Noog1315

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So when I ordered my bronco I was in the “treat yourself” mentality. Reality has set in, and I think I should order a cheaper trim now. I don’t have a VIN or build week scheduled, same as most of us. I reached out to my dealer about changing my order. I left it pretty vague and asked him what I was able to change. I told him I still want a 2 door as I know you can’t change that. He said technically it’s in production and he doesn’t think I can change my order at all. Then asked what I wanted to change. I know you can change things because Ford is basically telling people if they want to get scheduled quicker to remove constraint items. I think he just wants me locked into a higher dollar bronco. Are you limited by anything else besides the number of doors you want? Can you change trim? How should I tell him he’s wrong and I want him to change my order? Thanks in advance guys!!!
Sponsored

Lilj4425

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You can change anything you want including number of doors and trim level as long as a VIN hasn’t been issued for your Bronco yet. The only thing you can’t do is move up to First Edition from a lower level trim. I had my dealership change my two door Badlands to a four door Badlands this past Saturday with no issues.

OP
OP
Noog1315

Noog1315

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You can change anything you want including number of doors and trim level as long as a VIN hasn’t been issued for your Bronco yet. The only thing you can’t do is move up to First Edition from a lower level trim. I had my dealership change my two door Badlands to a four door Badlands this past Saturday with no issues.
Yea I mean I know you can definitely change stuff. I just don’t know how to get him to stop blowing smoke up my ass and to do his job. I’m thinking of going with the angle that I know Ford has been telling people to change their order to get theirs scheduled sooner. I just hate he is making it so difficult.

Barricade

Base
First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I just messaged Ford via Facebook Messenger. I asked them since I don’t have a vin or build date, if I could make a change to mine. I got a quick response and a case number. Hopefully I can get an answer from the “Specialized Vehicle Reservation Team” (their words).

shoelessjoe

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yea I mean I know you can definitely change stuff. I just don’t know how to get him to stop blowing smoke up my ass and to do his job. I’m thinking of going with the angle that I know Ford has been telling people to change their order to get theirs scheduled sooner. I just hate he is making it so difficult.
Order what you want.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

As stated you can change anything up till your VIN is assigned. If your salesperson doesn't help call the General Manager at the dealership, and ask him why your salesperson won't help you. That may get your salesperson moving. If that doesn't work it's time for a personal appearance at the dealership for a come to Jesus meeting with both.
Sponsored