past day ..... Ford seems to be pretty much powerless with dealer sales tactics, even apparent breach of sales contracts.

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Has anyone else heard this from their dealer? I had one of the first 500 reservations and ordered my First Edition back in February of 2021. Now, I get a call just today from my dealership telling me that Ford has decided I am one of two 1st Editions at the dealership that will not be built. How can they do this? There has got to be legal ramifications. I have waited, gave 1K to the dealership just to order the Bronco and have done everything by the book. Also BTW, never got any swag either when my friend has already gotten three boxes of stuff from Ford. I am taking this very personal since I have owned at least 15 Fords between me and my partner, my Dad is a retired Ford Trim Plant employee from the old Utica trim plant in MI and I have been a loyal Ford owner/advocate my whole life. I waited years and years for Ford to make a Bronco again, get lucky enough to get the 1st Edition and then Ford just decides, oh well. In the meantime, I kept my Explorer, waiting and waiting which now has depreciated more in value and now over 100K miles on it. To me, there has got to be some serious ramifications but how can I fight Ford on my own. The only solution is to give me my Bronco in good faith as promised or I will have to take some other actions. Looking for advice and any help if this is indeed true. Trying to find out information is like pulling teeth too. So, any advice is much appreciated. Meaning no disrespect to those that can pay way over retail or are famous in nature, I am sure there was not a problem with any of those orders. Also, if I had one of the first 500 reservations, this seems super sketchy. Thanks All!
Whered you go, I feel bad now and want to help. I need more details. Have you been recieveing emails from ford of updates? Did you choose the painted mod top/dual tops. I’m trying to get the full story so I can advise you properly.

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you're getting jerked around with a signed contract in play, contact a laywer who will give you a free consultation and let them see if you have a leg to stand on in court.

De Brus

First Edition
First Name
De Brus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 HD 1200, '66 IH, '62 VW
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Whered you go, I feel bad now and want to help. I need more details. Have you been recieveing emails from ford of updates? Did you choose the painted mod top/dual tops. I’m trying to get the full story so I can advise you properly.
I have a feeling the salesman thought he got cold feet since waited until feb and either promised to a friend/coworker etc or just put in an order for badlands instead of losing the allocation.
Sponsored